Texas-Houston
Options

Wedding Dress Shopping on a Budget

I'm trying to get a dress under $1,000 and a max of $1, 200. I'm looking to make a few appointments in a couple weeks. When I call places they say they have things within that budget, but I don't want to show up and there are only 2 dresses that meet my budget. Other than David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo, where would you recommend to have a decent selection in this range?

Re: Wedding Dress Shopping on a Budget

• Options
    You can try Venturas Bridal. I got my dress there for under 1200.
  • Options
    I got mine from Bridal Connection or Bridal Mall on 610/59. Its a bit dingy looking but they were great! one on one, and I had better service there than Venturas AND they threw in a few extras.

Parvani Vida on Hwy 6 was great too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Panache on 1960 near willowbrook.  Most of the dresses there are under 1000!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you find a dress you like but it is out of your budget, call Pearl's Place in Louisiana and see what price they can offer you. My dress in the store was 1,000+ and I got my dress for 400.00 before shipping. They easily saved me more than 500.00. Just make sure you know your size, colors, length, etc. because one you order there is no going back. 

Good luck!
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    Are you willing to buy a sample dress? Marry go Round in Midtown has several dresses that are originally priced $1500+ but will sell it for less than $800.

You can get it professionally cleaned and still remain in your budget.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    ditto ventura's bridal :) I got my dress for $525. And alterations were only about $300.
  • Options
    I second Marry-Go-Round on W. Gray. They had some beautiful dresses there that were $400.
    Also try the Brides against breast cancer website and see when they will be in Houston again. They have a huge variety.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I have an appt with Marry Go Round. I see BrickHouse and Debbie's mentioned a lot on these boards, would they be worth trying?
  • Options
    Brickhouse is a great place but you need to tell them about the budget. They have high end designers and can go way over your budget.  They also do have sample sales there as well.  I tried on quite a few around your budget that were great! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would not waste any time at Brickhouse Bridal. I went there with a budget of $1500, and there really wasn't much in that price range. Many of their dresses were closer to $2000. 
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    I would not waste any time at Brickhouse Bridal. I went there with a budget of $1500, and there really wasn't much in that price range. Many of their dresses were closer to $2000. 
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    also keep in mind alterations - i got my dress for about $700 at Ventura;s but alterations were another $400, so it added up to $1100 - it just depends on how your budget is structured.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_wedding-dress-shopping-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:018eeb30-e0ac-49bb-aff2-97503204bc4cPost:527ef968-51b4-45be-8498-0187ed69d303">Re: Wedding Dress Shopping on a Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would not waste any time at Brickhouse Bridal. I went there with a budget of $1500, and there really wasn't much in that price range. Many of their dresses were closer to $2000. 
    Posted by sklink0486[/QUOTE]

Thank you! This is the kind of information I need. Im traveling from out of town (Houston is nearest major city) and I need to go to the best stores for my budget!
  • Options
    Jill's bridals in league city has a 50% off sale. I got my over 1k dress there for $450 and it was my dream of beads and lace!
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • Options
    Jill's bridals in league city has a 50% off sale. I got my over 1k dress there for $450 and it was my dream of beads and lace!
    TTC Since 6/12 regular periods with annovulation DH S/A healthy Hormones normal-all unexplained IF currently 10/12 50mg of clomid-no response-BFN 11/12 100mg of clomid-1 mature follicle-IUI #1=BFN 12/8/12 clear HSG 12/12 100mg of clomid-2 mature follicles-IUI #2=BFN 1/13 5mg femara un-monitored TI, BFN 2/13 7.5mg femara 2 mature follicles, IUI#3 BFN
  • Options
    keep in mind that since Marry Go Round is a place that only sells samples..it's hit or miss. unfortunately, i didn't find a single dress that i even wanted to try on. their inventory does change daily though, and they told me to check their facebook since they do frequently update that. 

i agree that you could definitely find something in your budget at ventura's

We got married 11/3/12!!

• Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    First, I do not recommend Alfred Angelo. When I went to Ventura (which I do recommend), I saw dresses that were similar to AA but were HUNDREDS of dollars cheaper. With some patience, you can find a prettier dress somewhere else for less money.

I had good experiences at Ventura's and Princess Bridal. I ended up getting my dress at Princess for almost half the original price (less than $500). I loved the personal attention I got at Princess Bridal. I believe they only take 2 apointments at a time, so there's not a lof of distractions. My consultant pulled a dress I never would have picked for myself, and it ended up being the one.

With that budget, you can def find something. Just take your time.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I went to Ventura's and they were great. Tons of dresses and they really let me take my time. They didn't rush me, let me pick what I wanted to try on and always had suggestions. They were like that both during the week and when I went on the weekend. Every place else I went they rushed me and acted like I was a bother because I didn't want to buy the first dress I put on. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    peachykdpeachykd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay ladies. I have time for one maybe two more appointments on my shopping weekend in Houston. If I'm trying to stay under the 1,200  and not venture too far out of Houston, which of these do you think would be my best bet?

Paravani Vida
    Bella-Deur 
    Weddings By Debbie

• Options
    I second the Princess Bridal suggestion!

They have awesome prices on their dresses and a TON of dresses to pick from at that. I got my wedding ceremony dress and my reception dress from there. My reception dress was one of the samples and only $100! I got it altered and I think it looks better than any dress I have ever tried on because they made it fit me perfect.

They give you awesome attention and are so helpful there. You have to make an appointment though... It is located in Old Town Spring in Spring, TX

Weddings by Debbie is pretty expensive...you will be VERY limited with your budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • Options
    Houston Bridal Gallery they will work with any budget!! =)... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards