Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!

Finishing up some work due to today, trying to get a short workout in (maybe outside since it's chilly and sunny again!), and cleaning the house if work is slow this afternoon.  We're leaving for my parents right after lunch tomorrow and I am so excited!  My boss also told me not to take vacation next week, but I didn't need to do anything or be logged on as long as I was "available".  So essentially, a free week of vacation where I have to check the markets and my email a couple times a day....pretty sweet deal to me, i'd do that anyway!  

anyone else have big plans?

Re: FRIDAY!!

• No big plans for the weekend. Enjoy your week, @Casadena!  I am slowly making it through my stack of books. I finished one book yesterday and hope to finish another today. I really need to get these books out of my house! After I get the piles down, I need to finish the new baby's Christmas stocking.

Today is sunny so far - a little chilly but not bad. I just hung new spring wreaths on the doors. I ordered them from Amazon. They were pricey but I've ordered from this company before and liked the quality. They did not disappoint. 
  • As of tomorrow, my mum officially qualifies for Astra Zenica :) My mum's 60th bday is tomorrow lol
    M is dropping me at her place early, and then she and I are spending time together and doing dinner. M & BK are gonna come over after for cake :) I'm not sold BK will eat any but we'll see lol

M's pants ripped by his back pocket, so on Sunday we'll be stopping at Old Navy for pants for him.
    I'm hoping to find 2T pj's on sale for BK and I saw an AC/DC tshirt I'm half hoping to find for BK - M loves the band and they've been easiest band tee to find for her lol

I also sorted through BK's pants - lots of next size up. I'll have to check her long sleeves as we wear more tshirts. I may end up buying some 3T anyways, because she was more 2T near end of the season .... idk.
    I'm so confused on how to purchase her clothes when she basically runs an entire size smaller. I like extras in case she hits a growth spurt.

We've been so lucky with hand me downs I'm just stuck. Lol

HELP
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    That’s awesome @Casadena.  You have a great boss! bank those days for vacation you’re not near your computer, I say!

SSDD for me. Not sure if my friends are zooming tonight. I started Ginny & Georgia today.  It seems ok.  It’s compared to Gilmore Girls of the decade, but I don’t think it’s going to be as successful as the Gilmore Girls.  Georgia (New Loreali) is to annoying to resonate with. I feel like the writers tried to hard to be GG.

I’m not getting anywhere with my United IUD claim from last year, so I’m taking to company participation now.  😡 i emailed my doctor for the reimbursement (United told me to), put in a dispute to them myself, and they only covered $38 of it. 
    Edit words

• Yay for Friday!  I'm watching the birds at the bird feeder attached to my home office window.  We have lots of house finches, chickadees and a pair of cardinals.  So fun.

@Casadena - Yay for a vacay without taking vacay!

It's been kind of a slow week at work.  My co-worker unfairly threw me under the bus in an email to a customer earlier this week and that has left me feeling salty.  

Had a plumber come to install a water softener on Tuesday.  Only to find out the softener we purchased won't work in our space.  We need to return it to the big box store where we purchased - which means coordinating with my brother who has a pick up.  Plumber is coming again next week with a system that will fit.  

Had my second vaccine on Tues afternoon.  Feeling fine, nothing like the extreme fatigue and headache after the first dose.  DH has his second on Monday after work.

No big plans for the weekend.  Saturday is supposed to be gorgeous.  May have snow Sunday night.
  • Enjoy your vacation @Casadena!

I love a pretty spring wreath @ILoveBeachMusic I wish I could have one here without it getting completely ruined in no time by the sun and sand.

DH and I took DS to the Warner Brothers theme park today. DS is still too little to do most of the stuff, plus some stuff was closed for covid but we still had fun. DS loved the food, bubbles, and the characters but was not a fan of the rides, lol.

Tomorrow is my birthday but we have pretty much celebrated it to exhaustion .
  • ei34ei34 member
    Sorry about the coworker @MNNEBride and happy birthday @missJeanLouise

No big weekend plans here 
  • I had a bit of excitement this morning. Apparently one of our neighbors from around the corner had their dog escape this morning. I figured it out when my dog started losing her mind at the random dog running around our and our neighbors' front yards. I didn't want to go outside and add to the drama, but I got to sip my coffee and watch this man chase a labradoodle around my front yard. 

No big plans for the weekend. It's absolutely perfect weather, so we'll grill tonight and probably eat on the deck. Tomorrow we have chores and then we're going to go see my parents in the afternoon. Probably a hike on Sunday. 

Happy birthday @missJeanLouise!

That's awesome @Casadena! "On call" working is the best.

• This was the original flooring. So ugly. 

This is the room after I pulled up the laminate. Can you imagine this whole room with that floor?!
  • mrsconn23 said:

This was the original flooring. So ugly. 

This is the room after I pulled up the laminate. Can you imagine this whole room with that floor?!
    It’s going to look amazing! Once done, I want to be the first one to welcome you to 2021 (I’m allowed to say that, just leaving the 90’s myself!)

@levioosa, so sorry you had that experience.  FX you’ll be just fine. Ugh!

• I'm excited for all of you getting vaccinated!  One month from today I can sign up and I just watched a video released by Pfizer and National Geographic on their vaccine development.  It's great and very informative cutting through a lot of the media BS. 

Tonight is pizza and I have to get started on MIL's birthday dinner.  I have bread to start and tomorrow morning I need to make a cake.   Dinner tomorrow night is individual beef wellington and I have to get stuff started so Saturday isn't too insane.  

• I’m sorry @levioosa that’s awful. I’ve been there and it really sucks. 
  • @levioosa that's rough :( fx things don't go that route
  • I may have just told my boss we’re taking the easy way out on diversity & inclusion issues. Really hope there isn’t some blowback there. But an interesting way to end the week. 
  • mrsconn23 said:

This was the original flooring. So ugly. 

It’s going to look amazing! Once done, I want to be the first one to welcome you to 2021 (I’m allowed to say that, just leaving the 90’s myself!)

@levioosa, so sorry you had that experience.  FX you’ll be just fine. Ugh!
    Our house was built in '78.  LOL 
  • ei34ei34 member
    *hugs* @levioosa how awful, I’m sorry you had to go through that 
  • My life has been a wreck for a solid two weeks, but I got some relief yesterday afternoon.  I can't really go into details; a very large burden has been mostly lifted, though it's going to take some time to really heal from this. I'm hoping to rest and recover this weekend and be able to get myself back on track.  I'd been doing so much better and was really feeling more healthy and back in control of my life, and feeling good about how I was handling things as a single person.  Suffice to say, I've had some mental health setbacks now.  Even my therapist said I needed a break and that we wouldn't be ending therapy in the spring at this point.

I have to come into work tomorrow b/c we're working on getting a new program, whoot!  A lot of stress will disappear when we get this online and I cannot wait.  But it is going to be a helluva hard journey; boss wants it rolled out by June.  I'm also going to take myself to the local art museum on Sunday, just for my own enjoyment.  Otherwise, no really big plans.

• Thinking of you @VarunaTT!!  You know where to find me if you need anything at all. 
  • @mrsconn23 I would've thought the 60's. I remember a friend's mom getting sheet vinyl flooring in their house in the late 60s when it was "fancy". The pattern was similar - from what I can remember. Of course, I'm sure people in 40 years will hate the flooring we are putting in today.