Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

VarunaTTVarunaTT member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2021 in Wedding Woes
My birthday weekend was what I wanted.  I had my lashes/brows done (before/after pic attached) and got my new tattoo, which I love (I hope these aren't huge).  I stayed home the rest of the weekend to rest up to deal with work this week.  Nothing much else going on.

Re: Monday

• Options
    I love everything about both of those, @VarunaTT.  you must be pleased! 

Weekend was great. Super great weather (hello fools Spring, you can come any time!) and my parents came from Tennesse to visit so we cleaned out my garage and guest room.  You can now walk around in both of thise rooms. I am clutter free and it’s amazing!!! 

But seriously, how is it March already?

• Options
    It was a good, but exhausting weekend here. MIL is here, which just adds extra stress to everything. Saturday we spent some time in the yard. We got the crepes trimmed and also cleaned up a lot of sticks and leaves and stuff that had just accumulated over the winter. It turned out to be more of a project than I thought, so we were wiped out. Yesterday we went up to the mountains and did an awesome hike for my mom's birthday. It was back to this really cool waterfall on the mountain. Then we had beer and pretzels at this German place before driving home. I was showered and in bed by 9, but of course I got sucked into tv and still didn't go to sleep until 12. 

Nothing much else going on. It's my busy week at work, so I'm trying to drink enough coffee to get some things off my to-do list. 
  • Options
    Glad you had a nice weekend @VarunaTT

@CharmedPam good job on decluttering! I still need to do more of that, I have finished up my closet finally

Strange day here, I had a meeting on my calendar for a strategy session with my boss and our president which I didn't think much of until Friday when I realized it was added quickly and I've been given no context around it. Usually I have more of a headsup from my boss on that kind of stuff so I've found it odd. Right before the meeting she called and said her mom had a stroke and she had to rush her to the hospital so the meeting was cancelled. Fortunately her mom is doing OK and they're running tests to figure out what is going on.  I can't help but be curious about this meeting though bc I think it is not truly a "strategy session"
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, I'm glad you had a great birthday weekend!

@CharmedPam, yay clutter free!  I have no idea what that feels like, lol

We put the a/c on for the first time this weekend, since Oct.  I'm glad it is March.  In two more weeks, we set the clocks again to get more daylight hours.  So much better.

As usual for a Monday, I feel especially tired and sleepy, lol.  Not much happened this weekend, but I do have a new business endeavor.  A friend of mine recently started selling life insurance and is making a killing.  For that industry, the pandemic has been a double win.  Not only have more people been buying life insurance, but the presentations have gone almost totally online.  That last part is important because I can only do this part-time.  I bought a course on Friday (also online) that is a prerequisite for taking the state licensing exam.  I've given myself a deadline to finish it in 30 days, but I think I can complete it a lot faster than that.  It's only 13 chapters.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your browns look amazing @varunatt- micro blading? And I love the tattoo! Sounds like a fantastic weekend!! 

@mynameisnot is this the MIL that didn’t play with your niece she was watching a while back? 
  • Options

Weekend was fine. Exhausting but fine. The weather was warm so we tried to enjoy fake spring as long as it was here. H made plans to hang outside with friends in the early afternoon so he could help with evening/bed time. Well his friends didn’t get here until like 5:30 so right before dinner. He felt awful because he had thought they’d be over much earlier and be done in time for bed. 

The baby did not sleep last night. Like at all. He learned how to roll over and kick the crib slats so he did that from 2:30 to 4. H took over at 4 and I slept until 7. There’s not enough coffee in the world to make it through sleep training. 
  • Options
    Your browns look amazing @varunatt- micro blading? And I love the tattoo! Sounds like a fantastic weekend!! 

@mynameisnot is this the MIL that didn’t play with your niece she was watching a while back? 
    The same. I know I need to just let it go and quit complaining about her. H really does enjoy getting to spend time with her. 

It sounds like you need the coffee more than I do, though. I'm wishing you all the caffeine!
  • Options
    @VarunaTT both pictures look awesome!!  Glad you had a nice weekend. 

We hung out with the little man, played outside, and went on a bunch of walks this weekend.  Not much else, and it was great!
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happy belated @VarunaTT!

