Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    @NBSquared2017 I have caught bits and pieces. I felt so bad for her, that had to be so painful. Glad to hear she is finely free. 

Where in the Midwest are you from? Sometimes I miss it but I think I just miss oak trees and thunder storms. 💚

@VarunaTT I am sorry you are having drama with your friend. 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    @short+sassy a year or two ago someone put together a birthday list in a mom group I'm in (the group was when were all pregnant at the same time). I was looking at the list and thought to myself "wow a lot of people have November birthdays, that's crazy how many there are".  Until I realized well DUH there are a lot of Nov because that's when we were all due so most of our kids were born that month. Ooops.  I was, ummm, perhaps 30 years past my 7th birtday...
    Also, aren’t most later half of November babies products  of Valentine’s Day rendezvous?
    early/mid Nov babies would be there; late Nov would be a week or so later typically 
  • Options
    Varuna - I don't think you are the asshole here.  I understand being private, but your friend is taking it to extremes.  He has boundaries and you also have boundaries, but they are very far apart and don't seem to be very compatible.

Casadena - Might just be typical daycare stuff.  Hope its nothing!

I've got a bunch of work to do, but just popping in for a quick break.

I have a special yoga class tomorrow morning, then afterwards we will be starting the project of installing can lights in the family room.  Hoping we can complete that this weekend, so we can start with moving furniture around from my parents house to ours.  We also plan on switching out one of our extra full beds for MILs extra queen bed.  I also have to get my donations in full swing.  I have so much in the house that needs to be organized and either dropped off or picked up.

H and I will have a nice dinner after DD goes to bed on Sunday night.  I also got them chocolates.  H will give me flower and a card.  I also asked for chocolate covered strawberries from a local bakery when I saw them featuring them on FB.

Monday, we are off from work, but daycare is open.  So H and I will have a quiet day at home relaxing.
  • Options
    Pam - Forgot to mention.  Maybe try something like this? click
  • Options
    @VarunaTT umm no, you’re NTA!!! That sounds very emotionally draining, I’m sorry 
    @banana468 yes I know the part of Flushing you’re referring too! Truly as authentic as actual Chinatown in Lower Manhattan.  You’re right that I’m from nyc (Queens) but we moved to Long Island (Nassau) a couple years ago.  
  • Options
    OliveOilsMom We get gross crumbs stuck between the oven and the counter and it grosees me out but is impossible to clean. Didn't even know that was a thing!
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017 I have caught bits and pieces. I felt so bad for her, that had to be so painful. Glad to hear she is finely free. 

Where in the Midwest are you from? Sometimes I miss it but I think I just miss oak trees and thunder storms. 💚

Cleveland, Ohio born and raised! I met my husband and we moved to South New Jersey for his job. 

I miss Ohio so much. It’s not a far drive. Seven hours if we only stop once, but with a new baby and my family being from Ohio and his family being from Michigan it just makes sense for us to head back west.
  • Options

Cleveland, Ohio born and raised! I met my husband and we moved to South New Jersey for his job. 

I miss Ohio so much. It’s not a far drive. Seven hours if we only stop once, but with a new baby and my family being from Ohio and his family being from Michigan it just makes sense for us to head back west.
    In my head I thought you were in OH, I didn't realize you lived on the east coast. I hope you're able to head back home if that's what you decide
  • Options
    You know what was not on my schedule today?  Performing minor surgery on DefConn's finger.  He got a splinter embedded in the side of his fingernail while I was showering.  It was traumatizing for us both, LOL.  Finger injuries are the worst all around. 
  • Options
    NBSquared2017NBSquared2017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2021
    kvruns said:

In my head I thought you were in OH, I didn't realize you lived on the east coast. I hope you're able to head back home if that's what you decide
    This damn box. Did you play fantasy? My profile picture is Baker Mayfield. That’s probably why! 
  • Options
    Has anyone been following the Gorilla Glue saga? She finally got all of it out of her hair after a 4 hour surgery 🥴

Nothing too major this weekend. We have this awkward closet by the laundry room that I want to turn into an appliance closet. I think we’re going to pick out paint colors this weekend and start to draw up plans to add shelving and under the cabinet lighting. We just got a new miter saw and I can’t wait to use it! 

DH is unhappy with his contract at work so we had a long talk about potentially moving back to the Midwest which would make my heart so happy. I’m not getting my hopes up, but a girl can dream! 
    She's from New Orleans!  So it's been all over our local news the whole time.  It sounded so awful and I'm glad that LA plastic surgeon was able to help her and did it for no charge.

However, while I am sympathetic to her for all the pain and nightmare she went through, I am HARD side-eying her for seeing an attorney about suing Gorilla Glue.

She did an incredibly stupid thing.  I'm not even going to rake her over the coals for that.  We have all done incredibly stupid things in our life time.  But HER mistake is 100% HER mistake.  So to sue a company over it is some serious low level, low character stuff*.  Besides, that surgeon already helped her for free.  Last I saw, her GoFundMe account had something like $18K in it.  So, through the generosity of strangers, she has already been amply compensated for a mistake that was entirely her fault.

