Wedding Woes

MONDAY

How was the weekend for everyone? Ended up not getting all of the rain we expected so had more outside time. I think this was the first weekend in forever I didn't leave the house - no grocery store, take out, whatever. It felt a little weird. 

Re: MONDAY

• I just sat here and though "hmmm I haven't had a bunch of pop ups for emails this morning, what's going on".   Never actually opened my Outlook on my computer - ooops!!!
  • Weekend was nice! We got our resident pass for our town beach & took baby M for a walk near the water. It was chilly but he was super into the seagulls and the construction trucks that were dredging the boat launch. We started sleep training which was awful for us but seems to be working. He’s gotten more sleep in the last two nights than he has in months. So did we. 

Yesterday I got out for a long run and I am feeling it today! 9 miles used to be easy for me, but it was a struggle yesterday. 
  • Sushi and Shows sounds like a perfect evening to me @climbingsingle !

Nothing about 9 miles sounds easy to me @charlotte989875

Weekend was just okay. Friday H twisted his ankle while on the playground with the kids. We just laid low all weekend since he was trying to ice and keep off it as much as possible. My 5yo had swim class Saturday morning and we had a playdate with my college friend Sunday. Other than that just a lot of cooking, cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping.

• amazing run @charlotte989875  I'm sad I never really got to run after B was born. He had no interest in staying in the stroller and I wasn't able to leave him with H so I fell off the running wagon and when I've tried again my knees just hurt too much. 
  • kvruns said:
    amazing run @charlotte989875  I'm sad I never really got to run after B was born. He had no interest in staying in the stroller and I wasn't able to leave him with H so I fell off the running wagon and when I've tried again my knees just hurt too much. 
    I’m so lucky that M loves the running the stroller! For a long run like that he stays with H but for 3-4 miles he’ll stick with me. He loves looking around. I’m not sure how long it will last but I’m thankful for it now! 
  • How long did you have to listen to the mice @banana468? I can deal with a lot of outdoor creatures but I can’t deal with mice. I once lived in an apartment in the city with an infestation and it was awful. Thinking about it still makes my skin crawl. 
  • How long did you have to listen to the mice @banana468? I can deal with a lot of outdoor creatures but I can’t deal with mice. I once lived in an apartment in the city with an infestation and it was awful. Thinking about it still makes my skin crawl. 
    We're in an area with tons of trees.  Mice sort of come with the territory especially if you park your car outside and you'll see them in garages too.    

I heard them for a good half hour and started hitting the car from the inside.  People at the park may have thought I was losing my mind. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2021
    It was an okay weekend, but I was feeling out of sorts.  Part stress, part didn't feel well.  Some of the power went out on the tenant side of our duplex.  Sunday was supposed to be a day to stay home and not go anywhere but, instead, we went out to Home Depot to try and fix the problem.  And, since we were out anyway, we also stopped at Costco for a grocery run.  

When we got back home, my H replaced the circuit breaker for the line that was no longer working.  But, alas, that did not fix the problem.  We have our electrician coming out this morning.

I slept in too late on Sunday and then took a nap in the afternoon.  Which meant that then I could not get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning!  I think I need a coffee IV hooked straight up to my vein, lol.  I have a few important things to get done today and one tonight.  I am determined to power through and get them all done, even though I can barely keep my eyes open, lol!

Edited to add:  On the plus side, I'm looking forward to my meals today!  For breakfast, I have egg bites with gouda cheese and a peaches and cream protein drink.  For lunch, I have leftover breaded pork chops and mashed potatoes from going out to lunch with my coworker on Thurs.  It was so delicious, but a large portion size, so I purposefully only ate half.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @banana468 I hope your little friends have moved on now. 

We had a good weekend. DH and I both got massages. Mine was so-so but they were cheap so I can't complain too much. 

Today DS and I spent the morning at the pool. It was amazing until I was packing up the bag to leave and DS rolled off the sun lounger. He has a pretty big bump in the middle of his forehead, poor guy.
  • @MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry it was such a hard weekend for you, with the anniversary of your dad's passing.  That's extra rough you and your mom couldn't be together.  A stuffie zoo for BK sounds really cute.  Our dog Izzy loves little stuffed animals and we call them stuffies also.  We purposely chose a generic name to describe that type of toy so that, as she occasionally destroys them, she doesn't have to learn new words, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That zoo is so cute!
  • Weekend was alright.  Friday was pretty low-key.  We watched the first episode of The Mare of Easttown.  

Worked Saturday.  FIL took DefConn for the night at the last minute, so DH and I got in a date. 

Sunday, went to a wedding shower for my mom's bff's son. My sisters were there too and we had a good time. 

Tired today.  We stayed up too late last night. 

• Bah - Chiquita's a close contact of a Covid + student.  We're getting her tested and she is going to be home until next Tues. 
  • short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited April 2021
    Procrastination strikes again and cost me $35.  Dang it, lol!  Today was the last day for my pre-licensing exam for the Life/Health Insurance.

I took the official practice exam.  It's timed and everything.  I have to pass it with a 70% for the course to be completed (required to get my license).  I did!  But...eeekkk...barely.  I literally scored 70%.  Throughout my studies, I have been surprised that it's been much harder then I was expecting.  I initially thought I could just read through all the material once and pass it with flying colors.  That was all I've done, so far, and hoped it would be good enough.  But I am not surprised I need to study and memorize some of my weaker sections better.

