Wedding Woes
Options

Wet, Windy, Wednesday

Our beautiful weather is gone & has been replaced by rain today & snow tomorrow. At least we got outside when we did. 

The baby has now started refusing to go back to sleep in his bed. So I was up from 2-4:30 trying to convince him to stay asleep in the crib. I’m exhausted. H is exhausted. Baby is exhausted. 

Re: Wet, Windy, Wednesday

• Options
    Woohoo @climbingsingle!  We’re shot sisters :) although I didn’t really prep my house or easy meals after.  Darn! 

shouldn’t snow here, but we’re in for some crappy weather. It’s been a long week, 4 day weeks usually are. Other than the shot after work, SSDD.

• Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2021
    It's a wet Wednesday here too. It's warm still, but it's supposed to get cold after the storm passes tonight. BIL and family got in last night. I'm disappointed that the weather is not cooperating to let them enjoy the outside. 

Nothing much else going on. I'm thinking about what to make for dessert to bring to Easter. I'm thinking of something simple like strawberries and cream, but I want something pretty. 
  • Options
    For some reason work is getting crazy busier than usual around this time, just lots of requests from other departments.  Good bc I like being busy, but it's taking me a minute to wrap my head around all the planning/scheduling bc it was very unexpected.  I also decided that I'm for sure applying to that job I saw a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to apply and terrified to potentially interview, I need to brush up on some interview stuff -it's been a while.  

It's only 40 here today but sunny and feels a lot warmer than it really is (no breeze really).  I'm going to squeeze in a walk at some point today.  

I'm also going to take a day off next week to get our family room painted - i have no motivation to do it post-baby bedtime.  We've had paint samples on the walls and paint picked out/purchased for like 6 months and it's driving me nuts.  

Good luck to everyone getting shots today, hope you all feel ok after :)
  • Options
    Ugh sorry for the lack of sleep @charlotte989875 I have sooo been there! I had broken sleep for, I swear 2 years straight with my first. Sorry if that's disheartening and not encouraging as I meant it! Now that my oldest is 5 and youngest is 2 I am finally sleeping like a normal human again!

@MyNameIsNot What about a Strawberry Trifle? I love how pretty they are in those glass dishes! Plus super yummy! 
  • Options
    It's a wet Wednesday here too. It's warm still, but it's supposed to get cold after the storm passes tonight. BIL and family got in last night. I'm disappointed that the weather is not cooperating to let them enjoy the outside. 

Nothing much else going on. I'm thinking about what to make for dessert to bring to Easter. I'm thinking of something simple like strawberries and cream, but I want something pretty. 
    Pavlova maybe? Strawberries and whipped cream on meringue. 
  • Options
    Still mild today but getting cold tomorrow. Likely snow then back up to warm in like 2-3 days? T.F nature?
    I'm glad my mum picked up a warm coat for this kind of weather for BK

I still have neck pain causing headache. I'm tired of tylenol, etc so I'm trying roller oils (lavender and peppermint}. I'll probably try voltaren tonight also. Urg.

I did manage to get 2 things off my to-do list. Sent email for a/c mainentance and got script refill for BK's steroid.
    Currently making a list of other to-do's for this weekend. I think it's only 3 day weekend for me, but if it's 4 day weekend then I may add a couple things lmao
  • Options
    @Casadena, good luck on the job application!

Last day before my 4-day weekend!  Weather is great (sorry to those of you with snow or rain).  I am in high sprits, all around.

There is a fun, local story that has grabbed people's attention and become the talk of the town.  A 7-foot high traffic cone.  For comparison, you can see a normal sized traffic cone next to it, on the back right of the pothole.  Lots of posts with "All Hail the Giant Traffic Cone".  In a poll for "who should be the next mayor of NOLA", Giant Traffic Cone (GTC) is handily beating our current mayor.  When we had a couple days of bad rain, there were posts everywhere with people worried and asking how GTC did.  But a picture is worth 1,000 words:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    Ugh sorry for the lack of sleep @charlotte989875 I have sooo been there! I had broken sleep for, I swear 2 years straight with my first. Sorry if that's disheartening and not encouraging as I meant it! Now that my oldest is 5 and youngest is 2 I am finally sleeping like a normal human again!

@MyNameIsNot What about a Strawberry Trifle? I love how pretty they are in those glass dishes! Plus super yummy! 
    This actually does help- makes me feel like I’m not doing something wrong or that we’re the only ones that have been through this! 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:
    You can’t mention trifle without mentioning this:

This is exactly why I never think to make triffle. 

But that's a great idea. 
  • Options
    Jstump2 said:

This actually does help- makes me feel like I’m not doing something wrong or that we’re the only ones that have been through this! 
    All of us have been there! 

Neither of my kids were honestly good sleepers until they were well over a year old.  Chiquita was over 18 months when things started to suck less and Chiquito still woke up to nurse until he was over 2.  

I miss some of the daytime cuteness at that age but DO NOT miss the sleep deprivation.  
  • Options
    I have been working my fingers off at work, trying to get this new caseload wrangled and under control.  It's getting there, but I've had to have a few heart-to-hearts with my immediate boss about, "I cannot actually do all of this w/out your input, please do what I've requested from you before you start getting buried."

Otherwise, SSDD.  There's stuff going on, but I'm tired of talking about it, much less living through it.  Someday it will all be past me and I'll look back at these years and still cringe, but I'll make it.