Wedding Woes
Options

Thinking it is THURSDAY

I thought yesterday was Thursday, oops.

Re: Thinking it is THURSDAY

• Options
    I probably always think it is the wrong day when I start a thread. It all blends together. 

Found out daycare is putting in a private Kindergarten class/Kindergarten readiness program. Have to attend a zoom parent meeting to learn more about it. I'm a bit annoyed because I remember the director last year saying that kids who aren't old enough for kindergarten this fall will be in a kindergarten readiness program that mimics kindergarten. Now it sounds like that program will be an add on that you have to sign up for - and pay more - or you can stick to the regular preschool program. Just feels like trying to nickel and dime people when it is already expensive enough!
  • Options
    Kiddos are prepping for school date changes.  Monday Chiquito goes in 4 days a week and on the 15th Chiquita joins the club.  I ordered more masks that have a filter pocket so Chiquito can have the additional layers in one rathe than try to wear two.  Our district is making progress and has good protocols so I'm cautiously optimistic.  

Fingers are also crossed that when they go in we can have a contractor over to evaluate prospects to put an addition on the kitchen.  We need more space and I told DH that if we don' get a dude here now we're going to have an upside down house in the fall.  Get on it lover!

• Options
    OMG, I'm so sorry about your friend @VarunaTT!  I'm glad she's OK.  And yay therapy...I always feel better and more in control when I have a session.  Boo to your bday plans being upended.  It's disappointing.  I can't wait to see your new tat.  
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, oh no!  I'm so glad your BFF is physically okay, but what a terrible thing to have happen.  Plus I know how much you were looking forward to a fun weekend after all the crap that's been going on for you lately.

I am having an angry day.  I'm angry at the USPS.  I'm angry at one of my insurance carriers, though thankfully that just got resolved as I'm typing this post, lol .  But now the smallest things are pissing me off and feeding into it.  I really needed today to be a calm day because I have important stuff to do.  But I guess not.

Around lunch, I'm going to contact a banker I used to have a good relationship with.  PPP loans are available, but just for small businesses with less than 20 employees, for the next two weeks.  The bank she works for is a local provider for those and I hope she can help me out.  I didn't get the $3400 I was entitled to...and it would have been forgiven...from last time when I used some whatever online bank/lender, because they neglected to take the last step.  Definitely not making that mistake again! Especially now that brick/mortar bank lobbies are back open. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MY LIFE IS CHAOS

Monday evening M got an email about a positive test in his office building. He was there for 2hrs on Thursday, positive test was Friday.
    He ended up testing on Tuesday - even though it was low chance - because he had a sinus headache on Saturday.

Tuesday was fine. BK did not nap, but whatever. That afternoon - we figure around 3 - it started feeling cold in the house. Whatever, eco setting. Later that night it wasn't warming.
    BK wore a sleeper and thick blanket, and we kept eye on her constantly.

House still not warming. We called our furnace company.
    THESE PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE EMERGENCY SERVICES!!! No one would come that night.
    We were fucking honest and said we had to self isolate, and the guy who came THE NEXT DAY said he was the only damn tech who would come because we were self isolating.

WHAT THE EVER LOVING FUCK

So I'll be having words with the company and I'm looking into leaving them also because WE LIVE IN ONE OF THE COLDEST CITIES IN THE COUNTRY YOU CAN FUCK YOUR SELF COMPANY

Then - because moar chaos! - M is brushing car and it's thick with ice. Fine. I'm late because we had to let some thaw a bit.
    M was taking trash out, and idk HOW T.F THIS HAPPENED but he locked himself out.

He has my key, so I couldn't just go home.
    We have a locksmith coming.

We are also getting spare keys made this weekend.
  • Options
    @casadena I'd lead with your comment "It's so uncomfortable talking to external stakeholders when people are walking by constantly or come up and start talking because they can't see that i'm on the phone. "   That right there is key since you're talking to external stakeholders and want to maintain a private, professional discourse that is hard to do in an open plan area
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry you all have been having a rough time!  I hope the tech was able to get your heat back on.

