Wedding Woes

Prudie Day!

Looking forward to Prudie later.  I have a 4pm meeting today - WWWHHHYYY to people do that.  I don't think you should be able to schedule meetings outside like 9-3. Weather is looking up today, it's sunny and chilly which is my fave.  What's up with everyone?

Re: Prudie Day!

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    I'm cold. That's pretty much all. 

My meeting beef is the other way. I have all these meetings in the morning, usually starting at 7:30 or 8. I don't understand how anyone expects me to know anything at before 9. To be fair, some of it is inevitable on a global team, but not all of it. 
  • I hit an exhaustion wall today. I’m tapped out. I messaged my boss and went back to sleep this morning. I think it’s 75% baby exhaustion and 25% allergies. I slept for another 2 hours this morning and I could have slept all day. 

Someone just cancelled a 4pm meeting today and I couldn’t be happier about it. 
  • I'm not a big podcast person, but I LOVE Jana Kramer and while i'm sad they couldn't work things out since that what she seemed to really want I think divorcing Mike is a better situation.  

Also it's SO HOT in my office today.  Only our maintenance person and the CEO's assistant have access to the controls and every time assistant is here she cranks the heat (it doesn't need to be 75 degrees inside) and then also doesn't order lunch for people like the CFO's assistant does.  I know that's a huge FWP, but since the pandemic the company has been awesome about mostly providing lunch for the ppl who come into the office since our cafeteria is closed.  She will order food for the Exec team and then any leftovers get put into the peasant kitchen around 2 *eye roll*.  
  • I also just had a 4pm meeting added for next week and I'm like wtf 
  • I saw the Jana Kramer news.  I'd known about her stuff in the periphery, but I didn't read the book or listen to the podcast. i just hope they can co-parent peacefully. 

Other podcast recs for this week: "In God We Lust" (it's about the Falwell/Liberty U scandals, and it's hosted by the Even the Rich ladies, whom I love)
    "The Improvement Association"-Serial Productions podcast, so of course it's really good since Serial and their production team invented the game. 

I've been effing around today.  We did order a rug and coffee table for our bonus room and a bookshelf for our foyer area.  I also ordered a super cute dress that I may wear to this wedding shower I'm going to this weekend.  We still need side tables, new ottomans, and a bench for our foyer.  

I'm so glad it's sunny and we're past the snow.  But it's still cold and windy today.  

SSDD.  Prudie soon.  

• Speaking of scheduling I found out an hour ago that Chiquita has a scrimmage at 9 AM Saturday and she has to be at the field at 8:30. 

So there goes sleeping in on Saturday and I am NOT making waffles! 

• @STARMOON44 idk what your plans are for croatia but this is my friend's airbnb. They are great people if you are going to be near there and need a place to stay.

https://instagram.com/apartments_lucija_novigrad?igshid=run9fnnnglzx

@m@mrsconn23 I love the Even the Rich ladies too! I will definitely listen to their new show!

Not much here. Bff came over this morning for coffee and kiddo playdate. If only DH wasn't so set on moving back to the states so we could move to australia when they do and foster this betrothal into reality. The kids are so cute together it melts our hearts.
  • All I feel is - welcome to Ontario. We are in a 3rd wave and our premier sucks. Experts say we're in free fall and I'm ready to flip shit.
  • @missJeanLouise that place is stunning! A group of us have chartered a boat for a week long cruise
  • @missJeanLouise that place is stunning! A group of us have chartered a boat for a week long cruise
    You are living my dream! I hope you have the absolute best time.
    You are living my dream! I hope you have the absolute best time.
    It worked out to $1600 per person including food and alcohol. Def not going to be an ultra luxury experience but so much more affordable than I would have imagined. 
  • @STARMOON44 idk what your plans are for croatia but this is my friend's airbnb. They are great people if you are going to be near there and need a place to stay.

https://instagram.com/apartments_lucija_novigrad?igshid=run9fnnnglzx

@m@mrsconn23 I love the Even the Rich ladies too! I will definitely listen to their new show!

Not much here. Bff came over this morning for coffee and kiddo playdate. If only DH wasn't so set on moving back to the states so we could move to australia when they do and foster this betrothal into reality. The kids are so cute together it melts our hearts.
    I might book a trip to Croatia just to stay there 
  • Forgot to mention yesterday, when I was with my friend she showed me her wedding dress for next month (a small, immediate family only type thing). And then she goes well it's just for the pictures anyway, we got legally married in December so I'd have the same last name as the baby on his birth certificate.  The good news is I don't think they're hiding it from anyone although I was a bit surprised to hear it and I'm sure social media will be full of pictures from the "wedding" .

