Wedding Woes

Monday, Monday

2»

Re: Monday, Monday

• kvruns said:
    @missJeanLouise such a pretty piece! happy birthday to yourself!
    @short+sassy any lasting effects from the blood sugar issue? I'm glad your H was there to help
    Happy birthday @MNNEBride
    @charlotte989875 all the hugs in the world on the sleep stuff and an H who doesn't get it and somehow tries to blame you for it all. At least yours apologized....doesn't take the sting out of it but I am glad he realizes he was a jerk
    He definitely realized he was being a jerk about it so that’s better. Still sucked. 
  • banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 it is SO hard for a relationship to be sleep deprived and also be in the middle of a pandemic where you cant' exactly have an easy date night. 

DH and I still have our moments (and had a tiff a week ago) about stuff and then I yelled at everyone yesterday saying "Is the only way that people will listen to me is if I turn into a raging bitch?  Because that's not who I want to be but I'm really fucking frustrated that it's the only way people will listen."  

Hugs - I've been there and it's not a fun place to be. 
    Thanks, I really appreciate it! I totally feel that- like do I need to list out every single thing I’m trying here before you realize I’m not just hoping he starts sleeping better, that I’m like actually trying. 
  • Happy Birthday Week @VarunaTT!! I hope you and your BFF have a great time. I’m sorry that happened to you with your friend. You deserve friends that make you feel safe and supported. He may be scared and in pain but that should never be taken out on you. 
  • banana468 said:
    @charlotte989875 it is SO hard for a relationship to be sleep deprived and also be in the middle of a pandemic where you cant' exactly have an easy date night. 

DH and I still have our moments (and had a tiff a week ago) about stuff and then I yelled at everyone yesterday saying "Is the only way that people will listen to me is if I turn into a raging bitch?  Because that's not who I want to be but I'm really fucking frustrated that it's the only way people will listen."  

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I totally feel that- like do I need to list out every single thing I’m trying here before you realize I’m not just hoping he starts sleeping better, that I’m like actually trying. 
    Its a hard thing to accept in life that you can try everything and sometimes it just still is/sucks (says the parent to a kid who was almost 4 before sleeping all night became a regular thing)

But while sleep deprived EVERYTHING and everyone sucks. And I'm amazed more divorces don't happen because of lack of sleep.
  • banana468 said:

The only suggestion that works with DH and me is to not argue when we're at our wits end and tired.  I have to spell things out the following day.

"I know that Chiquito isn't sleeping.  Here's what I try:
    -boob
    -put down awake
    -rocking
    -burping
    -fresh diaper
    -more food before boob
    After all those things he's down but still wakes up.  What seems to work for me is X.  I know that we want him to sleep through the night.  The research I've done has some suggestions that are above and also say that it's possible it may take him some time.  Is there anything else you want to try?   We are both after the same outcome and in what I find, some babies just take time.  Are you in agreement that we may have a kiddo who just takes a longer time to STTN?"  

Your DH can be frustrated on other aspects but he also has to accept portions of reality and one of them is that you have a fully formed human that may resist training no matter how much you try just like you and your H are not people who may be able to be trained completely because you'll express your own needs and desires.  Until your DS uses his words and works up to self soothing, these are going to be the way he expresses himself. 

But in the meantime perhaps you can use MIL watching him for a sneak away date?  Even if the date is a walk or a drive?  It's going to be hard to make that tim for each other.
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

The only suggestion that works with DH and me is to not argue when we're at our wits end and tired.  I have to spell things out the following day.

-boob
    -put down awake
    -rocking
    -burping
    -fresh diaper
    -more food before boob
    After all those things he's down but still wakes up.  What seems to work for me is X.  I know that we want him to sleep through the night.  The research I've done has some suggestions that are above and also say that it's possible it may take him some time.  Is there anything else you want to try?   We are both after the same outcome and in what I find, some babies just take time.  Are you in agreement that we may have a kiddo who just takes a longer time to STTN?"  

Your DH can be frustrated on other aspects but he also has to accept portions of reality and one of them is that you have a fully formed human that may resist training no matter how much you try just like you and your H are not people who may be able to be trained completely because you'll express your own needs and desires.  Until your DS uses his words and works up to self soothing, these are going to be the way he expresses himself. 

But in the meantime perhaps you can use MIL watching him for a sneak away date?  Even if the date is a walk or a drive?  It's going to be hard to make that tim for each other.
    This is so helpful, thank you! 

I’ve accepted that DS is just being a baby and is doing what baby’s do- I think H is just starting to get that message. 

I love the suggestion fo sneaking out, together for a bit. We haven’t done that in a while (like before it snowed!) and that would probably help! 
  • @CharmedPam American Eagle. I have full coverage bra
  • Ah I had no idea American Eagle was Aerie were the same.  So ummmm is American Eagle and American company? 😊 

• Yup :) Love Aerie. Left V.S and all others. They always felt .... real? Now they have even more stuff to promote it
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

-boob
    -put down awake
    -rocking
    -burping
    -fresh diaper
    -more food before boob

This is so helpful, thank you! 

