Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Work is trying to kill me.  I'm trying to shuffle some things around with the authority I have, but I always ultimately have to have the managing partner approve it and that's the stumbling block.  

I have therapy today.  Also, I bought a new ear cuff that I was taking a picture of.  When I looked at the picture, my normal shaved side of my head that is way too long right now (haircut tomorrow)....seems to be turning salt and pepper?!?!  I then went and plucked a few hairs and I'm definitely starting with the gray.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It's not negative, but it is kind of a whoa, whut?

Also, I commented to the lady.  She responded with, "You're so sweet."  If this wasn't a queer flirtation, I'd be all...yep, not interested.  But queer women are notorious for not recognizing flirtation, so I'm all I'M FLIRTING WITH YOU DAMMIT.  Also, I told someone else, I can't even make a solid commitment to a shaving club subscription right now, so IDK why I'm even trying.  And I still want to stay single until November, but I also just need more socializing in general.  So, I'll just start commenting more and we'll see how things develop.

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    I'm back after my weekend in MI.  It was a good time.  I definitely want to return with DH.   Southwest MI is such a fun place to visit. 

I did get either food poisoning or a bad gut on Sunday night.  I was up all night and it was awful. Thankfully, the drive was only a little over 3 hours yesterday.  I'm still a little tired today.  

The school year ends next week.  I can't believe it.  I am ready for a summer schedule of getting up just in time to log-in for work.  LOL 

Back to the grind. Work can't seem to slow down.  Plus, someone just retired on Friday.  No idea what they're going to do about that position.  
  • Options
    M is pissed - for good reason.

They were suppose to open up the vaccine to 30+ but they opted to do 18+ and our roll out and supply have been AWFUL.
    So he didn't get booked.

He's trying again later/tomorrow.

We're going to talk to family about BK's bday party and we're not doing weekend we anticipated because of lock down, but we're going to ask how they feel because other than M - and obv BK - have their vax.
    M works fully from home, so we'll see.

Personally I don't see it being an issue with my mum, her bf, MIL and SFIL but idk how BIL/SIL will feel.
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger we went through a similar issue here in state.   We were supposed to be in the over 35 group and then it was the over 18 group.  It took a few days but I was lucky and got my first a week after they opened it up. 

The backs of my legs are SO SORE from all the planting I did Sunday.  I am thrilled with the results of the garden and just need to keep moving my legs.  I did another 30 minute ride this morning so I refuse to let this get me down but I was hoping that my regular work outs would make my legs hurt less this year and....they hurt the same.

• Options
    @banana468 they may hurt the same but I bet your recovery time is less. 
  • Options
    @banana468 they may hurt the same but I bet your recovery time is less. 
    I hope so!  Either way I'll embrace this for what it is.  I don't like it but will at least try to feel like I'm doing something good.  I can tell that the core workouts I'm doing are paying off since I can keep up with what was difficult for me in February. 

Good news about your BIL! 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorry about the GI troubles @mrsconn23   Yay for the seeing of the friends @Casadena
    A lot of my students have been off the walls.  I think it’s the warm weather.  Or maybe just a different kind of year.  We have a way to go guys, please bring it down a notch.  

I watched a TED talk I really enjoyed - Sally Kohn, Culture of Hate.  If you have 17 minutes I recommend it.  If this is a super well known talk that you’ve already seen I apologize for being late to the party, lol. 

@sh@"short+sassy" and @CharmedPam, hope you’re enjoying your trip! 
  • Options
    @banana468 right now the supply is all booked for. I've got M on waitlist at 2 pharmacies

@missJeanLouise May 28th - but lock down is until June 2nd, so earliest her bday party will be June 5th {assuming lock down ends then}
  • Options
    I’m in a weekly meeting where we’re literally saying the exact same thing that was said last week and I have very little patience for that today. 
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise That will be a year anniversary of being single.  I've never really been single since I was 23.  When I moved out from exH, I was single for about a month (technically, I said I'd been single with a crappy roommate for 3-4 years) before I started dating K.  I think I need to learn to take care of myself, for myself, and my own needs/health before I add another person to my equation.

My work bully just struck again and I am tired of this, y'all.  We happened to be walking to the same office, in the same hallway, but bully turned into the office before me, so didn't realize I was right behind her.  She starts saying (back to me), "I hate that bitch every time I have to pass her, I don't even know why they keep her, it pisses me off that she's just still existing on this earth, breathing."  This wasn't quietly either and at least one other CW heard it.  I waited, bully turned around, and saw me and walked quickly off.  She had her mask on, so I couldn't see her face.  But I've already been to both managers.  This is complete and utter bullshit and I shouldn't have to deal with her bullshit at all, much less to this point.  I also told managers I would NOT sit in another meeting with her, since last time they all let her call me a bully, dark-hearted, and some other choice terms directly to my face and they did nothing that time either.  I also said I wanted her fired, but I'm more compassionate than that, so I'd agree to whatever disciplinary action they chose, but I expected that action.  We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    WTF @VarunaTT.  That is absolute bullshit and she should be fired ASAP.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.  Fingers crossed it's resolved for you soon. 
  • Options
    That’s absolute bullshit @VarunaTT

• Options
    I hope you are job searching @VarunaTT!
  • Options
    @kerbohl oh agreed! I honestly figured they'd end it after long weekend, but alas ....
    We've skirted the rules a tad, but it's no one we see outside of lock down so :\ 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT wtf that's harassment! Hopefully they deal with your work bully. Unacceptable.
  • Options
    Damn @VarunaTT I agree are you job searching and how in the world does she still have a job there??
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @kerbohl oh agreed! I honestly figured they'd end it after long weekend, but alas ....
    We've skirted the rules a tad, but it's no one we see outside of lock down so :\ 
    I skirt the rules with my parents.  We got for walks and what-not, or I help my dad with stuff or he helps me with stuff outside.  Some people are really quick to report multiple vehicles though.
    I was hoping after the long weekend too.  No luck!

• Options
    @VarunaTT - I have no idea why your co-irker has not been fired for that kind of disrespect.  They are creating a hostile work environment.