Wedding Woes

Finally Friday!

I'm at 33% for the weekly report I'm running, so I'm starting the Friday thread early while I wait, lol.

What's going on for this weekend?  I need to get to the grocery store and Costco either today or tomorrow.  I left a message for my banker about the PPP loan, but haven't heard back from her.  I need to go to that bank anyway today, so I'll stop by her branch even though it's not as convenient.  I also used the "Find a Lender" match through the SBA, but no one has contacted me from that either.  Overall, not much going on and it should be a fairly quiet weekend.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Finally Friday!

• Yay for Friday!

No big plans for the weekend but there are a few things I want to get done.  It's supposed to be warm (high 30s) and sunny so I want to get out of the house.  We're planning a ride to the river on Saturday to eagle watch.  DH needs a haircut so I'll do that and there are still boxes/bins to unpack.  

Work has been good this week and at a slower pace so I can catch up on some things.

I found out that my freshman college roommate died earlier in the month.  Sounds like she had an infection (not Covid) that went septic.  We had stayed in contact lately through FB.  She took a FB break after the inauguration and I hadn't heard from her.  Someone from our college posted the obit.  Sad. 
  • MIL is visiting this weekend. I really hate when she's around while we're working. Luckily H took off on Monday, so it's just today. Tonight it's rainy and grey, so probably will just get take out and watch a movie with MIL. Tomorrow should be back to warmer weather, so we're going to do some yard stuff. We need to trim the crepe myrtles and clean up some of the leaves and stuff. It's too early to plant, but my bulbs are up and I want to clean up around them. Sunday is a family hike up in the mountains for my mom's birthday.

It's beginning to look like spring, and I'm so excited. 
  • Not too much here, slowish day at work and no real plans for the weekend. It’s bright and sunny today and I’m hoping I can get out for a walk before the weather turns. 

Other than that, not too much. Hanging with the baby, trying to avoid covid. 
  • I think we’re in the fake Spring.  The one to pysch us all up and BAM. Blizzards.  Blizzards all around. It was supposed to snow this weekend and my parents canceled their visit out here.  I have some stuff I need them to take out of my garage/house.  But then the forecast started to look excellent so I told them this would be the perfect weekend for getting that all done (we have to do it before the 19th, my Dad’s having rotator cuff surgery).  It’ll be great having them around but I also get irritated with anyone who spends the night and interferes how I run my house. I’m particular about how things are done in my house and they NEVER get it. Kwim?

so sorry about your friend @MNNEBride, that’s heartbreaking.
    We’re in fake spring too. I’m trying to not enjoy it too much because the blizzards are coming. Because they always do. 
  • Fake spring?  Blizzards?

I'm sorry it isn't safe for you all to travel.  I am declaring real Spring has hit the South.  It will be March on Monday.  The high today and tomorrow is 79 and the next 10 days are in the 70s and high 60s.

But then it is only about 6-8 weeks of that goodness before it starts getting too hot and humid.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in the office this morning on a bunch of calls.  Heading home around noon and will go for a long walk, then i have a zoom call with my best friends from grad school before I pick up the babe from school!  Should be a nice day.  

No plans for the weekend, probably trying to get a few things done around the house and spend as much time outside as we can. 
  • I have got to finish my work today so I'm not working this weekend and I can clean house.  At some point we may have MIL and FIL over for dinner as they're looking for a new car and have historically made hasty choices ignoring DH's advice.  
  • Here's a cute photo of BK because it's been a hellish week.

Katie on Instagram: “Little love 🥰”
  • Here's a cute photo of BK because it's been a hellish week.

Katie on Instagram: “Little love 🥰”
    So grown!

• @CharmedPam Right!? Like she's gonna be 3 in May *sob*

@Casadena She knows too. "Cheeee!"
  • Morning. HAPPY BIRTHDAY @VarunaTT!!!

My sister is waiting in a zoom courtroom right now to find out what's next for their case and ability to adopt foster nephew.  It's so nerve-wracking.  This case has had so many fits and starts.  Lil sis and BIL are so worn out and need something to go their way. Foster nephew needs permanence. 

