Wedding Woes

It’s Friday!

CharmedPamCharmedPam member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2021 in Wedding Woes
Friyay and gorgeous out! I’m working from home!  Yesterday I cut my cable, and I think the only thing I’m truly going to miss is my local morning news. It’s all streaming now.  I was paying $42/month in TV and broadcasting fees alone.  $14.95 was a local sports broadcast fee - and I don’t watch sports! 

Also finished my diningroom redo.  Before & after.  M reupholstered my bar stools to match my kitchenaid cover, and it may not have been his choice, but it’s totally me! I also pulled my cigar and martini theme over from my artwork to my liquor cabinet and love the decals. 

Re: It’s Friday!

• Have you looked at the digital rabbit ears? H bought one for around $20 and connected to one of our tvs. It's not great, but it's good enough to connect to the local broadcast channels and gives us a backup if we lose internet. 

Yay for Friday. I'm so tired and ready for the weekend. No big plans, but we've got to get this grass cut, and I'm going too catch up on sleep. 
  • Yay for Friday!  

@CharmedPam - Great look!

It's been a long week.  I'm ending a 2-week training I facilitate and will be glad to take a break from that for a couple of weeks and then we start up again.  

Sunday we are getting together with Mom, Brother and Nephew for brother's birthday.  We have been together with Mom & Brother separately but not Nephew.  He's a senior in HS and we're not sure how much social distancing he's been doing.  We'll keep our distance and do elbow bumps instead of hugs.  

Tonight we are going out to a restaurant for Fish Fry.  Then to look for a new couch.

Saturday we may take a drive to the water to look for eagles.  The ice is breaking up on the  lake and the eagle sit on the ice floats and watch for fish.  A couple of years ago, we stopped counting at 100 of them and even saw a golden eagle.  

• Thanks for that, @MyNameIsNot.  These?

Digital TV Antenna - Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna for Smart TV (Support All TV) Long Range-with Detachable Coax Cable & Built-in Amplifier-Free TV Always. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HWD2N9W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_CPF3W4D7WVB3FM9HC81B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

so weird to not have cable on in the background while I’m home today.

• Yep, just like that! I'd totally forgotten that you can just get free broadcast tv until we cut cable. 
  • @CharmedPam I love barstools. Idk why lol

So 10yrs ago today M & I met
    Like wtf lol

Anyways, tomorrow M donates blood and BK is going to my mum's for the night.
    M & I are picking up fancy donuts and asking about sesame allergies for BK so she could potentially enjoy them.

It's gonna be nice going forward, so we might be almost able to retire BK's winter coat. Which thankfully is end of season because that coat is getting short lol 

Also not that we're really looking, but this house! :)

For sale: 117 PENFIELD DRIVE, Ottawa, Ontario K2K1M4 - 1230323 | REALTOR.ca

10min drive from our current house and the elementary school is literally across the street.
    Urg .... just so much love it.
  • I am still SO TIRED even though I had no alcohol and drank herbal tea as the only beverage before bed.  

I'm trying to use the day as good catch up for work. 

We are cord cutters too!  We have an antenna that gets an OK reception for some live stuff and it's usually NASCAR races we find ourselves watching.  Other TV  for us is through HBO Max (free w/ our AT&T wireless), Netflix, and Disney Plus.  There was a bit of withdrawal and now I don't miss it.  

I find that it absolutely helps to curb the news watching and other TV that is on for the sake of noise. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    Last night was bowling with the scouts.  The kids always have fun, but it's a shitshow as someone 'in charge' because the kids are always wild nutjobs. 

DefConn had the whole puberty assembly yesterday.  He's so friggin' funny.  He deadpans, "I'm emotionally scarred by that video. Especially the animated growing ding dong part." 

Tonight, we're returning some flooring we didn'tuse and picking up our transitions and stair covers. Tomorrow, DH (and FIL?) are going to finish up the baseboards and flooring. Sunday, I think we're going furniture and decor shopping and then I think we may just enjoy our new living room.  Or maybe we'll start on one of the many smaller projects have to do. 

I'm so glad this week is almost over.  It's been a long one. 
    I AM DYING!!!
  • @CharmedPam, I remember when you bought those paintings!  I liked them so much, I signed up to be on that website's mailing list because I liked a lot of the artwork they have.  Those seat covers are great!

I have a wonderfully mellow day, today.  Work has been so slow, I might actually get out on time (11am), for once, lol.  Plus, I don't have any errands I'm running or mystery shops to do.  Which is also unusual for a Friday.

I started off the morning with a free breakfast honey chicken biscuit from Wendy's!  For any of you all that have their app, it's a promo they are running through tomorrow.  They even let me substitute a croissant for the biscuit, for no additional charge.  I know it's very "un-Southern", but I don't like biscuits.  I can eat them if I have to, but find them too heavy/dense.