At any rate, even though I passed, it was way too close for me to feel confident in sitting for the real exam.  It was $35 to get another 30 days, so I decided it was wise to cough up the money and get more time.  I just want to get more solid and confident in areas I scored more poorly on.  The course does have a nice feature where I can also take targeted practice exams that are basically "this is what you especially sucked at, so we are going heavy on those questions", lol.

At first I was horrified to learn Louisiana allows 2 hours and 40 minutes to take the test.  But, as it turns out, that is way overkill to give people as much time as they might possibly need.  I finished it in 65 minutes and it would have been even faster if I'd had fewer questions I was shaky on and didn't "hem and haw" over. 

Edited to add my gripes.

While, overall, I found the practice exam helpful.  It did have two major screw ups that I was side-eying hard:

There was one question I was asked three times.  The identical question.  I got it right, but still.

There was one question that asked which statement was true about HIPAA, but the multiple choice answers were actually about COBRA.  WTF.  Are you kidding me?  I wasn't even sure how to answer it, lol.  Then it occurred to me that, "Well, I guess the best way to answer it is pretend the question said COBRA instead of HIPAA."  That worked.  I mean, what else was I going to do.  Three of the statements were obviously wrong about COBRA, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    @MissKittyDanger the zoo is so cute!
    Omg the mice @banana468 !
    The time spent with family on Saturday was just what I needed.  Had a zoom with my lawyer on my lunch break- I misunderstood the dissolution of marriage timeline from our last zoom so I’m a touch bummed out.   But we’re trying to draft something stating that even if H doesn’t have to move out until we’re officially divorced in 6-9 mos, the kids and I may be able to move in with my parents in the interim.  

• sorry to hear about the weekend @MissKittyDanger that has to be rough on a normal year and even more so in lockdown
  • @ei34 are you planning to stay in the house - minus a potential moveout until it is all settled? 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2021
    I gave myself a to-do list each day and accomplished most of it, but it was stuff that is "you have to do this b/c you need clean underwear and food" type things.  I did go out last evening and spend time with friends on the patio.  I even did my makeup, hair, and nails.  I needed to feel pretty and be able to smile and I was for a bit.  The darkness and burden was back today, but I'm making it through it. 

This week has some pretty big steps forward: my phone is being shipped off to a forensic company for recovery so I bought a pre-paid one to pick up this evening; I meet with my attorney on Wednesday and a deposition on Thursday.  Then just more waiting for a few weeks.  I hope this person is absolutely destroyed by my attorney in their deposition and I don't have one shred of guilt about feeling that way.  I've had two people make me nearly jump out of my skin at work, so it's obvious my nerves are completely shot, but I just have to keep going.

The new Mortal Kombat is SO BAD, you guys.  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.  Bad fight choreography, bad story, bad Sonya, THEY DID A BAD SOUNDTRACK....I was so mad I went and watched the old one again to forget about the new one.  The opening fight sequence is awesome, but everything else was terrible, just terrible.

• My shoulder was hurting last week, but not too bad, I think I just pulled it a bit. Then I climbed a tree on Saturday and it was awful!  I couldn't sleep Saturday night because it hurt so bad!  And then as Sunday wore on it started feeling better, so I don't know what's going on with it.  It feels okay today, I'm just not going to do any heavy lifting or tree climbing for a bit.

Went for a nice long walk on Saturday and painted some baseboards for my bathroom.  The reno should be done tomorrow and I can shower again!  And did nothing Sunday - I was grumpy from my shoulder hurting.

• ei34 said:
    ei34 said:
    kvruns said:
    @ei34 are you planning to stay in the house - minus a potential moveout until it is all settled? 
    I’m planning on staying in our current home with the kids post divorce.  Over the summer we actually had to sell our marital home thanks to STBXH but I’m happy with the home I’m renting. There’s like a whole story I will eventually share that led me filing, it’s just a lot right now.  But I’d like to stay in my new home and not have to move again.  
    In light of this, it certainly makes a lot more sense for you to stay in the current home since you will have custody of the children.  He is a STB single guy, who can go rent a studio or 1-bed apartment.

Since there isn't a house to be considered in the divorce, it's too bad he hasn't already left.  
    Girl. 🙄😒
    OMG  you're reminding me of one of my best friends.  She's been trying to get her STBXH to GTFO and it's a damn  nightmare. The original plan and preliminary order was to get the house ready to sell and put it on the market this summer.  But due to the market fluctuation, she's hoping he'll take, or she can get an amended order, to give him a cash out offer and stay in the house for now since the market for buying or renting is utterly ridic right now.  He has somewhere else to live.  The house is in her name only because his credit is so awful. 

I'm praying a judge hands his ass to him because my friend has been doing everything ordered and then some and he's done fuck-all to move toward moving out and ending this.  I am the only person right now that she can talk to about all this back and forth and whatnot (her parents are super blame-y because they've hated him forever.  I also hate him (always have), but she needs an ear, not judgement). 

She keeps trying to offer him settlements and get a legally enforceable date on the calendar for him to move out.  He and his lawyer are dicking around so hard.  They have a court date set, but she just wants him to go...like yesterday.  

It's exhausting to hear about, but I cannot imagine living it.  It has to be easier to get someone the hell out once proceedings have started.  It's not fair, especially with kids involved, that this has to go on for months at a time. 
  • @mrsconn23 what a mess for your friend!  Does the STBX have a claim to the house even though it is just in her name, like it is a marrital asset or is it 100% hers through a prenup and he's just refusing to vacate