Outdoor Weddings
Options

No Bridal Suite

We're getting married outdoors with a building nearby for the reception. I'm not sure what to do right before the wedding. The bridesmaids and I will be getting ready at my parent's house nearby and then driving to the ceremony, but I feel like the only option is to arrive immediately beforehand and then try to hide in the building before we walk down the aisle. This seems stressful. Any ideas?

Re: No Bridal Suite

• Options
    We're getting married outdoors with a building nearby for the reception. I'm not sure what to do right before the wedding. The bridesmaids and I will be getting ready at my parent's house nearby and then driving to the ceremony, but I feel like the only option is to arrive immediately beforehand and then try to hide in the building before we walk down the aisle. This seems stressful. Any ideas?
    This is basically what I did. Got ready at a house nearby, then chilled inside while the last guests straggled in. The only stressful part about it was I didn't have a watch and was concerned with starting on time/ not making people wait too long. But honestly, it was fine.
  • Options
    Yeah I feel like I'm overthinking it because we can just...wait in the car until we're ready. And if people see us then it's not the end of the world. It's just a little bit more on my mind because we're not doing a first look so I want the first moment I see my fiance to be special. 
  • Options
    Yeah I feel like I'm overthinking it because we can just...wait in the car until we're ready. And if people see us then it's not the end of the world. It's just a little bit more on my mind because we're not doing a first look so I want the first moment I see my fiance to be special. 
    It will be, even if y'all catch a glimpse of each other, it will still be special.
  • Options
    I had a similar situation when I got married. We opted to rent a 13 passenger van to transport the wedding party to the venue (we had a shuttle service to bring us back to the hotel after the reception). Sent the groom's side over first, then the van came back for the rest of us. I just waited in the van until the ceremony started. The van had dark tinted windows so no one even realized I was in there until I got out. 
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    My daughter got ready at the hotel where the reception would be held, then I drove her to the church where she got married. We were 15 minutes late (not intentionally) because hair and makeup took longer than expected. Being a few minutes late is fine, and this is what I recommend.