I recently bought a Sam's club membership again through a Groupon, but haven't followed through to the Sam's website to set it up.  I want to do that today and then place a pick-up order. 

Subjects of travel!  My H should be fully vaccinated (plus the two weeks after) by mid May.  I am already chomping at the bit to go somewhere!  We want to go to both NYC (for fun) and to CA (to visit family).  My mom and I already fully vaccinated and her H will be around the same time my husband is.

Oooohhhh (sigh).  I just looked it up.  CA currently requires out-of-state people to quarantine.   I'll keep my eye on it.  NY currently does also but, unless it changes, they are lifting that on April 1st for domestic travelers.  We were torn on where to go first and when.  But state rules might make that decision for us, lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam, I remember when you bought those paintings!  I liked them so much, I signed up to be on that website's mailing list because I liked a lot of the artwork they have.  Those seat covers are great!

I have a wonderfully mellow day, today.  Work has been so slow, I might actually get out on time (11am), for once, lol.  Plus, I don't have any errands I'm running or mystery shops to do.  Which is also unusual for a Friday.

I started off the morning with a free breakfast honey chicken biscuit from Wendy's!  For any of you all that have their app, it's a promo they are running through tomorrow.  They even let me substitute a croissant for the biscuit, for no additional charge.  I know it's very "un-Southern", but I don't like biscuits.  I can eat them if I have to, but find them too heavy/dense.

I recently bought a Sam's club membership again through a Groupon, but haven't followed through to the Sam's website to set it up.  I want to do that today and then place a pick-up order. 

Subjects of travel!  My H should be fully vaccinated (plus the two weeks after) by mid May.  I am already chomping at the bit to go somewhere!  We want to go to both NYC (for fun) and to CA (to visit family).  My mom and I already fully vaccinated and her H will be around the same time my husband is.

Oooohhhh (sigh).  I just looked it up.  CA currently requires out-of-state people to quarantine.   I'll keep my eye on it.  NY currently does also but, unless it changes, they are lifting that on April 1st for domestic travelers.  We were torn on where to go first and when.  But state rules might make that decision for us, lol!
    Ummm don’t forget our girls trip to Atlanta for a Molly & Cynthia bra fitting lol! not even kidding.  I need a fitting like woah. But I live in Illinois and we’re sucking at this vaccine roll out.

• ei34ei34 member
    They look great @CharmedPam!
    Happy Friday everyone!  I’m currently preferring mondays to Friday’s bc at least I’m out of the house and away from soon-to-be-exH.  I wish I worked seven days a week.  But I know that’ll pass and I’ll go back to enjoying being home again. But, happy Friday to everyone normal 😝

Today’s St. Joseph’s Day and I’m definitely indulging in some San Giuseppe zeppole later.
  • I'm 48 hours post vaccine and no issues. Arm is still a little sore but not bad at all, yesterday was a lot more sore but still very manageable. i've had many friends in my same age bracket feel really bad after the 2nd shot so I was pleasantly surprised. 

B and I are traveling to FL to visit my parents and grandparents since I am fully vaccinated and they are all too. It was a last minute decision but with my grandparents in their 90s I feel like I need to go when I am able even if traveling with this age bracket sucks. I sometimes laugh when I think about how scared/nervous I was flying with him when he was 3 months old and looking back that was by far the easiest travel I've ever had with him!

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    TGIF!

It's been a long, weird week. I shopped for Passover yesterday and for the first time I'm actually looking forward to cooking for the holiday. I enjoy the holiday, but actually preparing the food is not usually a high point for me.

Busy week at work. I was up late last night (I work remotely) getting a series of articles ready for publication on my company's website. They involve listening to old podcasts and writing up the articles. Some of the people talking speak much faster than I can type. And other articles were due as well.

I'm on a waiting list for vaccination but who knows when that will happen.

I need a nap. Zzzzz.

• Oooohhhh (sigh).  I just looked it up.  CA currently requires out-of-state people to quarantine.   I'll keep my eye on it.  NY currently does also but, unless it changes, they are lifting that on April 1st for domestic travelers.  We were torn on where to go first and when.  But state rules might make that decision for us, lol!
    Ummm don’t forget our girls trip to Atlanta for a Molly & Cynthia bra fitting lol! not even kidding.  I need a fitting like woah. But I live in Illinois and we’re sucking at this vaccine roll out.
    Absolutely!  I am so on for that, too!  For me, that is even a little easier planning-wise.  I might drive my way there, since we want to swoop down to Savannah also.  But flights are also plentiful and cheap.  Thank you Atlanta, aka Delta hub.

