Wedding Woes

Monday. Probably.

It was dark when I woke up this morning which is another reminder of how much I dislike Daylight Savings. I want more light hours in the morning, not the evening. 

Weekend was good. Got in a long run outside on Saturday. It was cold, but so sunny. We also walked to get ice cream even though it was like 30 degrees. 

How was everyone’s weekend? 
levioosabanana468

Re: Monday. Probably.

• Weekend was good. FSIL and her FI came over for an early St. Patrick’s Day since we can’t celebrate on a work night. We all went ring shopping for our bands (except for me because I already have mine) and we ordered FI’s band. So that was exciting. I’m a little tired today but it was worth it. It’s our anniversary next week. 

charlotte989875MyNameIsNotshort+sassyei34
  • Morning-ish.  DH would rather have the time in the evening vs. the morning.  I think the answer is working 10a-4p every day and calling it good.  LOL 

We're getting the remnants of the snowstorm that hit CO.  It's windy and cold out.  No snow, just nasty freezing rain. 

DefConn is feeling a little under the weather today (headache, fatigue, said he had chills, but no fever or other issues that he's complained about).  Off to get a COVID test in a few here, since it needs to be ruled out before anything else.  Fingers crossed for no COVID and that he feels better ASAP. 

Saturday, dad and FIL came over to help DH install floors.  I made all the food for them.  I did sneak out to my fave boutique to shop their sale day.  I got shorts, two tops, and some sandals for under $100.

Sunday, I went to brunch with my sisters.  I spent the rest of the afternoon sleeping on the couch and watching Friends reruns.  DH and FIL finished the floors.  

I can't wait to get all the finishes done (trim, transitions, stair noses), but it's such a nice change from crappy carpet.  
    charlotte989875short+sassymissJeanLouise
  • @charlotte989875 it was light when my alarm went off at 6:45am, how early are you up?

Weekend was good.
    Saturday -
    It was my mum's bday. M dropped me off at her place. He and BK stayed a bit, but obv had to leave for BK's nap time.
    My mum and I hit thrift stores, and a couple other stores and then dinner. It was good.
    She's 60, so I kept asking about their discounts for her.
    I spent a lot of time walking the fine line of her ready to threaten to send me into next week ;) It's amusing.

I got a photo of the 3 of us :)

Katie on Instagram: “3 generations and the oldest birthday 🥰”

Sunday -
    M ripped his pants, so we had to get an extra pair from Old Navy. I got BK pj's and an ac/dc tshirt.
    Then M got LUCKY A.F and managed to get a PS5!
    We were at EB Games {Game Stop for you Americans} and M joked that there was no chance they had one in the back. One said no, but other person said "Well .... if you're ready to pay now, we do."
    Cue M's jaw on floor.
    Apparently someone had returned it. Not broken or anything.

Time change fucked BK up a bit for nap, and unfortunately it meant it was a shorter nap but she was ready for bed easier.
    short+sassy
  • It was 19 degrees this morning and still is only in the mid 20s.

Chiquita was supposed to take the bus this morning and the stop time at our house is 7:52.  At 7:44 we walked outside to see a bus drive by and not stop.  After 15 minutes and a few phone calls, we determined that it WAS our bus which clearly started the route 10 minutes earlier than the published time.  I did complain but what's done was done and I drove her to school.  Then in the frenzy I forgot to pack Chiquito's lunch so I just packed and dropped that off at school so HE wasn't going to be stuck as the picky kid eating a school lunch he hates.  

DH went, "Well you didn't tell me to check."  No shit dude.  I was running around trying to make up for the time I lost.  Next time be the 41 year old that you are and double check the lunch bag PLEASE if it's a day that we all feel behind.   When his lunch doesn't get packed it's my fault and when DH doesn't check it's my fault for not telling him.  We made him together - unzip the damn thing when you know I was running around.    Love that man but ohh boy.

Weekend was good.  We hosted MIL, FIL and my uncle for MIL's birthday.   She LOVED dinner (individual beef Wellingtons) and dessert (Ina's chocolate cake).  We also had shrimp cocktail and Boursin melted over fresh bread I made.  Now I'm in prep mode for Wednesday.  I made two corned beefs the way my aunt did.   She boils for 3+ hours until they are tender and then bakes for 45 min in an oven with brown sugar.   I also made a salted caramel that will go in the buttercream frosting that will go on the Guinness chocolate cupcakes. 

Cupcakes need to be made tomorrow.  Wednesday it's two kinds of mashed potatoes (Colcannon and regular for my POS family members that won't eat cabbage).  DH found shamrock ravioli at Costco too - and LOTS OF IRISH CHEESE. 

