Wedding Woes

Pfriday!

Dose # 2 in the books!

I told my brother that after shot #1 I felt like I got punched in the arm. 

Today roughly 15 hours after #2 I feel like I got punched in the arm and rode a horse.   I'm glad that I WFH on a desk job.  I am planning a whole lot of NOTHING. 

Re: Pfriday!

• Found out yesterday that in like 2 weeks MAX I can schedule my vax and in 3 ish weeks, M can book his vax :) 

They're trying to get anyone who wants a vax is able to book by end of May. Will we get in May? Who knows.
    My boss got AZ other day and said she felt like absolute hell. So M & I are definitely booking separately in case. Idk what we're getting, but idgaf GIVE ME A SHOT!!!
  • We're starting to open up in CT and also have the "No appointment needed" depending on the location you go to.

I want a cookie.  
  • I never got a cookie with mine :(

So glad it’s Friday! Bring. On. The. Weekend. I was supposed to wfh since eveyone else was and no point in opening our office for 2 of us...but my admin told me yesterday that our boss sounded like he wanted us in. So I’m in.  Both of us are thinkingol of wfh in the afternoon though.  

Anyone know the rules with cdc and work?  Can we let someone come back to our office who did the quarantine (or so they say) and is past all the covid symptoms they had...but still testing postive on covid tests?

• I got on waitlist for vax! :)

I did say yes if they say if I can be there in an hour. I will just run my ass to the bus stop. If I have to, I could see if M could pick me up.

So glad it’s Friday! Bring. On. The. Weekend. I was supposed to wfh since eveyone else was and no point in opening our office for 2 of us...but my admin told me yesterday that our boss sounded like he wanted us in. So I’m in.  Both of us are thinkingol of wfh in the afternoon though.  

Anyone know the rules with cdc and work?  Can we let someone come back to our office who did the quarantine (or so they say) and is past all the covid symptoms they had...but still testing postive on covid tests?
    I think if repeated PCR tests are getting a positive diagnosis you stay out.  
  • Lots of walk-in vaxxing here.  I am getting my second pfizer next week. 

I have just ordered 6 swimsuits from Amazon.  I'm hoping a couple work.   I did order some that I probably wouldn't have considered previously.  I'm hoping to keep one cute one and one sportier one.  

Tired today since we stayed up watching all of the 1st round of the draft. DH is so sad they weren't invited this year.  But it's Cleveland, so...really not missing much, IMO.  Ha.  

Tonight, we're just having a quiet night.  DH and I cannot decide what we're going to order for dinner. 

Tomorrow, I think I'm going to get a pedicure.  We're going to dad's for dinner as it's one year since mom passed. My aunt and uncle are going to be there, which I am so excited about.  

Sunday, it's going to be sunny and almost 80.  If some of my new suits arrive and any of them work, I may put it on and get some sun.  If not, I still plan on being outside as much as possible.  

I do need to pop in to Hallmark to get some cards for my sisters for Mother's Day before they're all picked over.  

Yes you can:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

in most normal cases the CDC recommends 10 days since first symptom/test, so long as you are 24 hours fever free and other symptoms are improving. 
  • Yesterday my city was like “no appointments needed vaccines available on the pedestrian plaza 4-7, free cookie with vaccine.”  Such a rapid change I hope other places catch up soon!
    That has been widely advertised in my area also.  Unfortunately without the cookies, lol.

Ochsner (big local medical company) set up a vaccine table at the last Pelicans home game.  Anyone at the game could walk up and get a shot.  They will be doing the same thing for four more home games in May and posted which ones.

One of the big vaccination sites in NOLA is at our convention center.  On Wednesday, they are having a big job fair at the convention center.  There has been joint advertising encouragement that, if you're going to the job fair, walk-in to get your vaccine shot at the same time.

I love these ideas of "going to where the people are".  I'm sure there are people out there who have been saying, "Yeah, I should go get the vaccine.  I'll get around to it."  But when it is right there in your face and so easy, I think that will help prod people.  No going online to make an appointment, figuring out a good/day time, and then following up with a special trip  Instead, just walk up to a table for an event you are at anyway and get the shot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I actually was offered cookies at my Jan and Feb vaccines 😎 
    Weekend will be a mix of errands, kids’ games and hopefully some down time. 
  • Also no cookies with my vaccines. Sadly. 

