Wedding Woes

Not Wednesday

I was looking at tracking information for something I ordered and it said it was being delivered on Wednesday and couldn’t believe it was going to get here today, that was so fast I thought! Legitimately didn’t know it was Tuesday. 

The weather is still beautiful which means each grandmas is going to take the baby for a walk. Poor kid is never going to be inside. 

Re: Not Wednesday

• Lol I’ve been there before @charlotte989875 .  Wish it was Wednesday!

Working from home today. Our office is closed.  Annoying coworker left early yesterday to rush her mom to the hospital. Found out her mom had covid bad. She also had to get tested since she was with her, and coworker tested positive. It was only me and one other in the office so we both have to get tested today.  I have no symptoms and I’m pretty confident we were always 6’ apart from one another, but I shouldn’t go back till I can produce a negative test.  Ugh! And I get nose bleeds SO easily.  Was kinda hoping I would have avoided the whole test thing!

• @charlotte989875 I would take BK out at least once a day when I was at home. There is an old theory that when kids are acting out, either get them outside or put them in water {like a bath} and it helps. Idk how legit it is, but so many parents I know swear it helps.
    BK love water, but she's the outdoor kid so now that it's nice, she is outside even in the front playing with chalk

@CharmedPam oh shit :\ fx you're negative and coworker and their mom are okay :( 

Weekend was ... okay. Lol Mostly good but I'll explain.

Saturday we dropped BK at my mum's. M donated blood, so I hung out at my mum's place. I got to give BK a waffle and munch one myself.

Afterwards M swung by, picked me up and we headed to eat some lunch and tidy up a bit. Our reservations stuck for dinner, so it was good. I got vacuuming done.
    Saturday was our 10 year dating anniversary. We don't normally do anything, but all our plans in the last year just hadn't gone well so we felt it was nice to just go out.

Katie on Instagram: “A decade with this dude 😂🥰”

He caught me taking a selfie as he came back from the bathroom lol {hence why he's masked and I'm not}

If you can watch my highlights under BK's name, do yourself a favour and watch. Many are funny.

Katie (@misskt) • Instagram photos and videos

I'll try to upload a photo later because she's looking more kid lately lol Crazy she'll be 3 in like just over 2 months!
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021

@CharmedPam oh shit :\ fx you're negative and coworker and their mom are okay :( 
    Thanks!  She said she also had no symptomas and was shocked she tested positive. We don’t know if she had it already when she was at work or got it while rushing her mom to the ER. I hope her mom’s ok too. She has a lot of health conditions. 

Cute pic of you two! Happy 10 years! 

• @CharmedPam, I hope your test comes out negative!  What a scary thing to have happen, especially since you are about to get your first vaccine.  If I'm remembering correctly, if someone has been exposed to COVID within X timeframe, they are supposed to have a negative test before getting the vaccine.  I think it has something to do with if your immune system is already ramping up to fight the virus, getting the vaccine at the same time could cause problems.

I have another really boring day at work.  Plus I'm tired, so that doesn't help, lol.  I've fallen behind on my life insurance studies to get my license, so I'm going to try and make more progress on that today since I have the time.  I have already discovered I need to study in small chunks to retain the information the best.  That is some really dry material, lol.  And a lot more vocabulary words and their definitions then I ever would have expected. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tweaked the shit out of my shoulder last night.  We have a bottom freezer and an ice pack fell behind the drawer. I tried to snag it and found out my shoulder doesn't bend that way.  Good thing DefConn's arms/hands are still little, ha.  Biofreeze and ibuprofen are my friends. 

DH and I are still chipping away at finishing the living room.  We are waiting for our rug we ordered to show up.  We also need to order a couch and I really want to get a chaise for my office and another chair for our bonus room.  I also want $1M, while we're at it.  We did get curtains up last night, finally. 

We watched the first part of the Tiger Woods doc (which DH kept calling the "Tiger documentary" and I could not stop connecting it to Tiger King, LOL).  It was interesting and definitely explained a lot of his psyche.  His relationship with his dad was fraught.  I'm curious to see the second part. 

Blerg, Tuesday.  Definitely NOT Wednesday.  Lame. 
  • @CharmedPam I hope you're negative!  When were you last exposed?  I am hearing it can take a few days for a test to be +.  A mom on a different chat board works for a well known pharmaceutical company that happens to have one of the vaccines out and their policy is that you need to get a PCR no earlier than day 7 if she travels.  

A former/intermittent knottie had Covid over the summer (she contracted it from a family member who sadly passed) and it took several days for symptoms to even appear.  
  • It was just yesterday.  Would it be pointless to go today?

• I'm no CDC expert but would hold off.  You could get a false negative if you tested only 24 hours after exposure. 
  • edited March 2021
    It was just yesterday.  Would it be pointless to go today?
    You should be able to contact your local/county health department and they would give you recommendations for when to test. Assuming y’all still have test+ tracers they’ll want to know all the info about when you were potentially exposed. 