I don't think she's filed a lawsuit yet.  So, forever optimist that I am that people will do the right thing...even when they so often don't...I hope she does drops even the idea of suing them.

*One of my tenants and friends is an attorney who does both defense work and auto accident claims.  Back before the pandemic, I had slipped on a big puddle of water down a main aisle of Harrahs.  With the way the lighting was and the light color of the tile, it was impossible to see.  And I mean I SLIPPED BIG TIME.  One second I'm upright and walking, the next second I am sitting on the floor because it was like my legs had been pulled out from under me.  I alerted Harrahs to the hazard and also made an accident report, jic my injuries were worse than I thought.  I had some bruising.  My ankle was a little sore for a few days.  But NBD.  I didn't even need to see a doctor.

My friend told me, "Jen!!!  You should have asked for compensation!  They probably would have given you at least 500 bucks, just to go away."  NOPE!!!!  Absolutely not because I was barely injured and it was NBD.  And that's what makes me sad about our society.  Just because someone CAN get "free money", doesn't mean they should.  Because it's taking advantage of someone.  Even if that "someone" is a huge corporation.  Which, mind you, then affects all customers with higher prices to have a legal team and pay off bogus lawsuits.
    I absolutely thought it was for clout in the beginning, but seeing how much pain she was in made me feel so bad for her! Someone started a Gorilla Glue challenge 🤦🏾‍♀️

• Options
    @NBSquared2017 I always have to laugh because 7hours to a Midwesterner is nbd. People here act like 2hours drive is a whole day, lol. (says the lady who rarely goes anywhere outside of her 20minute perimeter) But 7 hours is a long drive, especially with a baby. Would you go back to Cleveland, or Michigan, or a third option?
  • Options
    kvruns said:

This damn box. Did you play fantasy? My profile picture is Baker Mayfield. That’s probably why! 
    Yep! I remembered your love of the Browns so I think I just assumed you were still there 
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017 I always have to laugh because 7hours to a Midwesterner is nbd. People here act like 2hours drive is a whole day, lol. (says the lady who rarely goes anywhere outside of her 20minute perimeter) But 7 hours is a long drive, especially with a baby. Would you go back to Cleveland, or Michigan, or a third option?
    2 hours is a long drive to this Midwesterner!
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    2 hours to turn around and drive back the same 2 hours is a lot (but we're probably going to do it for DefConn's bday to go to the Air Force museum in Dayton). 

For a vacation/long weekend? 7 hours is a dream.  When we googled the Ozarks, we couldn't believe how close it was. Ozarks is 6-7 for us.  Our last few driving trips averaged 12 hours one way.   We're excited we don't have to get up at 4am to get on the road.  LOL 
  • Options
    DH has family in Fort Worth! I love Texas. The weather, cost of living, etc. I would not be opposed to moving there! 

I have always loved Chicago, but I don’t know if I would live there. It’s cold 🥶 
  • Options
    Yes! I have a silicone strip thing for my stove/counter because I used to have such a big gap. Countertop people made it so there’s beey little now! I was thinking those strips but they fall out easy. Maybe if I glued it!

• Options
    Chicago IS cold! Someone visiting from Ohio told us there was a difference from OH to here just the other day. But I’m from Winterpeg sooooo... but also, I’ve become a big baby about the cold. 7 hour vacation drive really is nothing. I mean if it’s split up between at least 2 people. I couldn’t do it alone.

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:
    2 hours to turn around and drive back the same 2 hours is a lot (but we're probably going to do it for DefConn's bday to go to the Air Force museum in Dayton). 

For a vacation/long weekend? 7 hours is a dream.  When we googled the Ozarks, we couldn't believe how close it was. Ozarks is 6-7 for us.  Our last few driving trips averaged 12 hours one way.   We're excited we don't have to get up at 4am to get on the road.  LOL 
    We went there while visiting my BIL and SIL a couple of years ago. I'm not even really that into plans and stuff, but it's so cool!
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

We went there while visiting my BIL and SIL a couple of years ago. I'm not even really that into plans and stuff, but it's so cool!
    I went as a kid and I remember it being awesome. DefConn is a car, truck, plane, farm equipment guy and a total tinkerer (omg so many toy wheels and car parts just hang out around my house), so it's right up his alley.  He's going to love it.  We're probably going to take our dads with us and see if BIL/SIL/nephews want to come up from Cincy. 
  • Options
    DH has family in Fort Worth! I love Texas. The weather, cost of living, etc. I would not be opposed to moving there! 

I have always loved Chicago, but I don’t know if I would live there. It’s cold 🥶 
    I can't with TX. I love chicago but fuck it is cold. I have a love/hate with the Midwest. I grew up there and know how wonderful it can be but I also know it's seedy underbelly. Also snow, I hate snow. 

When we lived in Atlanta and DH's family was in Charleston, it was perfect. 5 hours, too long for an unannounced visit, close enough for a weekend visit.

