Wedding Woes
Options

Make it stop MONDAY

make the allergies stop!

Re: Make it stop MONDAY

• Options
    Ugh.  I need to go find my allergy meds so I can get ahead of them.  

I have a low-grade headache, but that has more to do with the lack of sleep last night.  Something we ate yesterday did not agree with DH and me, which we both ate the same things all day.  It kept me up all night.  DH was able to boot and feel better, so he got sleep.  I just laid in bed hating life.  The. Worst.  I was worried about DefConn, but he woke up perfectly fine this morning thankfully. 

Other than the end, we actually had a decent weekend.  We did all the spring cleaning and purging.  I worked some overtime too.  The house feels so fresh and clean.  It was a perfect weekend to do it since the weather was crap. 
  • Options
    @kvruns mine have been awful this weekend too. Drops and meds guh

@mrsconn23 was DefConn sick too? Or did he not have it? I hate when that happens :( 

@short+sassy urg covid :(

Weekend was good. We got out for at least an hour on Saturday because it was basically summer lol  Unfortunately tot was basically throwing sand {we were solo in the area} so she got sand all down her shorts/pull up and even though we changed her before nap, there was still a bunch of sand in her bed lol
    Summer problems lol

Sunday was decent. I ordered breakfast and idk if my stomach just disagreed randomly or I ate something that disagreed with me. It was just painful :( M had to go to the store and ended up waiting until BK was down because I just couldn't trust my stomach enough to try and do anything solo 

I did manage to get some stuff done over the weekend, but not as much as I'd hoped.

Side note, our cases are going up {Saturday 277, Sunday 340} so even though we were 2 people in office, we've dropped to 1 person in office.
    Lovely.
  • Options
    My sister’s H has Covid. He tested positive this weekend. We saw them all for Easter but their doctor thinks we’re probably safe. His brother has it (& their 4 year old). Niece & sister are negative for now. I took a rapid test last night and I’m good but also a bundle of stress. I hate this so much. 
  • Options

@mrsconn23 was DefConn sick too? Or did he not have it? I hate when that happens :( 

DefConn was totally fine, thankfully.  He ate basically the same as us yesterday.  But the kid has a pretty iron stomach for the most part.  So IDK what made us react, but we were both pretty miserable. 
  • Options
    We had a nice weekend, weather was pretty nice. We played outside hit up the playground twice! Otherwise just boring adult stuff. Grocery shopped, did laundry, cleaned.

We are slowly working our way through a to-do list for our current house. We took the closet doors off and painted them white (we had bought primed but not painted doors last year and never got around to painting them). They look so much better! Next weekend we want to re-stain our deck if the weather cooperates.
  • Options
    My sister’s H has Covid. He tested positive this weekend. We saw them all for Easter but their doctor thinks we’re probably safe. His brother has it (& their 4 year old). Niece & sister are negative for now. I took a rapid test last night and I’m good but also a bundle of stress. I hate this so much. 
    That's scary!  I hope your BIL and his brother's family only have mild cases.  Hopefully your sister/niece don't catch it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @charlotte989875!  That sucks.  I hope everyone recovers and no one else is +. 
  • Options
    Hope it avoids your family @charlotte989875 and those that have it feel better
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    DH and I had a fight last night that hasn't resolved.  I got bitchy and put out my gripes and he's stewing.  I have meetings this morning and the tutor is coming and then I'm waiting for phase 2 where he is going to unload on me. 

I'm irritated that every time I want to do something in the house that costs money I feel like I get resistance.  When he wants to do something that costs money I don't put up a fight.  I'm tired of it.  He's going to tell me soon about how I"m wrong so I'll get to hear his side of things. 
    That sucks Banana. H and I have a similar argument. When he wants to do something on the house it’s a high priority & worth the money, when i do it’s a “nice to have” and too expensive. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam the numbers i said are just Ottawa, but all of Ontario is going up. We're back in lockdown and things are getting stricter :\ Not a fan of Ford government. Like yes, Toronto and Peel are in harder spots, but he's ignoring a lot of the other province regarding vaccine and his roll out plan is not blending with what Ottawa Public Health knows
  • Options
    @banana468 good luck resolving everything with H, those kinds of recurring disagreements are SO frustrating.  
    @charlotte989875 I hope you all test negative and stay healthy. 

I'm in the office today and my boss's boss just told me that boss is quarantining because a family member tested positive for COVID.  I saw boss last week in person and he didn't mention anything which i am no super pleased about.  We had masks on during interactions, but still.  And i'm super not surprised, his whole family went to a wedding and on vacation 2 weeks ago and in general hasn't been very cautious. 