I'm hoping the workload this week isn't too nutty so I can manage the food prep plus laundry and not lose my mind. 
    charlotte989875short+sassyei34VarunaTT
  • So cute @MissKittyDanger.  BK is full of sass and I love it!

MissKittyDanger
  • Had a nice relaxing weekend. Friday I stayed in and ordered sushi and got caught up on my shows. 
    Saturday I did a massive spring cleaning and everything is so organized and clean. I love it. Also got my taxes done. 

Sunday I ran some errands and took the dog for a long walk. 
    short+sassycharlotte989875ei34kvruns
  • @CharmedPam omg the diva 'tude is starting lmao! She wanted to sleep over and kept asking my mum to lie in bed with her {like they do when it's bed time} so that was fun trying to leave.
    Luckily next weekend she is sleeping over, so that got her going lol
    Also tbh rare time she didn't want her photo taken. She was eating an ice cream on a stick lol
  • We had a nice weekend. The weather was great. Friday we grilled out and just hung out on the deck until bed time. Saturday we had a puppy play date with my fur-niece. Sunday was errands and then I sat outside and read most of the afternoon. We're supposed to get a ton of rain this week, so I was enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. 

Time change was surprisingly easy for us this year. Usually the first Monday after spring is rough. I really don't have a preference between standard and daylight savings, but I really wish we could just stop changing the clock. Just pick a time and stick with it. 
    short+sassycharlotte989875
  • I love DST because I'm more productive when it is light later in the evening. When it is dark, I just want to go to bed. I'm a morning person, so it doesn't matter if it is dark or not. I got some cleaning done this weekend, read a couple of books and did a little Italian studies. Pretty low key. We had sushi Saturday night and H fixed meatloaf last night. Since he has retired he does most of the cooking and grocery shopping. I figure that is fair since I do the cleaning and laundry.

I'm going back up to Chicago this weekend - I miss the boys too much to wait until Easter LOL! DD is doing well so looks like the baby is staying put for a while. Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend at her house for drinks. The crazy cold weather we are having today is suppose to be gone. She is really upset. Her son is getting married (had to be postponed twice from last year), and they have had to cut the numbers due to Covid restrictions. They have only allowed her 10 friends (I'm assuming not including family). We didn't make the cut because H in all likelihood wouldn't be able to go.  Her son and FDIL said no single attendees. I told her we totally understand. Times are stressful for wedding planning. We know all this because we had received an invite and updates to the original wedding and the original postponed one plus the second postponed one before the numbers were changed. I'm so glad I wasn't planning a wedding during all this. My heart goes out to all that are doing so.
    short+sassycharlotte989875
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    Yassss!  I was supposed to go to MS tomorrow for my second COVID shot.  But, now that Louisiana has opened it up to people with medical conditions, I was able to score a second Moderna shot at a pharmacy that is walking distance to my house.  Also for tomorrow.  I took the chance and cancelled my MS shot.  Overall, it's been fairly easy to schedule vaccination shots (especially the second one) in MS, jic things go awry tomorrow.  It would be great if I don't have to make that drive again.

My H is a smoker and he is scheduled to get his first shot on March 25th.  NOLA's convention center is doing mass vaccinations a few days a week.  It was amazing to see the plethora of slots that were open.  My H could have even scheduled it sooner than that, but he recently got his second shingles vaccination shot and he needs to wait at least two weeks before getting the COVID vaccine.

Now for the local sad news.  Drew Brees (QB for the Saints) has retired.  He is one of the GOATs and I'm skeered for next season!  Oh well.

Edited for words.  Yeesh!  My COVID vaccine is MODERNA, not Morena (the IUD)., which apparently is spelled with an "i" and not an "o" anyway.  Such a good thing I don't work in the medical field, lmao.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    MissKittyDangerkvrunsmrsconn23
  • @charlotte989875 I feel you on the DST.  I really hate getting up when it's dark and the whole thing just seems so unnecessary. 
    charlotte989875
  • I'm actually digging the up in the dark part for a few weeks because it may mean DS doesn't get up so early to play Roblox!
  • ei34 said:
    All of that food sounds delicious @banana468

I don’t like the DST changes either- I’m up around 5 and don’t care for pitch black the first hour + I’m up.  Plus the kids go to bed at 7-7:30 and try to bargain when it’s still super bright out. 

