Wedding Woes
Options

Make it a terrific TUESDAY

What's on tap today? 

Re: Make it a terrific TUESDAY

• Options
    Still waiting for H&M order to come. Or anything other than "still packing"  Guhh

I tried to make eggs this morning but they exploded in my microwave, so now I feel hungry and cranky :( Part of me is wanting to order food, but trying to watch money.
    Vastly annoyed.
    And I don't know what I'll do for lunch :(

Guhhhhhhh
  • Options
    update.
    Found granola. Will suffice
  • Options
    I had a broken night sleep. Had a power struggle with my 5yo right before bed and then 2yo woke up with random requests (wanted different pillow, night light turned different color and took forever to go back to sleep. I didn't even hear my alarm this morning and slept in. Texted everyone I was running late and rolled into work an hour late. Woops! I have my 2nd vaccine today too so I am leaving at lunch to grab a sandwich before I head to the clinic and then back to work.
  • Options
    Big wigs are coming to work, apparently to ask us how to improve morale. I dunno, maybe a raise and better staffing? It’s not rocket science. 

Anyways, SSDD otherwise. Hike tonight. I get my hair done tomorrow. The roots are starting to be a bit much. Tomorrow is going to be a marathon. I keep going back on forth on whether I should wake up early to workout tomorrow and Friday. But then I don’t want to be exhausted. FWP for sure. 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh good luck with the big wigs @levioosa

STBXH is driving me crazy. Trying to remain calm and keep the countdown in mind.  Work was too busy to post yesterday, but the weekend was nice.  The kids and I got a lot of gardening done.
  • Options
    Today is going to be a productive day, dammit. Work is crazy this week. I woke up before my alarm this morning and managed to have breakfast during my first (early AF) call. Our house cleaner comes this afternoon. I am ridiculously excited to have a clean house. 

Nothing much else going on. H and I started The Great on Hulu last night about Catherine the Great. It's kind of cute, but not fantastic. I feel like we're on such a tv lull lately. I should just read, but meh. 
  • Options
    Our coffee maker decided to suddenly short out this morning (blowing a fuse in the process) and I have been cranky ever since. It might be PMS though. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited April 2021
    Right @levioosa?  It’s kinda a no brianer. That, or at the very least, a candy wall.  Lol I remember someone who posted on here that they had a candy wall in the lobby and it could be filled with any candy your heart desired. 

I’ve been on hold for 1/2 hr with this lawn service I signed up for last week.  They were supposed to show up last week and didn’t.  It was signed up all on the app. So I called them yesterday and today and I don’t think they have anyone on the phones.  So then I used the app again to message my “account manager” and was like “is this a legit company?” Becuase knowing me, I could wait on them for 5 years before finding out they’re a scam. 

As it turns out it’s snowing now, and we’ll have frost the next 2 days so maybe I have some leeway here lol

• Options
    Our coffee maker decided to suddenly short out this morning (blowing a fuse in the process) and I have been cranky ever since. It might be PMS though. 
    Boo
    coffee house excuse!

• Options
    @MyNameIsNot I love a clean house and can't remember the last time ours was fully clean.  H and I have been talking about maybe adding a cleaner later this year.  I've never had one before.  How do you find one?  How often do they come? What kind of things do they do regularly and what do you do in between?  I have so many questions. 

I'm looking into an espresso machine because i've been spending way too much money at SB and I don't even really like SB that much but it's the only place that has a drive-through on my way to work.  Maybe will ask for that as a mothers day gift depending on how much we want to spend.  We haven' bought each other gifts in many years. 

Other than that, work is busy, kid is cute and funny, and weather is crappy (although i'm sure we'll still play outside before dinner no matter what).  I'm already ready for bed.

• Options
    @charlotte989875 lol they’ll probably give us a pizza party and call it a day. 

• Options
    pms and no coffee? Valid cranky
  • Options
    @levioosa, they wouldn't dare do something like that where I work.  Oooh, the novel I would write for them, lol.

@ei34, I'm sorry your STBXH is being frustrated.  Staying calm and focused on the future is a good strategy!

@MyNameIsNot, I watched The Great.  I liked it.  Hulu announced last year they would be doing a second season.  I think they've started filming it, but I don't think any kind of release date has been announced.