Just popping in to say hello. Still dealing with aalll the ish over here 😩
  • Options
    @VarunaTT your brows/lashes look great!

Weekend was really good :)

Friday we did grocery pickup, and BK was insisting on helping take bags. At one point she took 3 bags lol Ofc she got stuck but only briefly. M arranged the bags so BK could grab the easy bags right away and I didn't have to move around other bags.

Saturday we went to my mum's place. This was the first real visit since xmas, so BK was so happy :)
    BK had to poop, and was squatted away from us. My mum said she could tell she was pooping because of her eyes, so BK hid her face and refused to look at my mum! Like she even turned her whole body away lol We were cracking up, my mum is so bad with that lol

Sunday was good too. It was mild, so I sent M & BK out to play in the snow. I wanted to detail clean our couch, and it's no easy task.

Katie on Instagram: “Who doesn't love a good snow toss”

I went through BK's outdoor clothes.
    She needs rainboots this year but has raincoats and splash pants.
    She'll need a winter jacket next year, but has boots, snow pants and likely a full snow suit.
    I'm not tossing any hats/mitts unless they're obviously very small and/or don't stretch.I haven't tried any of her shoes yet, but her summer hat is too small.

I've been incredibly lucky for having people handing down kid stuff and BK is a slow grow so things last longer.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm kind of excited to buy her stuff soon lol
  • Options
    Omg @banana468 you had me laughing at Clinton administration. I 100% know what you’re talking about and I need to do that too!

@MissKittyDanger, BK sounds SO amusing. also laughed at that picture.

• Options
    @CharmedPam it's a video if you can watch
  • Options
    Omg @banana468 you had me laughing at Clinton administration. I 100% know what you’re talking about and I need to do that too!

I had to look at some of the bottoms and realized I wore them in COLLEGE.    It was time.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2021
    Afternoon.  

Weekend was all right.  I worked Saturday.  DH painted our bonus room.  Our friend came and helped him move my office couch out to the garage (we're selling it). DH may have pulled a muscle in his abdomen...I'm hoping he starts feeling better or I'll suggest he gets checked out for a hernia.  

I'm emotional AF today because I'm having ovulation cramping, and FB memories kicked my ass.  I know an avalanche of stuff from last year is coming, since it's been 10 months since mom passed and things were desperate as the pandemic kicked into high gear.  

I did watch a lot of stuff this weekend. Also, podcast rec "You're Wrong About".  It's an amazing revisit of modern history and the players.  It's so interesting to see how things become truth, just because it's said often enough.  

Anyway,

We watched the new Tom and Jerry movie (HBOMax).  DefConn loved it. It was...OK.  Not great, but tolerable. 

Canine Intervention (Netflix), it's a dog training show for aggressive dogs.  You can definitely tell it's produced to the hilt, but Jas is really good at explaining all his techniques and why they work. He's passionate about dogs.  DefConn loves dogs, so this is so his thing.  Also Jas is super cute, has an adorable wife, and they filmed the birth of his perfect tiny baby for the show, which is why I'm probably ovulating now.  LOL

Made You Look (Netflix), it's about a $80M art fraud case that happened at one NYC gallery back in the aughts, the fallout, and the scandal.  I watched it with a lot of snark, because art people are just sooo... extra and pearl-clutchy.  I was definitely Team 'No One'.  Ha. 

Oh and SNL was pretty funny.  The commercial about murder shows had DH and me rolling. He was all, "Did you and S (my local BFF) write this?!"  Hee. 

• Options
    banana468 said:

I had to look at some of the bottoms and realized I wore them in COLLEGE.    It was time.  
    I have a sweater I bought when I was 14.  I still love it though... I bought it at a local country fair.  I will probably just keep wearing it until it falls apart.
    Work was supposed to finally be less busy, but they decided to give me more to do for the month of March.  It shouldn't be as busy as it was for the past two months though.  I'm going to take a four day weekend to destress coming up.  I need to find some better ways to deal with stress though!  I hear exercise is the best way to go.  I noticed some pretty clear effects on my body the past two weeks due to the stress from work, so I have to nip that in the bud.