Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!

WE MADE IT!  LOL 

What's up for the weekend?  

OT and spring cleaning for me.  DefConn's room is a disaster zone and I've had enough of it.  Also, it's time for a clothing purge for him.  I need to go through my own clothing too. 

We started Exterminate all the Brutes on HBOMax last night.  It's quite heavy.  I'm still sitting with it. 

Re: Friday!!

• Options
    I feel like today is dragging on already. I wasn't super productive yesterday so I have a lot I need to knock out today. Went to the office for a bit yesterday after my dentist appt. Only a handful of people were there, was nice to see one since I haven't seen her in person for over a year.

no weekend plans. Might try to cut DS hair. He was super cooperative last time (finally!) and it could go for a while before doing it again but if I can get him more and more comfortable doing it when it starts to get a bit long that would be good too 
  • Options
    This week has really dragged, and today is going to as well. 

My building is doing a big yoga class tomorrow AM (outside on the "great lawn") so I'm excited for that. That's pretty much all I have planned. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    My arm HURTS!

I got the Pfizer vaccine and immediately texted a friend of mine who works a contractor there thanking her for all her work.  A LOT of their employees live in town and they were instrumental getting this approved.  But sleeping last night was not so fantastic.  I normally do a 10 minute weights routine on Peloton M, W and F and today...I went to a 20 minute bike ride.  

No plans this weekend but my house is upside down so I need to get laundry done and un-Easter the living room. 
    You probably don't want to hear this but it does help if you move your arm. It works the soreness out as the vaccine moves through the muscle.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    My arm HURTS!

I got the Pfizer vaccine and immediately texted a friend of mine who works a contractor there thanking her for all her work.  A LOT of their employees live in town and they were instrumental getting this approved.  But sleeping last night was not so fantastic.  I normally do a 10 minute weights routine on Peloton M, W and F and today...I went to a 20 minute bike ride.  

No plans this weekend but my house is upside down so I need to get laundry done and un-Easter the living room. 
    You probably don't want to hear this but it does help if you move your arm. It works the soreness out as the vaccine moves through the muscle.
    I'm sure it helps to move it.  But I wasn't going to move it with weights over my head repeatedly for 10 minutes!    
  • Options
    My mum got her vax yesterday - AZ - and she says she is dragging today with a sore arm. MIL and SFIL got AZ too but didn't feel that bad, so it's definitely a mixed review lol

Finally got our dates for daycare closed. We were going to take siding off her bed, but we need the time to potty train. We'll do siding on her bed later - maybe the Thanksgiving long weekend? We may even wait until xmas since I'm off and if M isn't off, he can work from home. Yes she'll be 3.5 by then, but figured we can just hold out. Potty training feels more important and is more time consuming.

I'm hoping our yard is done so at least we can try to get in the backyard. Even if it's in non-waterproof bottoms. We have a water table and I can bring the potty outside potentially. I'm more anxious about the fact our fence is low, but she has "baggy" swim bottoms and I could put something else on that aren't form fitting so she can easily push down.

We think she has concept but hasn't fully made the connection yet.
  • Options
    So excited for a quiet weekend after the business of Easter! I’m meeting a friend for a walk in a garden tomorrow and other than that, I am resting. 
  • Options
    @banana468 I did a forty minute arm workout the day after I got my shot and it helped a lot. You might just want to try and get through it. 

Work today. I just spent way too much at Sephora for their 20% off sale but it was a lot of stuff I need/have been eyeing so it seemed like a waste not to use the discount while it’s available. We’re starting our Janssen vaccines today. So far we’ve only done Moderna. My mom gets her second vaccine today. I realized last night I haven’t seen her for six months. =( I haven’t seen my grandparents in over a year. I hope that changes soon. 

Hike today and tomorrow with FSIL and then on Sunday FSIL is having us look at BM dresses. I want pizza and frozen yoghurt forecast in my weekend too. Lol. I’ve got to have some cheat days! I’m down 2.5 lbs this month so far. If I keep up the current pace I’ll be at my goal weight by the wedding. I’m just trying to stay focused and ignore the bad food that FI always has at home. 

• Options
    I'm so excited for the weekend! Nothing much going on, but I'm tired this week. 

We're trying to move around our second vaccine. Right now, we have an appointment at CVS on the other side of town Tuesday at 5. There are spots now open at county place that is 5 minutes away, but their website says they can't do your second shot if you got your first somewhere else. Which makes no sense to me, so H is going to call and see if he can get more info. It isn't the end of the world to drive across town in rush hour, but I'd rather not if I can avoid it. FWP for real.

I'm hoping for a semi-productive weekend. We have a little side room in our garage that has plumbing in it for a sink. We saw some utility sinks at Home Depot that would work in the space, but we'll need to get rid of some of the junk and patch the floor. So I'm hoping we can start that tomorrow. Then yard work on Sunday after the rain clears up. Also, sleep. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    @MyNameIsNot I’m going to take a wild guess and say that policy is because it’s hard to verify which vaccine people received for their first dose. Half of my patients forget or lose their card when they come for their second dose. Sometimes they’re convinced I gave them Pfizer the first time (impossible). I can’t give a second dose unless I know it’s the right one. Luckily everyone who has forgotten has received their first one with us so we have a record. 