Ideally, there is a lovely, little, liberal, Vermont-ish town somewhere in the middle of Appalachia where we can buy a little sumtin. I doubt it but a girl can dream.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

We went there the weekend BIL graduated from law school in Dayton.  

Also fantastic and 90 minutes away is the Columbus Zoo.  I'd happily spend a day there the next time we're out visiting.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    kvruns said:

very true, the destination and turn around time are important. I used to drive to Chicago a decent amount for a weekend or few days midweek and didn't mind, but having to drive down to Cincy and back in the same day wears me out. 

I've only done one long car trip as an adult which was driving to NYC 5 years ago. I can't do a trip that long again at least not with DH - he thinks he's a race car driver with road rage and even 30 min in the car with him these days drives me crazy. If I thought DS could be in the car a long time I'd drive he and I down to FL to visit my family in March but it's 16 hours and he would not sit that long
  • Options
    Yes! I have a silicone strip thing for my stove/counter because I used to have such a big gap. Countertop people made it so there’s beey little now! I was thinking those strips but they fall out easy. Maybe if I glued it!
    I consulted with my "in-house" DY-er, aka my H.  He didn't like the idea of a piece of wood and said he would use caulking instead.

But he said some weather stripping (usually used for doors) or something like that AND use caulking to keep it in place ;), would be another fairly easy way to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone been following the Gorilla Glue saga? She finally got all of it out of her hair after a 4 hour surgery 🥴

Nothing too major this weekend. We have this awkward closet by the laundry room that I want to turn into an appliance closet. I think we’re going to pick out paint colors this weekend and start to draw up plans to add shelving and under the cabinet lighting. We just got a new miter saw and I can’t wait to use it! 

DH is unhappy with his contract at work so we had a long talk about potentially moving back to the Midwest which would make my heart so happy. I’m not getting my hopes up, but a girl can dream! 
    She's from New Orleans!  So it's been all over our local news the whole time.  It sounded so awful and I'm glad that LA plastic surgeon was able to help her and did it for no charge.

However, while I am sympathetic to her for all the pain and nightmare she went through, I am HARD side-eying her for seeing an attorney about suing Gorilla Glue.

She did an incredibly stupid thing.  I'm not even going to rake her over the coals for that.  We have all done incredibly stupid things in our life time.  But HER mistake is 100% HER mistake.  So to sue a company over it is some serious low level, low character stuff*.  Besides, that surgeon already helped her for free.  Last I saw, her GoFundMe account had something like $18K in it.  So, through the generosity of strangers, she has already been amply compensated for a mistake that was entirely her fault.

I don't think she's filed a lawsuit yet.  So, forever optimist that I am that people will do the right thing...even when they so often don't...I hope she does drops even the idea of suing them.

*One of my tenants and friends is an attorney who does both defense work and auto accident claims.  Back before the pandemic, I had slipped on a big puddle of water down a main aisle of Harrahs.  With the way the lighting was and the light color of the tile, it was impossible to see.  And I mean I SLIPPED BIG TIME.  One second I'm upright and walking, the next second I am sitting on the floor because it was like my legs had been pulled out from under me.  I alerted Harrahs to the hazard and also made an accident report, jic my injuries were worse than I thought.  I had some bruising.  My ankle was a little sore for a few days.  But NBD.  I didn't even need to see a doctor.

My friend told me, "Jen!!!  You should have asked for compensation!  They probably would have given you at least 500 bucks, just to go away."  NOPE!!!!  Absolutely not because I was barely injured and it was NBD.  And that's what makes me sad about our society.  Just because someone CAN get "free money", doesn't mean they should.  Because it's taking advantage of someone.  Even if that "someone" is a huge corporation.  Which, mind you, then affects all customers with higher prices to have a legal team and pay off bogus lawsuits.
    I absolutely thought it was for clout in the beginning, but seeing how much pain she was in made me feel so bad for her! Someone started a Gorilla Glue challenge 🤦🏾‍♀️

Louisiana again (short+sassy hangs head in shame for her fellow Louisianans).

Dear Gorrilla Glue--

For your own sake, please stop selling your products in Louisiana.  It's great stuff!  But some of our citizens do not give it the proper respect it deserves and have been harming themselves.

Thank you,
    A Concerned Citizen
    Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler* (but not with Gorilla Glue)

*(Let the Good Times Roll-NOLA's city slogan)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I consulted with my "in-house" DY-er, aka my H.  He didn't like the idea of a piece of wood and said he would use caulking instead.

But he said some weather stripping (usually used for doors) or something like that AND use caulking to keep it in place ;), would be another fairly easy way to go.
    Pam - I would not use glue either.  You don't want to ruin your countertops with glue!  I would use clear silicone caulk to keep it in place.
  • Options
    Pam - I would not use glue either.  You don't want to ruin your countertops with glue!  I would use clear silicone caulk to keep it in place.
    Right. Glue is for hair only!