Attire & Accessories Forum

Opinions on this dress please?

I have come across this dress, tried it on and it feels good but I have no sense of style. This is the first time in my life that I’m dressing up for anything! 

I want class and elegance. I want my dress to be ‘timeless’ too, so I don’t look back in five years or 10 years and have to remind myself “that was just the fashion back then”. 

Please give me your honest opinions and I would really appreciate it. 

Re: Opinions on this dress please?

• The dress is gorgeous, but what matters is how it looks and feels on you. Style and fashion aren't nearly as important as feeling beautiful. 
  • I think it's gorgeous, but it is more important to see how you FEEL when you put it on.  Do you feel timeless and classic and elegant and pretty?  Do you think it is flattering when you look it in the mirror?  Are you excited to put in on again?  That's what means it's the right dress, in my opinion.  
  • Agree with PPs that it's gorgeous but how do you feel in it? I don't think it is trendy if that is what you mean. It does have a classic silhouette and lace is always classic but it depends on how you see yourself in it.
  • That's a beautiful dress. but the big question is how do you feel wearing it? Does it make you feel good, beautiful, elegant, classic, etc?

If it does, then keep considering it. Otherwise, look for a dress that makes you feel the way you want to feel when you wear it.
  • Remember, even the dress on the wedding cake toppers of old were once super fashion forward.  Fashion changes with time - that's just a reality.  Yes, there is timeless elegance and that's what you decide for it to mean.  Go with the dress you love the feel and look of on you!
  • It's gorgeous, and I think a simple silhouette in lace will always look good no matter what year it is. 

That said, I don't believe in feeling embarrassed about your wedding dress years later just because it was trendy or very much "of its time." Your dress is a reflection of when you got married and perhaps even who you were/what your style was when you got married. What matters most is that you feel beautiful in it now.

So if you want the "timeless" look and feel awesome in this dress, go for it, but if you try on something more "trendy" and like that better, there is nothing wrong with that either. 
  • Fashion always has a time stamp. The main question is how you look and feel in the dress. Are you confident? Do you think you will need to tug and pull at something? Can you sit, stand, and dance in it? Those are the things to consider.