I just checked if Georgia has any out-of-state quarantine restrictions.  I almost didn't bother because of course they don't, lol.  But I won't pick on GA.  30 other states don't, including Louisiana.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34 said:
    Happy Friday everyone!  I’m currently preferring mondays to Friday’s bc at least I’m out of the house and away from soon-to-be-exH.  I wish I worked seven days a week.  But I know that’ll pass and I’ll go back to enjoying being home again. But, happy Friday to everyone normal 😝

Today’s St. Joseph’s Day and I’m definitely indulging in some San Giuseppe zeppole later.
    That sounds lovely!! 

How’s your sister and the baby doing?
  • ei34ei34 member
    ei34 said:

That sounds lovely!! 

How’s your sister and the baby doing?
    They’re both feeling totally fine, thankfully.  I did a drive by /wave through the window for her birthday yesterday, sweetie boy was giggling the whole time 💕
  • So glad it’s Friday! I ended up having an allergy attack this morning and had to sleep for an hour during work. Thankfully no one cares. 

Tonight is niece’s birthday party. I can’t believe she’s 4. It’s just our family & my sister- sisters family all has both doses. It’s so nice we should be able to be outside. I’m so ready for spring weather so we can get together. Also for us all to be fully vaccinated!
  • @ei34, I'm sorry that being home sucks. If you don't mind me prying, are one of you trying to move out soon, or are you stuck together for a while? 
  • Also, a slight funny.  In one of the Prudie threads yesterday the question came up about clingy children.

This morning Chiquito asked to work out with me while I did my "core" portion of today's exercise.  He got in next to me on the yoga mat and did his crunches with me.   It was super cute and when we finished I asked if he wanted to take a picture (because he's been a selfie lover al the time).  His response was, "Why? "   The cute kid who smiles for a camera next to his mom is too cool for that now. 
  • banana468 said:
    Also, a slight funny.  In one of the Prudie threads yesterday the question came up about clingy children.

This morning Chiquito asked to work out with me while I did my "core" portion of today's exercise.  He got in next to me on the yoga mat and did his crunches with me.   It was super cute and when we finished I asked if he wanted to take a picture (because he's been a selfie lover al the time).  His response was, "Why? "   The cute kid who smiles for a camera next to his mom is too cool for that now. 
    Because selfie or it never happened!

I’m drooling over those donuts, @banana468.  Literally.  I’m usually a Boston Creme kinda gal, but for this selection, Bailey’s gets my vote.

• @banana468 I am definitely hoping to get up to Mystic to go to the aquarium and if we do I will check them out. 🙂 

DH and I took DS to get some new clothes this morning and a B-day present for our friends daughter's party tomorrow. I took longer than I hoped and we didn't make it to the toy store so I hope they aren't disappointed with the little outfit I am giving her. I know they won't be but it just doesn't feel like much. 
    B-Day party in the park tomorrow, hopefully followed by some down time with DH. 
    Then back to work Sunday. 
  • @missJeanLouise they're in the village next to the Aquarium so you should be set.  They only do donuts on weekends but I'm stoked for them. 

• Also, their Harry Potter donuts last weekend were AWESOME.
  • ei34ei34 member
    @MyNameIsNot H is looking into places to move to soon-ish
  • @ei34 how are the kids doing with all of it? Are you guys co-parenting well {ish?}
  • Ye, your Friday is so cool! But not my...
    I'm getting ready for my first show. I am a beginner DJ. 
    Guys, can you please tell me how you deal with the emotions? I've been thinking about next Friday's performance for a week now and can't concentrate normally. I tried to meditate - it doesn't help. Did chores around the house - it doesn't help. Music helps a little. But the excitement still remains. 
    How to overcome it?
  • Ye, your Friday is so cool! But not my...
    I'm getting ready for my first show. I am a beginner DJ. 
    Guys, can you please tell me how you deal with the emotions? I've been thinking about next Friday's performance for a week now and can't concentrate normally. I tried to meditate - it doesn't help. Did chores around the house - it doesn't help. Music helps a little. But the excitement still remains. 
    How to overcome it?
    I usually try to think of the absolute worse case scenario.  But something so outrageous it's funny.  Then think of more likely bad things that could happen, whatever you are worried about, and plan strategies for what you will do.

I also think it helps to project into the future.  These are first time jitters and the last time you will feel them, at least this bad!  After your first gig is done, you'll be a lot more confident.  You might make some mistakes.  That's okay!  Learn from them and build on them.  But, even as a first-timer, I think you'll do great.  You're nervousness shows that you care about your job and want people to have a good time at this event.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    @ei34 how are the kids doing with all of it? Are you guys co-parenting well {ish?}
    We’re sort of co-parenting.  It’ll all come out at some point (my marriage stuff.)