I will say her dress was cute and it was $40-50 on Amazon! Obviously a more casual option but I looked online just for fun and definitely saw some I'd consider if I ever went down that road again (spoiler alert: I won't)
    Legit living my dream too.  I hear Croatia is safe and beautiful.  I see stops to some places in Croatia on the Greece crusies I eye from time to time and I’d love to check both off my list!

• All I feel is - welcome to Ontario. We are in a 3rd wave and our premier sucks. Experts say we're in free fall and I'm ready to flip shit.
    We get all the Ontario news here and I’m just so sorry for you all. My doctor is Canadian and was saying that Canada is basically an experiment in figuring out how far in between doses is still effective because there’s so much trouble with vaccine supply. It definitely all sucks. 
  • that's wonderful feedback @ei34 sounds like you really made a difference for this student - and I'm sure you do for others as well!
    We get all the Ontario news here and I’m just so sorry for you all. My doctor is Canadian and was saying that Canada is basically an experiment in figuring out how far in between doses is still effective because there’s so much trouble with vaccine supply. It definitely all sucks. 
    It's a fucking nightmare.
    Even with extended time, teachers would need to be vaccinated NOW to be safe and 2nd dosed by September.

I'm in phase 2, group 2 - essential worker but can mostly wfh but still no date.

Our fkn premier is gaslighting us.

It's so frustrating! Remember how bad Florida was? That's how it feels we are.
  • I’m dying for Friday to come. I think I finally reached my hiking threshold. Apparently 6 days straight is my limit. My body feels pretty fatigued. I think I might take tomorrow as a rest day and do an easy 30 min walk just to offset the dinner and drinks we’ll be doing. Tonight I’m getting a quick workout in followed by the joy that is house cleaning. I hope I can get to bed early. We’re doing dinner with FSIL and her FI on Friday, then Saturday they’re coming over after we hike to hang out. Sunday is our first family get together in over a year. Whew. I’m glad I have Monday off. 

Even with extended time, teachers would need to be vaccinated NOW to be safe and 2nd dosed by September.

I'm in phase 2, group 2 - essential worker but can mostly wfh but still no date.

My dad just got his first vaccine this week.  His second one is scheduled for August.  August!!!!  He's 71 and has pre-existing conditions.  What the heck!

I'm done with Ontario too, but my only other option is to up and move back to the Netherlands without hubby.  I'll keep dealing with this for his sake.  That and Netherlands has some troubles with vaccinating as well ....

• kerbohl said:
    All I feel is - welcome to Ontario. We are in a 3rd wave and our premier sucks. Experts say we're in free fall and I'm ready to flip shit.

My dad just got his first vaccine this week.  His second one is scheduled for August.  August!!!!  He's 71 and has pre-existing conditions.  What the heck!

I'm done with Ontario too, but my only other option is to up and move back to the Netherlands without hubby.  I'll keep dealing with this for his sake.  That and Netherlands has some troubles with vaccinating as well ....
    What the hell??  The rest of us will be getting boosters by that time.
  • I got my second vaccine Tuesday and ended up taking a sick day yesterday and did absolutely nothing all day, it was glorious! Lol I was just so tired and groggy yesterday. I woke up feeling completely renewed today though!

CharmedPam I listened to their podcast, that makes me sad too!

• kerbohl said:
    All I feel is - welcome to Ontario. We are in a 3rd wave and our premier sucks. Experts say we're in free fall and I'm ready to flip shit.

What happened? How did he get so backed up?
    All those over 55 in my family {both sides} are 1st round vax :\

Also lol at Ford croc tears Friday ...

I CLAIM VOLUNTEER AS YOUR SPOUSE TO MOVE TO NETHERLANDS!!!
  • MNNEBride said:
    kerbohl said:

What the hell??  The rest of us will be getting boosters by that time.
    OH IT HAS BEEN A SHIT SHOW!!!
  • kerbohl said:

What happened? How did he get so backed up?
    All those over 55 in my family {both sides} are 1st round vax :\

Also lol at Ford croc tears Friday ...

I CLAIM VOLUNTEER AS YOUR SPOUSE TO MOVE TO NETHERLANDS!!!
    We'd have so much fun!!!  

I think my parents were so confused as to when they were eligible, and then he finally went for his first but the second is months away.  My mom registered at the same time as him, and she still hasn't gotten her first.