I’ve accepted that DS is just being a baby and is doing what baby’s do- I think H is just starting to get that message. 

I love the suggestion fo sneaking out, together for a bit. We haven’t done that in a while (like before it snowed!) and that would probably help! 
    I have to remind myself that DH needs that attention too and when I'm stressed out it's not an excuse to put him as a low priority.  

That said, he also needs to know that I need JUST A BACKRUB when I say so. 
  • kvruns said:
    @missJeanLouise such a pretty piece! happy birthday to yourself!
    @short+sassy any lasting effects from the blood sugar issue? I'm glad your H was there to help
    Happy birthday @MNNEBride
    @charlotte989875 all the hugs in the world on the sleep stuff and an H who doesn't get it and somehow tries to blame you for it all. At least yours apologized....doesn't take the sting out of it but I am glad he realizes he was a jerk
    Thankfully, no.  I often feel crappy while it's happening and for a while afterwards.  If it goes on for a long time, like it did on Sunday, it kind of messes with my mind also.  To an extent, I lose a sense of time and reality seems altered.

Overall, that was a really unusual incident.  My blood sugar usually only goes too low once in awhile.  Normally, I'm aware of it and eat or drink something sugary and then I'm fine within about 15 minutes.  I've been a Type I diabetic for 27 years and have only had a bad incident like that about a dozen times.

I'm not sure what happened.  I don't remember taking an extra shot of insulin, but maybe I did.  I ran out of my "fast acting" insulin about a month ago.  More is on the way, but I've been having to get by on the much cheaper "old fashioned" R insulin that takes more and better planning to use correctly.

As an aside, I am really annoyed at the Canadian pharmacy I use for that fast acting insulin.  They're pens and come in boxes of five pens.  In the US, they are $550/box.  From the Canadian pharmacy I use, they are $135/box, so the company is a major lifesaver in that respect.  However, the shipments come from India.  And they do take a LONG time to get, so I typically order 10 boxes at a time.  But still, it's usually only 3-4 weeks before I get them.  I placed my order Jan. 25th.  They come in 5 shipments with two insulin boxes in a parcel.  My first parcel wasn't even mailed until 2 1/2 weeks after I placed the order.  It got through customs two days ago and is "on its way to its final destination", but there is no ETA.  It is still in Jamaica, NY.  The other 4 parcels haven't even left India yet, smh.

At any rate, it's just typical Murphy's Law that the one time I wasn't able to place the order sooner and long before I ran out, is the one time where it is taking substantially longer than it usually does.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2021
    Frustrating day of work today. I had edited an article last week that was a complete mess. Today it's my job to produce it on our website. But there's something wrong with the platform. We use HubSpot, and it was putting in the wrong codes for so many things. I have to manually fix the article, and another person, the assistant to my boss, keeps complaining that it "looks horrible." It didn't. Then she butts into another conversation I was having with some other co-workers that really didn't involve her. That conversation was one that is actually part of one of my assignments.I feel fed up.  :(

Tomorrow, a lab appointment and two doctor appointments.  :p

Hopefully Wednesday things will be better.
  • Update: we didn't get the house. I know it will all work out eventually but man is it frustrating! We just aren't willing to do some of the crazy things people are doing right now with these crazy bidding wars like waive an inspection or offer X amount over appraisal if the house appraises low. There were 17 total offers on the house!
  • Jstump2 said:
    Update: we didn't get the house. I know it will all work out eventually but man is it frustrating! We just aren't willing to do some of the crazy things people are doing right now with these crazy bidding wars like waive an inspection or offer X amount over appraisal if the house appraises low. There were 17 total offers on the house!
    I forget where you’re at but this seems like a crazy market! Is your realtor hopeful or have any suggestions? 
  • I'm in Ohio. She is hopeful that come springtime there might be more houses that come on the market. There just isn't much out there right now so everyone who is looking is fighting over the same houses.
  • Jstump2 said:
    I'm in Ohio. She is hopeful that come springtime there might be more houses that come on the market. There just isn't much out there right now so everyone who is looking is fighting over the same houses.
    Do you run into the same people at open houses? (Are people doing open houses?)
    One of my favorite things about real estate stalking these days are the 3D views, absolutely love it. I hope by the time I am in the market to buy, every house has a 3D view.
  • @missJeanLouise I am just making an assumption, haha! They are not currently doing open houses because of covid. But it has not been unusual to only have 15-minutes in a house for our appointment time because they stack so many appointments in one day and there is no overlap allowed. We have found that any houses that do not have a major issue (foundation, flooding) are selling within the first 1-2 days on the market. We also love the virtual tours! We pretty much scour the internet for blueprints ect. blow the photos up on our tv at home and only see the houses that we are ready to make an offer on based on that info.
  • @Jstump2 I was just hoping for some juicy real estate drama, lol. 
    I can't imagine having to choose a house without ever stepping inside. That has to be so stressful!