Also, that sucks and I really hope you’re okay! 
  • banana468 said:
    I'm no CDC expert but would hold off.  You could get a false negative if you tested only 24 hours after exposure. 
    I've heard 5 days minimum post-exposure for testing so you can minimize the possibility of a false result. 

• @CharmedPam oh shit :\ fx you're negative and coworker and their mom are okay :( 
    Thanks!  She said she also had no symptomas and was shocked she tested positive. We don’t know if she had it already when she was at work or got it while rushing her mom to the ER. I hope her mom’s ok too. She has a lot of health conditions. 

There’s no way she got it while rushing her mom to the hospital and is already testing positive. And it’s too soon for you to test based on exposure to her yesterday, but if you were seeing her before yesterday you might have been exposed days ago. I’d test today and then also quarantine until you can wait 5 days and get another negative test. 
    Good point.  If she's + she was exposed by her mom or someone else before yesterday.    

• I also thought it was Wednesday. Usually Weds is my morning with lots of calls, but for whatever reason I had a bunch today. I was pretty disappointed to figure out that I still have to do the whole rest of Tuesday.

But I'm leaving at 2 to go get my Fauci Ouchie, so that's good news. 
  • That’s what I thought too.  It was really early! She was last in the office Wednesday.

• That’s what I thought too.  It was really early! She was last in the office Wednesday.
    Can you ask pointed questions like, "Hm that's interesting.  CDC says that it takes X days past exposure to test +."  She's lying about something.
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh sorry @CharmedPam hope it’s a negative!
    Yay for all the outdoor time @charlotte989875
    Hope your shoulder starts to improve @mrsconn23
    One of H’s uncles popped in last night to try and convince me to “have a change of heart”, “choose forgiveness” and the real kicker “let God in”.  He’s the third IL to try to change my mind but the first to bring God into it.  I told H afterwards that no more of his family are allowed over if it’s for an ambush. So over it.  To be positive, it’s 60 and sunny here.  And the kids have been doing well.
  • I was looking at my calendar.  And I'm really jumping ahead because I need something to look forward to, lol.  But, if I can just get through this week, next week I'll be having a glorious short week.  Only working M-W.

At my work, we get Good Friday as a holiday.  But since that is normally my half day Fri., my half day is pushed back to Thurs.  And I will take a few hours of vacation time to make it a 4-day weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @mrsconn23 yikes about your shoulder! I tweaked my back and I was finding heat helping

@ei34 w...t....f .... why do family think it's okay to put input into someone's marriage/divorce/relationship urg!
    My face reading what uncle said:

disgusted steve carell GIF

• @Casadena good luck! Maybe the new job can start after baby is here?
    @ei34, ew!  No.  No.  No.  you go on your merry way.

Thanks everyone!  So I think I have to cancel my vaccine appt. i really wish I could cancel just  the first one and use #2 as a 1.... 🤔 

• That sucks @CharmedPam. But we recommend testing five days post exposure in order to build up a viral load that’s detectable (if you have it). Are you saying that the last time you saw coworker was last Wednesday? 

@ei34 I’m sorry you are dealing with such bullshit. *hugs*

@mrsconn23 I hope your shoulder feels better. 

My manager is on vacation, we had a bunch of providers and some staff call off today. I’m trying to be woosaa about it all but Jesus. FSIL is going to get her first dose of the vaccine today and I’m excited about it. We booked our tickets for her (extremely off-etiquette) destination wedding. It’s FI’s and my anniversary today. Hoping we can pick up some food from a good restaurant and go on a walk tonight. 

• I have meeting after meeting today and did hopefully get a decent deal on DH's Father's Day gift.  I never buy this early but I found a storm trooper whiskey decanter and insulated glasses.  He will love them. 
  • ei34 said:
    Yup totally @mrsconn23 @banana468 it’s bizarre that to them, it should be me to change my decision and not him to change his actions and choices.  Irony that they’re emphasizing forgiveness...if I wasn’t so forgiving this would’ve happened years ago. 
    Sadly this seems to be a norm so much.

I remember watching Somethin' To Talk about years ago w/ Julia Roberts and in the movie the marriage was breaking up over infidelity (am not insinuating anything about your marriage @ei34) and the mother of Julia Roberts' character was asking if Julia would reconsider because the marriage would then be broken and what a name the family would get.  But the concept of "is this good for you?" wasn't asked!  

Hugs - hope whatever lead to you to say enough is enough is behind you.
  • It was just yesterday.  Would it be pointless to go today?
    Yes it would be pointless to test today. It takes a few days for the viral load to be big enough to be detected by a test. FX that you are negative.