ETF: words

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    My vaccine appt got moved up to Tuesday,  Also, work gives us 2 hours off per shot.  Wahoo! 
     My work doesn't give us any "bonus" time to get a vaccine shot.  But I get something like 3-4 weeks of "sick" time each year and it is "use it or lose it".  So I lose a lot of it anyway every year.  For my first shot, which was 90 minutes away, I just took a whole sick day.  For my second shot which was local, I worked for three hours in the morning, but then took sick time for the rest of the day.

I'm back form getting my bloodwork done.  It's fasting bloodwork, so I picked up Wendy's breakfast on my way home and scarfed that down like a mad woman, lol.  I have some errands to run this afternoon.  Not much else going on this weekend.

Either my H or both of us do my p/t gig every Saturday (taking pics of hotel event boards).  As a recap, there was no work for 4 months last year.  Then they brought my route back, but for one less day and cut my hotels by one third (19 hotels to 12).  That went on for a few months.  THEN they cut me down to only three hotels.  I would have rather had zero because then it wasn't worth the time.  But I didn't want to lose my route, so we sucked it up.  They just added two more hotels to my route yesterday.  Phew!  It still majorly sucks, but at least it is almost worth the time it takes now.  Though one of those hotels is still closed, so I'm probably going to lose it again.  But still.  It's a good sign that hotels are being added instead of subtracted.

I was originally thinking I might not see my route coming back like it was until the Fall.  But things in NOLA have almost opened up to pre-pandemic levels.  Not because our leaders are being irresponsible, but because our COVID stats and hospitalization levels warrant that.  Tourists are packing the streets again.  I wish they were being more careful and wearing masks outside when it is crowded.  But, oh well.  My H and I wear masks outside when we are doing the route and there are a lot of people around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot that's annoying, here you would be able to do that. THere was no check or balance on if brand if you're trying to reschedule, they would just ask which kind you had received. ours is through the state health dept, I didn't do it through a separate pharmacy website when I tried to reschedule my 2nd. 
  • Options
    @short+sassy, I know the “must eat. Haven’t eaten for 12 hours” hunger monster all too well!

@ei34, the dissolution will put your mind at ease alone.  One of my friends has been separated for over a year now, and no final date in sight.  I can imagine covid put a stop to it.

No plans this weekend and I like it thay way. At some point I have to bring a bunch of logs into my garage from my backyard, my brother cut the tree down 2 years ago! Maybe three.. time goes by so fast. Anyway, i’m finally getting around to clearing it up. 

• Options
    kvruns said:
    @MyNameIsNot that's annoying, here you would be able to do that. THere was no check or balance on if brand if you're trying to reschedule, they would just ask which kind you had received. ours is through the state health dept, I didn't do it through a separate pharmacy website when I tried to reschedule my 2nd. 
    Because ours is through the state health dept. they know which one you got since it is in their data base.
  • Options
    I'm excited for the weekend.  This week went fast!  It's been crazy busy at work - I feel like I have to put out at least three fires everyday .... not literal fires, but just stamping down one problem before another springs up.  It does make time fly at least.
    My weekend plans are to get some errands done.  The province is in lockdown, but I've been letting stuff go that I can do myself outside.  Yardwork, painting my shed, getting my bike running, getting my summer tires on, starting some veggie plants indoors .... all fun stuff.  And I might move my one rabbit outdoors, but that is still up in the air.  I like having at least one bunny inside, so I might just always have at least one of them keeping me company.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Sorry to see y’all headed back to lockdown @kerbohl and @MissKittyDanger! We’ve been seeing a lot of the news about the vaccine delays and cases across the border. Hoping things get better soon!
  • Options
    Prince Philip AND DMX?! :(  
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    That's what I was kind of expecting. I didn't really think about people not knowing which vaccine they had or losing their card, though. I just assumed they'd require people to show the card. CVS was making second appointments no matter where you got your first, but I guess the county probably has more limited resources and is trying to serve more people.

Oh well, I can suck it up and sit in traffic. It's not going to kill me.
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Prince Philip AND DMX?! :(  
    I saw. Prince Philip was 2 months from turning 100 & today is Charles & Camilla's wedding anniversary.

DMX was just sad. Overdose, cardiac arrest and on life support :( 
  • Options
    DMX is sad and sadly less surprising when addiction is such an awful illness.  

The Ruff Riders anthem was the theme song to my first year of college.  
  • Options
    More busy. Just too many things to do in too short a period of time.

Prince Philip and DMX  :'(
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I had to take myself off from work because my fever is spiking over 100 every time tylenol gets out of my system.

I'm 99.99999% sure it's the damn shot--which I"m glad I got, but, ugh.

remember the super important fundraiser I had to contact like 100 volunteers to say 'sorry, cancelled' last year?
    It's coming up.  I"m trying to get volunteers.  Except who the fuck knows, Michigan sucks.