Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

Dropped G off at school and picked up a Starbucks order - they made an extra set of bacon/egg bites, so I got those as well!  Yay!  Hopefully the rest of this day will be that good :)

Re: Friday

• Options
    Happy FriYay! 

It's rainy and humid here.  We have a guy coming to add some outlets in the garage this morning. 

Tonight is nephews HS graduation.  Holy Cow, how did he get so old?  He's 6'6"! 

Tomorrow morning DH takes the car in for a tire rotation and in the afternoon we have a memorial reception for my BFF's step dad. 

Sunday, I'm leading some things in both worship services and then it'll be catch up and get ready for the work week. 

I need more weekend!
  • Options
    Happy Friday! 

DH offered to take the family out for a surprise family dinner at a local seafood place.  It's the kind with picnic table seating both in and outside and that hot lobster roll was delicious!  We walked to the marina (the businesses are next door) to see that our boat isn't in the water yet but looks like it's in line to be worked on so fingers are crossed that a Memorial Day ride is in our future.   We ended with a trip to DQ. 

Trying to put out fires today at work and then tomorrow is a BUSY day with kid stuff.  Chiquita has a soccer game, Chiquito has baseball pictures that overlap the soccer game time and then Chiquito has a baseball game and DH has his cousin's wedding.  It's going to be a busy time but by afternoon I think we'll be back home where I'm hoping to catch up on the house cleaning that I've neglected and could treat the kids for ice cream and a walk on the boardwalk if the weather holds and DH looks like he isn't coming home for a while. 
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Taking an easy day today. Work was busy this week, had 2 client presentations and also a larger webinar the past 2 days so I'm burnt out. Currently I'm sitting outside in the sun, listing to Taylor's Swift's debut album from a long time ago. The sun reflecting makes it hard to see but I don't care. 
  • Options
    So I made the decision to pay off the loan next week when I get an extra deposit.

Idk if anyone else is having issues, but my allergies past couple days are absolutely insane.
    Unfortunately I'm out of allergy meds until tonight with grocery pick up, so that's fun.

Idk if it's cats or pollen or both, but I have to change our bedding. I woke up and my neck was so itchy. I had to really wash it to get it to calm even a bit.

M got his vax. He's sore and tired today, but otherwise good.

We're visiting my mum tomorrow for a bit. She offered to take BK for the night. Not that we can do much, but I think we'll probably start the stones in our yard. Or at least move them to our yard.
  • Options
    Back at work today. No real plans for the weekend beyond some hikes and house things. 

I’m a little annoyed with the B party. FSIL B reached out to the group message between us and the other BM last night saying she was going to reach out to people to invite them (same day). So I quickly sent her a private text reminding her that FBIL B’s GF isn’t invited before she reached out and invited them both. She made the whole situation so much more complicated than it needed to be. She already knows GF isn’t invited to the wedding. So why would she be invited to the B party? We don’t need “to chat about it.” It is what it is and it sucks but it has to be that way. No one wants her there and I don’t want them together at my home. I’m barely okay with FBIL B being there but that’s a battle I won’t win so I’m not even going to try. I don’t know why weddings become so complicated. Granted this isn’t a usual situation but everything else has been blown up when honestly it could be so much smoother. Weddings make everyone lose their minds. 

• Options
    Still hot and humid here, but at least there’s a breeze? 

Tomorrow is our anniversary. We don’t really have plans. Well probably take the baby out for a walk in the woods and my Mom offered to watch him for a bit if we want to sneak out for dinner. Low key, 6 years, pandemic. 
    I say this any time it's hot and there's a slight breeze lmao
    There is an ongoing joke that I must find something positive in everything.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    So cute @MissKittyDanger
    Happy anniversary @charlotte989875
    Backyard birthday party for my cousin’s son tomorrow and my parents’ pool on Sunday (it’ll be close to 90!) are on tap this weekend.  
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary @charlotte989875
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @charlotte989875!

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger I need an adult version of that 2nd one!
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @MissKittyDanger I need an adult version of that 2nd one!
    The flowers? Same lol!
    If it was old navy, I know they would have an option but it's one of those we got 2nd hand and no tags lmao!
  • Options
    For the podcast listeners, Dr. Jen Gunter has started her own podcast, Body Stuff with Jen Gunter.  I already love her, but the first episode is already so interesting, it's about dehydration myths.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary @charlotte989875!

I feel like we need a hidden camera to see this hot vet and to confirm you don't actually act like you need to be committed, @STARMOON44.  LOL

Friday, blerg.  I have been tired all week.  I have to be up tomorrow to go to my nephew's baseball game.  Maybe I'll sleep in Sunday. 

Tomorrow is scout graduation.  DH is camping with DefConn, but I'll come back home after dinner.  It's all in town.  

Sunday, I think we're planning a chill day at home.  It's going to be hot, so we may drag out our little blow-up pool to cool off. We also have some buncha balloons.  I wish we could take the boat out, but we haven't taken the cover off or gotten it ready for the season.  We may do that Sunday. 

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    For the podcast listeners, Dr. Jen Gunter has started her own podcast, Body Stuff with Jen Gunter.  I already love her, but the first episode is already so interesting, it's about dehydration myths.
    I LOVE her on Twitter, thanks for letting us know!! 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, Happy Anniversary! Ours is this weekend, too, on Sunday. 12 years!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go for a hike in the morning before it gets too hot. Then we have dinner reservations at a fancy place tomorrow night. Sunday will probably splurge and order breakfast delivery for breakfast in bed with mimosas. Then have to work for a couple of hours in the afternoon and watching a game that night. 

My biggest annoyance right now is that laundry detergent is on an auto-order thing an is supposed to come in Monday. Except I'm out of detergent now. So do I buy a container just to run 2 loads this weekend, or do I just procrastinate all the laundry until Monday? FWP. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, Happy Anniversary! Ours is this weekend, too, on Sunday. 12 years!

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go for a hike in the morning before it gets too hot. Then we have dinner reservations at a fancy place tomorrow night. Sunday will probably splurge and order breakfast delivery for breakfast in bed with mimosas. Then have to work for a couple of hours in the afternoon and watching a game that night. 

My biggest annoyance right now is that laundry detergent is on an auto-order thing an is supposed to come in Monday. Except I'm out of detergent now. So do I buy a container just to run 2 loads this weekend, or do I just procrastinate all the laundry until Monday? FWP. 
    OMG I'd need to go get some now...but I also have dirty kids and uniforms to wash almost every other day.  We need to always have a supply of dish soap, laundry detergent, lysol and paper towels in this house.  
  • Options
    banana468 said:

OMG I'd need to go get some now...but I also have dirty kids and uniforms to wash almost every other day.  We need to always have a supply of dish soap, laundry detergent, lysol and paper towels in this house.  
    Normally I'm ahead of the game with stocking up and auto orders, but somehow this one eluded me. With just two WFH adults, we really only do 2 loads a week, so it's mostly just a minor irritation.