It’s cold and gray here today. H and I had a thing with sleep training last night. I’m super sensitive to him being short + rude even when I know he doesn’t mean it. We talked it out but still a bummer. 

He’s going to camp tomorrow for the day (I insisted he come back for bedtime so I don’t have to do the sleep training by myself) but baby M and I are going on search of adventures tomorrow. Really will probably just being going to look at birds at the beach. 
  • Jstump2 said:
    I spur of the moment sent my resume over for a job I saw posted on linked in yesterday. It's a company in my industry that I know a few people at and they all really like working there. I got an email back and have a phone interview today. I am not unhappy at my current job persay but I have long suspected I am underpaid and am curious to see what else is out there. This would also be closer to the area that we are looking to move eventually.
    Good luck!  It's nice you already know people who work there.  One of the things that has always held me back from looking for greener...and better paying...pastures, is I'm scared of ending up somewhere with a toxic work environment.  Been there!  And it is misery.  There are a lot of things I don't like about my current employer, on a company-wide level.  But my work environment is great.

Plus current employees who can give you good references should give you an edge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am home today.  I woke up at 4 am and was pretty violently ill.  I feel like poop; I suspect it's all stress related.  I just booked a float spa for this evening to try and get my body to relax.  I continuously feel like I'm have to unclench my jaw and shoulders.  Now that hopefully the drama in my life has subsided, I want to get myself back on track.

My kayaking partner is calling to check the water levels to see if we can still float tomorrow.  That much water time should have me feeling a lot better.  And it's supposed to be clear and hot, which is perfect floating weather.  When I feel like moving a bit, I'll have to check expiration dates on sunscreen and bug spray and pull down my float bag.  I'm hoping it's not too high and fast.  Otherwise, no big plans.
  • I'm getting a COVID test tomorrow morning, first one yet.  Woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible sore throat and blocked sinuses.  My allergies have been bad so I am very confident that it's just symptoms of that, but you never know,  And since it's during our busy time and i've been in the office a lot, boss and I agreed I wouldn't work in office til I have results.  

I really want to take a nap, I'm tired but have a call at 12:30ish that I need to get through first. 

Yes you can:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

in most normal cases the CDC recommends 10 days since first symptom/test, so long as you are 24 hours fever free and other symptoms are improving. 
    This is correct. Some people test positive on PCR testing for weeks or even months, but that doesn’t mean they’re still infectious. That’s why they reverted to the ten days after symptom onset (with improvement in symptoms and fever free for 24 hours) or ten days after asymptomatic but positive test (as long as you never developed symptoms during that time, then the ten days starts over). 

• levioosa said:
    I never got a cookie with mine :(

Yes you can:

This is correct. Some people test positive on PCR testing for weeks or even months, but that doesn’t mean they’re still infectious. That’s why they reverted to the ten days after symptom onset (with improvement in symptoms and fever free for 24 hours) or ten days after asymptomatic but positive test (as long as you never developed symptoms during that time, then the ten days starts over). 
    Right but is it illegal to tell someone they can’t come back unless they test negative?

• levioosa said:

Yes you can:

Right but is it illegal to tell someone they can’t come back unless they test negative?
    It could be discrimination on the basis of perceived disability. 
  • It's Derby Day tomorrow!  I am excited - I'm cheering for Soup and Sandwich, Known Agenda, and King Fury.  I have no idea where we will watch it though.  Usually we go to a bar for a drink while we watch the race, but Ontario is still in lockdown.  I joked that we should find a house that has cable and watch forlornly through the window when the race is on.  

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    levioosa said:

Yes you can:

@CharmedPam is it a job that can be done remotely? If yes then the best course of action would be allowing the person to work remotely as a reasonable accommodation under the ADA. If the job cannot be done remotely and they won't let the person come back in then I could see that employee filing a law suit (if they wanted to) since they are willing and able to work and the CDC guidance says it is OK to return but the employer won't let them.

Alternatively the employer could continue to pay the employee either using FFCRA or other leave policy since it is the employer saying not to return. Not quite the same but this question came up a ton last year when employers had an employee with a spouse who had an exposure but who hadn't tested positive or shown symptoms but the employer didn't want the employee to go to work even though the employee wasn't subject to quarantine order. The conservative approach was to pay the employee for that period of time since the employer was the one saying to not come in