IL's came over on Saturday, it was nice to see them and G had fun.  Yesterday I took a morning nap while H took him outside to play and on a long walk.  Then I finished up the last of the family room painting while he napped.  Overall, pretty nice weekend even though the weather was kind of crappy.  I'm super duper tired today and have a bunch of stuff to finish at work so i'm drinking my daily allotment of caffeine right now to kick start the process.  Already can't wait to go to bed tonight. 
  • Options
    Sorry y'all were feeling bad @mrsconn23. Fingers crossed @charlotte989875 that y'all stay negative!

Weekend was pretty good. DS2 came home for my birthday. We watched lots of movies (that's we do).  Had salmon for dinner Saturday night. Sunday night H grilled filets for dinner. We are still waiting for the baby. DD is miserable! 

Sorry about your trip @short+sassy. Our Italy trip has been postponed to May-June 2022. It is better to postpone to when things are all open than to go and not be able to see things IMO. I wouldn't want to pay all that money and not be able to see the sites. Europe is still way behind us in vaccine roll out and their numbers are worse than ours.

Indiana's numbers are rising just like everyone else's and of course the restrictions are still not being put back into place!
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Feel better @kvruns and @mrsconn23 Ugh that stinks @banana468 Fingers crossed for negatives @charlotte989875
    My poor nephew who had Covid last month spent Friday-Sunday in the hospital with a high fever, scary rash and dehydration. He’s home now but I feel so bad for my sister. What a year to be pregnant/raise an infant. Baked them a crumb cake and brought it along with some ziploc freezer dinners last night. I feel bad for them. 
    On the plus side my cold is completely gone and H only annoyed me like 3x this past weekend.  

• Options

Indiana's numbers are rising just like everyone else's and of course the restrictions are still not being put back into place!
    I know.  Holcomb infuriates me. 
  • Options
    happy birthday @ILoveBeachMusic was it this weekend or an early celebration?

It was dumb to lift the mask mandate right after/during spring breaks. Fortunately at least by me it seems to be business as usual with places still requiring and people still wearing. 
  • Options
    Thanks @kvruns. It was yesterday. Yes lifting the mask mandate was way too early considering spring break and the NCAA tournament were just ending.
  • Options
    Hugs and healthy vibes @charlotte989875

Weekend was pretty good. I did a full closet purge and put aside a ton of stuff for donation. I kind of wanted to get rid of more but I didn’t want to have purge regret. I did two hikes with FSIL and worked out a bunch, and we also went and picked out BM dresses for the wedding. It was a little stressful for me. I’m still very uncomfortable with how I look even though I’ve made great progress. I did buy a dress in a smaller size because I’ve been losing 6-10 pounds a month pretty consistently and I felt like buying my current size wouldn’t fit me by July. It’s just stressful. If I’m not close to fitting in the dress by the end of May I’m just going to buy the next size up and eat the cost. FSIL B bought a dress a size too small and I’m worried about it. You could tell she just wanted the “number” down a size. But she literally has no more weight to lose. And you can’t compare your sizing to someone (FSIL’s BFF) who is 100 lbs and five feet tall when you’re eight inches taller with a different bone structure. She’ll make it work, but I have a feeling it’s going to be super uncomfortable to wear all day, especially considering the heat and humidity. 

Otherwise SSDD. We’ve cycled back to Monday. I’m navigating the nightmare that is COVID vaccine reporting right now. I’m so irritated at how the state and county rolled things out and have flip flopped on what they want. So every Monday I lose my mind a little. 

• Options
    @VarunaTT do you  mind sharing which shot  you got?  I get my 2nd Pfizer dose in 2.5 weeks now.   My arm pain is gone and have a weird sensation that my bra is too small today.
  • Options
    Side note - my mum and her bf got the AZ vax on Thursday.
    She's off on Fridays, but apparently it knocked her t.f out. Like barely able to be awake for an hour kind. His arm just hurt, and he felt run down but nothing too bad.

MIL and SFIL also had AZ but nothing like this.
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2021
    banana468 said:
    @VarunaTT do you  mind sharing which shot  you got?  I get my 2nd Pfizer dose in 2.5 weeks now.   My arm pain is gone and have a weird sensation that my bra is too small today.
    I had Pfizer as well.  I really didn't have much of a reaction at all to the first shot, mostly just like the flu shot but less.  The lymph node swelling is a listed side effect, it was just weird b/c I felt like it happened really fast.  Everything was fine and then suddenly I was swallowing and was like, Whoa...what is going on?

Edited: words are hard today.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger is AZ astrazenica? 

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    ok, My BIL gets his vaccine soon and I wonder what my family will get or even what options they have! AZ wasn’t approved here, so we only have Moderna, Pfzier and J&J for now. 

Is it hard to get vaccinated?  I think Winnipeg is having difficulties.  It was hard here, in IL up to a week ago but now when I log into pharmacy sites, appointments are pretty much open.  Biden put the deadline of April 19th for anyone who wanted it to have access to it.