@Casadena, good luck snagging the office!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:

ETA; I'm stressing about picking a BM dress for my best friends wedding in September.  I'm skeptical about whether it will happen as planned, but if it does, I will be 2 months postpartum.  So trying to pick a dress now while trying to balance nursing boobs, flattering tummy area, but also cute.  
    Are there guidelines or are you able to pick anything you want?  Are you looking at any particular styles?  Do yo want us to help you shop?  
  • Options
    @short+sassy  it was an easy fix luckily so we got heat quick.
    And M got in the house!
  • Options
    @short+sassy does tour banker friend have PPP experience? My company has done some of the highest #s of PPP loans and given your experience with the last run you may want a company who knows how to complete them properly. The SBA website lists the banks doing the most PPPs so maybe you could find one that has experience closing the loans. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger do you have contracts that you can sign with local HVAC companies and can you talk to them about their protocols for things like this?  It seems to vary around but at least with ours the local company we use we pay an extra $300 per year so they will do an annual inspection on the boiler (or furnace depending on what you have) and then they are also called for issues.  When FIL was running one at the other end of the state their deal was that they were a service provider who also filled oil tanks.   You needed an annual contract with their company and then they'd be your oil supplier and would service your equipment too.  Hopefully there's something like that near you.

@mrsconn23 I am so sorry about your aunt.  Belated condolences.

@VarunaTT i hope your friend is OK! 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Casadena said:

ETA; I'm stressing about picking a BM dress for my best friends wedding in September.  I'm skeptical about whether it will happen as planned, but if it does, I will be 2 months postpartum.  So trying to pick a dress now while trying to balance nursing boobs, flattering tummy area, but also cute.  
    Are there guidelines or are you able to pick anything you want?  Are you looking at any particular styles?  Do yo want us to help you shop?  
    She's using Azazie in the cabernet color - no other parameters
    img
    sorry this pic is huge.  But this is the one i'm thinking.  Maybe not the one I would pick if I wasn't so worried about large nursing boobs, but I think it would be supportive, I could wear a bra if i wanted, and seems forgiving enough in the tummy area. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2021
    Casadena said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Casadena said:

img
    sorry this pic is huge.  But this is the one i'm thinking.  Maybe not the one I would pick if I wasn't so worried about large nursing boobs, but I think it would be supportive, I could wear a bra if i wanted, and seems forgiving enough in the tummy area. 
    That's cute.  I also like the Kori

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Casadena said:
    mrsconn23 said:
    Casadena said:

img
    That's cute.  I also like the Kori

That one looks like it's more nursing friendly.   
    Will you be doing that on the day of or needing to pump?
  • Options
    @Casadena I was 2 months postpartum and a bridesmaid in a wedding. The bride picked the same dress for all the bridemaids and it was a struggle! Lol make sure if you are nursing you can easily unzip/ have access for pumping. Also see how easy/expensive alterations may be. I ended up spending as much in alterations as the dress cost because it had an intricate lace bodice.
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    @Casadena I was 2 months postpartum and a bridesmaid in a wedding. The bride picked the same dress for all the bridemaids and it was a struggle! Lol make sure if you are nursing you can easily unzip/ have access for pumping. Also see how easy/expensive alterations may be. I ended up spending as much in alterations as the dress cost because it had an intricate lace bodice.
    Yes!  And see if there are options that have a side zip or maybe even that allow the wrap to snap for easy boob access. 

I was never a BM after having Chiquito and the wrap dress was my best  friend while I nursed. 
  • Options
    @short+sassy does tour banker friend have PPP experience? My company has done some of the highest #s of PPP loans and given your experience with the last run you may want a company who knows how to complete them properly. The SBA website lists the banks doing the most PPPs so maybe you could find one that has experience closing the loans. 
    Oh, interesting!  I'm glad you asked.  I just looked it up.  I don't know if she personally has PPP experience (though I assume she does), but the bank she works for has done the most PPP loans for Louisiana.  They're a pretty large, multi-state bank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    There's a few org changes happening at work.  I won't be affected, but 2 people in my floor are being shuffled.  It just so happens one of their offices is right next to my boss and I really want to ask my boss if I can move in there (I'm currently in a cubicle).  Technically my title isn't as high as most people who have offices, but at the same time, most of my work is directly with our Sr Executives and I'm one of 3 people outside the executive team that is authorized to speak on behalf of the company.  So I may have a shot. It's so uncomfortable talking to external stakeholders when people are walking by constantly or come up and start talking because they can't see that i'm on the phone.  We'll see.  I don't want to sound like a vulture, but an office would really be awesome.  