One thing I found startling was, when Hulu almost brags that the show is historically inaccurate, believe them!  I assumed at least some of the "from 50,000 feet up" basics of the real Catherine the Great's history would be true.  But no, lol.  Some names and facts here and there are real, but this is a totally fictionalized story.  I think I would have liked the show better if I'd realized that from the beginning instead of almost towards the end.  Now I'm wondering if Peter III is going to be killed.  Of course, the real Peter III was.  But he's such an integral part of this show that doesn't care about historical accuracy anyway, so maybe he doesn't!

A lot to get done!  Though not really at work, so I guess that is a good thing, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Casadena, I love our cleaner! We have a woman who runs her own business, not an employee of a larger company. We first found her a few years ago because she cleaned our then neighbor's house. We've used a few different cleaners over the years. I personally prefer to hire someone running their own business versus going with a company. 

She comes now about every 3 weeks and usually brings one extra person with her. She changes all the bedding, dusts, does the bathrooms and kitchen top to bottom, vacuums or sweeps and mops every room, cleans surfaces. With it being just the two of us, we don't really have to do much cleaning in the interim except for dishes and laundry. 
  • Options
    @levioosa, they wouldn't dare do something like that where I work.  Oooh, the novel I would write for them, lol.

@ei34, I'm sorry your STBXH is being frustrated.  Staying calm and focused on the future is a good strategy!

@MyNameIsNot, I watched The Great.  I liked it.  Hulu announced last year they would be doing a second season.  I think they've started filming it, but I don't think any kind of release date has been announced.

One thing I found startling was, when Hulu almost brags that the show is historically inaccurate, believe them!  I assumed at least some of the "from 50,000 feet up" basics of the real Catherine the Great's history would be true.  But no, lol.  Some names and facts here and there are real, but this is a totally fictionalized story.  I think I would have liked the show better if I'd realized that from the beginning instead of almost towards the end.  Now I'm wondering if Peter III is going to be killed.  Of course, the real Peter III was.  But he's such an integral part of this show that doesn't care about historical accuracy anyway, so maybe he doesn't!

A lot to get done!  Though not really at work, so I guess that is a good thing, lol.
    I think that's part of why I'm meh about it. I remember Catherine as being politically savvy and clever at using her position. She didn't become Russia's longest ruling woman by chance. We just started the show, but the character Catherine is an idiot. It's hard to imagine that they're going to paint the character anything like the real Catherine.  
  • Options
    It's supposed to snow today.  It will almost 80 a week from today.  I've had a headache almost every day due to this seesaw weather. 

I am lacking so much focus at work.  I'm just hitting such a wall.  There's nothing easy and everything feels like I'm having to go back and forth constantly in negotiation with people.  It's exhausting. 

I can't wait for my long weekend away next month and then more time off this summer.  

SSDD otherwise.  
  • Options
    It's insane at work but it's keeping me busy. 

We started watching Murder on Middle Beach which is a documentary on HBO Max and happens to be about a person who was killed about 10 years ago and 25 miles from where we live.  So far it's rather interesting and has the makings of an interesting story involving divorce, a husband who has shady business dealings and the deceased in a ponzi scheme. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT have you ever had your text messages linked to a cloud? I’m sorry you’re having such an awful year. 

• Options
    Damn @VarunaTT that’s awful. All the good vibes that authorities can help protect you. 
  • Options
    Work is busy- and I’m just not into it. Trying to decide if I apply to the job H sent me or stick it out here. I hate the timing of this but that’s always how it happens, right? 

Also my child hates sleep. 
    If you can find the time I would definitely apply!  You can say no up until the date they need an answer, you know?  Hope you get some sleep soon!!!!!!
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    @VarunaTT have you ever had your text messages linked to a cloud? I’m sorry you’re having such an awful year. 
    Yes.  However, I got a new phone back around Halloween and somehow didn't set up an automatic backup, which I discovered this past weekend.  I don't even know how/why that happened, but that's also about the time that K and I broke up and I was a hot mess of a person.  And I haven't really stopped being a hot mess of a person since then.  I did all of the work I could do to find them myself and basically got to the "you're going to have to root your phone" option.  That's a bit over my head and it can break your phone (they call it bricking it), which would mean the things I need would definitely be lost, so I didn't want to do that.  I'm just hoping nothing has been written over.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    Gosh so sorry to hear @VarunaTT, sending best vibes 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 urg I hate when tots go through phases of hating sleep :( Hopefully you get sleep asap!

@VarunaTT Urg awful :( Vibes you're safe!
  • Options
    Oh no @VarunaTT.  I hope you can find the information and that you're safe.  
  • Options
    I cannot stop laughing at this meme. 

• Options
    I'm so sorry @VarunaTT. Be safe!