Sis and 8-month-old nephew tested positive for Covid over the weekend.  My fn BILs family has been careless the whole time and sis and BIL have done a good enough time of distancing from them, wearing masks...sis and BIL have both received both shots so agreed to a brief unmasked visit with sis’s MIL last week.  All for her to tell them on Friday that they’re all positive.  Sis feels fine and the baby doesn’t have any symptoms but my family and I are still shaken up. 
    I'm surprised with all the hate for DST, lol.  I LOVE it!  More daylight later.  But being further south than a lot of you all, I have the advantage of the sun is already coming up by 7AM and I leave for work at 6:40ish am.  In another 1-2 months, it will be daylight the whole time 

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and nephew!  I hope they continue to feel fine and not have any ill effects.  I hope all her ILs that contracted it are also okay.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    ei34
  • Ugh that sucks @ei34 I'm glad they are feeling OK though.  has sis only had 1 shot? Or did she have both but still caught it? 
  • I'm tired and grumpy. I've been feeling this way for a few days and DST when I couldn't get to sleep + the dog snoring like crazy and making it so I couldn't get to sleep and I'm just extra pissy today. 

Been busting my butt doing a bunch of behind the scenes stuff for a webinar we are having and I'm annoyed but it all. I do all of the hard work while the others get the glory, but then after it's over I'll also be the one answering all the questions about it too. 
    charlotte989875
  • @VarunaTT come east!  The food is good and you'll hear ALL about the latest in virtual world video gaming from a 6 yo.  

VarunaTT
  • DST can go to hell. 

MissKittyDangercharlotte989875MyNameIsNotJen4948
  • ei34 said:
    All of that food sounds delicious @banana468

I don’t like the DST changes either- I’m up around 5 and don’t care for pitch black the first hour + I’m up.  Plus the kids go to bed at 7-7:30 and try to bargain when it’s still super bright out. 

Sis and 8-month-old nephew tested positive for Covid over the weekend.  My fn BILs family has been careless the whole time and sis and BIL have done a good enough time of distancing from them, wearing masks...sis and BIL have both received both shots so agreed to a brief unmasked visit with sis’s MIL last week.  All for her to tell them on Friday that they’re all positive.  Sis feels fine and the baby doesn’t have any symptoms but my family and I are still shaken up. 

Damn, that’s awful! Did they just finish their vaccine series, or were they the small portion of the population that got it even though they were vaccinated? 

How’s your sis doing? I’m sure she feels bad- that’s my worst nightmare now is that we’ve kept the baby safe this long and we’re so close that we get sick now. 
  • @ei34 yikes :( It's possible they caught it before 2nd dose, I've heard of that.
    But M was doing some research on idk which.

Apparently you can still catch it but it reduces reaction

Like you'll get mild symptoms.
  • @ei34 yikes :( It's possible they caught it before 2nd dose, I've heard of that.
    But M was doing some research on idk which.

Apparently you can still catch it but it reduces reaction

Like you'll get mild symptoms.
    No vaccine is 100% effective so they could have gotten even though vaccinated but I've heard of people who caught it before the 2nd dose (or shortly after the 2nd dose) too. It does cut down on the severity of the disease which is a huge advantage of being vaccinated.
    short+sassy
  • ei34ei34 member
    Sis and BIL had their second vaccine shots in early February.  He tested negative and she tested positive, and it was him and the baby who spent around 30min unmasked around his family, my sister was at work.  So it’s all very confusing.  None of his ILs are vaccinated and think masking is a joke so they’re definitely the problem here.  Sis is extra mad because he’s been defending his family a bit which is mind blowing.  But again, thankfully, sis feels fine and the baby isn’t displaying symptoms or acting/eating/sleeping differently.
  • ei34 said:
    Sis and BIL had their second vaccine shots in early February.  He tested negative and she tested positive, and it was him and the baby who spent around 30min unmasked around his family, my sister was at work.  So it’s all very confusing.  None of his ILs are vaccinated and think masking is a joke so they’re definitely the problem here.  Sis is extra mad because he’s been defending his family a bit which is mind blowing.  But again, thankfully, sis feels fine and the baby isn’t displaying symptoms or acting/eating/sleeping differently.
    So did they all get tested because her H's family all tested positive? That is extremely frustrating after they have been so diligent. Hopefully she will continue to feel fine as will the baby and your BIL will remain negative. I've heard of that happening in more that one case too.

• ei34ei34 member
    ei34 said:
    So did they all get tested because her H's family all tested positive? That is extremely frustrating after they have been so diligent. Hopefully she will continue to feel fine as will the baby and your BIL will remain negative. I've heard of that happening in more that one case too.

BIL and the baby got tested bc they were direct contacts.  BIL was negative but when my nephew was positive, sis got tested and was found positive.  Definitely frustrating!
    charlotte989875ILoveBeachMusic
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    DST can be annoying. No stimulus or vaccinations yet (I'm on a waitlist but that's it).

Nice day on Saturday. It was very heavily scheduled for me: I had a part in my synagogue services on Saturday and then was in two performances of Julius Caesar, all on Zoom (ides of March!) Sunday was more restful but the weather sucked. Gonna suck tomorrow too.

@ei34, sorry to hear about your sister and nephew testing positive.
    charlotte989875short+sassylevioosaei34