It's sunny and relatively warm today (above freezing!) so I'm planning to go for a long walk this afternoon :)

I was in 2 weddings at about that time (my two best girlfriends from college just HAD to get married within 3 weeks of each other and 7-10 weeks after I gave birth ;) )

I just went 2 sizes up and figured I could do some combination of pinning and altering myself, since I have a sewing machine and a little knowledge. (2 sizes turned out to be barely enough, FML). You may just want to plan for alterations. But yeah, it's hard.
  • Options
    @banana468 SO! I actually saw commercial this morning about another company and called.
    If I buy out of my current contract, they have a $40 monthly fee to cover maintence and service - they also have 24/7 emerg services. So M & I are gonna look at how much it would look like if we paid off our contract with a loan instead of doing my other 2 loans {which is approx same amount}
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 which quilt kit did you get?
    @VarunaTT sorry about your friend, glad she is okay though. Sounds like you have a pretty stellar day planned for tomorrow.
    @Casadena I am team Wrap Dress for the rest of my life now. I bought one shortly before I fell pregnant and wore all the way through and bought a "Maternity" wrap dress while I was pregnant that I still wear now. They are the best.
    @MissKittyDanger sorry about your rough week

Not much going on here. The couple classes I taught were good. It is nice to know that I haven't forgotten everything but there are a couple things I will have to brush up on for sure. Saturday I am taking DS back to the same park we went to last week with our friends and then the "new" car into the dealership to get a couple noises looked at. It is still under the extended warranty for the next 2,300km so I am going to milk it for all that is it worth, lol.
  • Options
    Wait no heating emergency services?  I don’t even think that’s legal here! My furnace stopped working one day and I called around 7 pm when I got home and found out, expecting them to come the next morning.  They were there at 9 pm! I was so impressed but people told me they pretty much had to come at any time of the day.

sorry about your friend @VarunaTT, but other than that you have a fun day off lined up. I want a tattoo so bad.

glad your H’s results were normal @mrsconn23, hopefully it’s just stress that can eventually go away.

@Casadena those dresses are 🔥!  I love that color.

SSDD here.  I had to drag my feet to workout this morning.  My alarm went off but I felt so sleepy, so I tried to go back to sleep amd tell myself I’ll get back in the groove another day.  I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I ended up doing 45 min instead of my usual 60.  And now, in my head I’m a slacker. 

• Options
    I like that option too @mrsconn23!!  I probably wont' be nursing at all that day (even if kids are invited we wouldn't bring them and my parents live about 10 minutes away from the venue) but will need to pump.  The wedding is later in the day so hoping I will only have to pump once after i'm actually in the dress and would take the whole top down anyway.  

@Jstump2 I am so glad she's letting us pick our own!  Especially knowing my friend's style very well, it likely would have been very strappy or more revealing than i'd be comfortable with so soon after baby. 

I love the idea of a wrap dress but the couple they have on Azazie just really aren't my style/the top doesn't seem supportive enough to make the ease of undoing it worth it to me.
  • Options
    @Casadena if kiddo won't be with you then that may not be needed.  I am also VERY small chested (like I was impressed that I went all the way up to a C cup while expecting Chiquito and that was short-lived) so what you may need for support and coverage and what I need may not be the same.  At least by 2 mos, baby wasn't on me for the entire night.  We went to a family wedding at the 5 wk mark and Chiquito was an evening fusser so I basically sat in my chair with a cover on me and one boob out the entire evening until about 9 when he PTFO. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Today is my Friday.  I leave at 3:30 to go do one of my floats and I'm so looking forward to it.  My mind is so unsettled I'm really hoping my relaxation isn't ruined.

My BFF isn't coming down now.  She was in a car accident last night.  She is okay, but there's pretty severe damage to her vehicle and she's freaked out, understandably.

Tomorrow are my eyebrow/lash appointment, my new tattoo, and the new Billie Holiday movie.  A significant number of people have asked me to come out on Friday, but I'm really just not sure how I feel about anything right now.  Thank goodness I had therapy yesterday.
    Ok so when you talk about floats I have always picture floating in a river in a tube. Is that not it? Or do I need to be insanely jealous of how warm it is where you are?
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Today is my Friday.  I leave at 3:30 to go do one of my floats and I'm so looking forward to it.  My mind is so unsettled I'm really hoping my relaxation isn't ruined.

My BFF isn't coming down now.  She was in a car accident last night.  She is okay, but there's pretty severe damage to her vehicle and she's freaked out, understandably.

Tomorrow are my eyebrow/lash appointment, my new tattoo, and the new Billie Holiday movie.  A significant number of people have asked me to come out on Friday, but I'm really just not sure how I feel about anything right now.  Thank goodness I had therapy yesterday.
    Ok so when you talk about floats I have always picture floating in a river in a tube. Is that not it? Or do I need to be insanely jealous of how warm it is where you are?
    LOL!  I think V is referring to those float tanks where you are in warm sea salt water and it's all dark and you just...drift.  Sounds heavenly right now.  Hee.