DefConn's teacher called.  He's not in trouble, but she's noticed him getting more frustrated and less focused. I hope spring break will be a good reset. This 2nd semester has been so up and down, especially with the back to back quarantine and week we took to go to GMIL's funeral. 

I have to work this weekend.  DH is starting to click along on our reno project, which is making us both feel better.  FIL has been coming over to help DH, which is a mixed bag. He's helpful, but he's FIL. 

We're definitely experiencing fake spring.  I'm going with it.  We're going to grill at least one night this weekend.  I miss grilled meats.  LOL 

Even though I work tomorrow, I'm still happy it's Friday.  
  • @MNNEBride I’m so sorry for your loss

@mrsconn23 do you think DefCon’s new glasses have anything to do with the frustration? Maybe he’s getting fatigued earlier?

I took today off work to help FI and take care of things around the house. He’s doing a lot better, probably at 50% of his normal. He’s so freaked out by medical stuff it’s been hard. I think a newer resident intubated him because his poor throat is a mess. There’s cuts on his tonsil and his uvula which is not super normal for an intubation. Especially for someone with like the most ideal entry for an airway. We’re still attempting to go on our trip, it’s just going to be such a different trip than planned that I can’t help but be a little disappointed. I should just be happy we’re still going. But now I have to drive, FI can’t really have drinks, and he’s going to need minimal walking/adventuring, and there’s no BCBC possible for my birthday. Of course I’m happy he’s okay, and healing as well as could be expected, it’s just all a bummer. I’m hoping I get in a better headspace. 

Yesterday was super rough. PMDD was hitting me hard and I felt on the verge of crying all day. It’s definitely full fledged PMDD instead of PMS so now I’m trying to rationale out what I want to do with it. I went to get my nails done for the first time in forever and the color was 100% wrong to the one I picked. But I noticed when it was too late and I didn’t want to make the lady start them all over (gel). So I kind of hate them. I can’t complain about the service or how good they look.  Nothing this week has gone to plan. Ugh. 

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2021
    levioosa said:

@mrsconn23 do you think DefCon’s new glasses have anything to do with the frustration? Maybe he’s getting fatigued earlier?

We haven't gotten his glasses yet.  I'm caught between the two doctor's offices right now. 

I think 4th grade and turning 10 is just 'that time' for a lot of kids.  You're caught between childhood and growing up.  His awareness of the world has ratcheted up.  Schoolwork is getting more challenging at a faster pace.  So it's all the things.  
  • Office humor.

First, some background.  Although I work for a corporation, they are family-owned.  The current guard is the "old guard".  Children, now in their 60s-70s, of the founders.  But there are two grandchildren, both in their late 30s (I think), who have started taking more responsibility and overseeing projects.  As an aside, one of the founders was a college-educated female engineer back in the 1930s.  Even in 2021, engineering is a male-dominated industry, so I think that's pretty awesome.

One of the grandchildren has his cube in the same room I am in.  He was just exclaiming loudly about how much he hates the timesheets, lol.  He's across a large room from us, but both myself and my coworker were calling back our sympathy.  He calls back asking if the holiday is only 8 hours...(most people work an alternate schedule with 9 hour days M-TH)...is that how that works?  My coworker calls back, "Yeah, you have to take a 1 hour vacay or have worked an extra hour somewhere else that week."  I'm sure he does know that, but the dreaded "dangling hour" for timesheets that have a holiday in them is confusing, no matter how often it's been done.

Anyway, it was just funny and a little satisfying that the heir apparent has the same complaints and frustrations with the timesheet system that the rest of us do, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The kid and I do cookie booths tomorrow at the local tack shop.
    My parents get shot #2 today, so we're having a distanced gtg tomorrow, with actual visit in the near future. 

Its felt like a looong week.im pitching getting folks @ my work mental health first aid trained. Fingers crossed they pay yo train me!