Wedding Woes
Options

Memorial Day Monday

I hope most of you are still enjoying your long weekend.  But since I'm stuck at work, I started the posting!

It might not be a holiday for me, but it is for the client I support.  I can already see it is going to be a slooowww day, lol.

I had a good/bad weekend.  Friday was great.  I came home from work and found out my H didn't have just ONE phone interview that morning, he had two!  He said he thinks they both went well (fingers crossed).  I went to the bank to transfer the "free" cash advance from my BofA 'cc (it had to go to my checking account first) to my HELOC.  So gratifying to pay a big chunk down, so I'm ignoring it comes from a 'cc that needs to be paid bank 14 months from now, lol.  That evening, I went over to have wine and cheese with my neighbor.  She's been working out of town for months and we had a lot of fun catching up.

My H and I had a great brunch (mystery shop) on Saturday and then went to Sam's Club.  Unfortunately, we got into a big fight (rare) later that day.  But, a few hours later and once we cooled off, we had a productive discussion about what we can each do to have an even better relationship.  In a way, I guess it turned out to be a good thing we fought so we could hash things out.  But it just put a damper on most of the day.   

Sunday was back to great, though I didn't do anything but relax.  That was what made it great, lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Memorial Day Monday

• Options
    Not a long weekend for me, that was week before.

Who let my kid be 3! Dislike.
    She's had an attitude all weekend, but also skipped nap. She may be dropping it, but I don't think her body is ready. She was cool just chilling in her bed over "nap" at least
  • Options
    @MissKityDanger, happy birthday to BabyKitty.  She is so big now!

@Jen4948, your virtual play sounds fun!  I'm sorry to hear about Grayson.  I hope he heals well and as quickly as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy lol right!? BK wouldn't let us hold the water and had to do solo. Like ma'am, who let you be grown!?
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2021
    Hoping your day speeds up for you @short+sassy
    @Jen4948, Grayson is so young to go through all that, poor kiddo
    @MissKittyDanger, she is getting big! Such a cutie.  I love her kid capris, I live in those during the summer lol. I’d wear her outfit.

Super low key weekend.  Friday I saw the Zak Bagans demon house documentary, Saturday was oil change, rotation, clean my car in and out.  It needed it so bad.  Plus a nice house cleaning. M and I went to a Sistine Chapel exhibit and it turned out to not be what we thought it was. Still pretty cool but I paid $26.50 to
    Walk around and view parts of the ceiling on a large canvas.  Then we did dinner and ice cream.
    sunday we jammed at home and grilled out.  The grocery store near me, which labels themselves as a “farmers market” more than a grocery store has some unique items.  They have pre formed/seasoned gourmet burgers that are so amazing.  At $2.27/patty I’d rather grill those at home than go out to a restaurant for a burger.  This place doesn’t have great sides though, I have another market for that.  LOL. But I didn’t feel like grocery shopping all day, despite us really having the time to. It was still a great meal.  Finished off with my fave ice cream, cherry garcia.
    Diet starts tomorrow. 

• Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @Jen4948 That sucks!  Getting to be home and then having to go straight back to the hospital.  I hope it is a short hospital stay this time.

@short+sassy I hate those fights - I mean, good to clear the air, but I feel the same way that they put a damper on the day.  

No holiday here, but it's quiet at work since we have mostly American clients.  I'm not complaining!  Also, very happy that it got cooler again and that we got rain.  It was too early to be turning on the AC!  But then we turned on the furnace instead, so .... sort of didn't win there.

We had virtual bookclub last night and discussed "The Wonder".  I think everyone else liked it a lot more than I did.  I did not like the main character.  

• Options
    @CharmedPam It was chilly in the shade lol but she LOVES shorts lol They fit like leggings
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    so sorry to hear about your cousin's son @Jen4948 that's just so unfair
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully he will be able to go home and stay home soon.