Wedding Woes
Options

Warm Wednesday!

2»

Re: Warm Wednesday!

• Options
    Actually @CharmedPam I lied, I would consider a Cunard trans-Atlantic cruise, mostly for the dancing but also for the history. 
  • Options
    We did a Danube cruise a few years ago. It was the only cruise other than Alaska that H will do. It was a lot of fun. We went east from Passau Germany to Sofia, Bulgaria. I would love to do the western part of the Danube at some point. Our trip to Italy that was postponed from last summer to this summer has been postponed again to next summer. Not really surprised. The travel company made the call so we aren't out any money. That's a good thing because we weren't really planning on going even if the trip went ahead as planned. Europe hasn't gotten the vaccine rolled out super well yet and last I heard are quite a bit behind us. Italy still has it's regional borders closed to travel within the country so there is that. 
  • Options
    We did a Danube cruise a few years ago. It was the only cruise other than Alaska that H will do. It was a lot of fun. We went east from Passau Germany to Sofia, Bulgaria. I would love to do the western part of the Danube at some point. Our trip to Italy that was postponed from last summer to this summer has been postponed again to next summer. Not really surprised. The travel company made the call so we aren't out any money. That's a good thing because we weren't really planning on going even if the trip went ahead as planned. Europe hasn't gotten the vaccine rolled out super well yet and last I heard are quite a bit behind us. Italy still has it's regional borders closed to travel within the country so there is that. 
    Doh!  The main places the cruise I'm taking in August goes to are in Italy.  I knew when I rebooked that there is a decent chance I would need to rebook it again.  I'm not worried for myself, I'll be fully vaccinated.  But it's within the realm of possibility I won't be allowed in one/some of the countries or that most of the attractions will be shut down.

I have until at least two weeks before departure to cancel and rebook.  So I'm still playing it by ear and hoping it works out.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Doh!  The main places the cruise I'm taking in August goes to are in Italy.  I knew when I rebooked that there is a decent chance I would need to rebook it again.  I'm not worried for myself, I'll be fully vaccinated.  But it's within the realm of possibility I won't be allowed in one/some of the countries or that most of the attractions will be shut down.

I have until at least two weeks before departure to cancel and rebook.  So I'm still playing it by ear and hoping it works out.  
    I'll be fully vaccinated too but the destination countries do have a lot to do with trips! Our trip was scheduled for the end of June so maybe by August things will have improved. The company just made a decision so that they could reschedule the trip for next year without incurring extra costs to those of us who have been hanging on for almost two years. I hope it works out for you - I miss Italy!
  • Options
    Hubby and I would like to do a Scandinavian cruise.  It would mean that we get to see FIL in Estonia but not have to stay in Estonia ... I've also done a "river cruise" on the Rhine that was amazing.  

• Options
    @missJeanLouise I like this also! Definitely a better price too
    There is nothing I am spending more that 1000$ on unless it is a heirloom piece, i.e nothing for a toddler because they destroy everything. 

I can't with cruises just because they are SO BAD for the environment, or at least have that reputation. They sound great but I just can't.
  • Options
    There is nothing I am spending more that 1000$ on unless it is a heirloom piece, i.e nothing for a toddler because they destroy everything. 
    I don't really like spending the money BUT it's a bed ... so I feel it's half investment because the ideal is it lasts {it wouldn't be toddler sized, we're looking at twin}
  • Options
    IKEA has a pretty low to the ground trundle bed for about $300. 
  • Options
    I don't really like spending the money BUT it's a bed ... so I feel it's half investment because the ideal is it lasts {it wouldn't be toddler sized, we're looking at twin}
    I would just put a box spring on the floor for now and call it a day.

I still don't trust my 5.5 year old with any furniture I haven't gotten already beat up from Craigslist. We have some heirloom beds with a more ornate headboard which might eventually go in her room, but right now I just don't trust her not to destroy it even just with all her bouncing around.
  • Options
    I would just put a box spring on the floor for now and call it a day.

I still don't trust my 5.5 year old with any furniture I haven't gotten already beat up from Craigslist. We have some heirloom beds with a more ornate headboard which might eventually go in her room, but right now I just don't trust her not to destroy it even just with all her bouncing around.
    We only have a crib bed so we have to get a new mattress for her.

We have narrowed it down to 3 and it may end up depend on what's the price like {sales, etc} when we actually purchase.
    {M prefers iKea and Sprout}

SLÄKT Bed frame w/pull-out bed + storage - white - IKEA

• Options
    I;d love to go on a Disney Cruise! I've heard they're insaneee in their customer service!