Wedding Woes

Thursday!!

It's technically my Friday...and the day before vacation is always the longest one. 

I pretty much laid around last night trying to feel better.  It sucks because I have things to do, but I felt like total crap.  I feel somewhat better today.  I'm not ruling out a virtual visit, but I'm hoping to avoid it and antibiotics.  I hope my sinuses keep clearing themselves with the help of drugs.  I was so out of it yesterday that my camera kept turning off during our zoom team meeting, so I left it off, muted myself, and snoozed sitting up for a few while I listened to everyone talk.  

Prudie coming up.  Someone needs to take up the torch next week.  :) 

Re: Thursday!!

• I hope you can coast today @mrsconn23

The baby has now slept 2 nights in a row. I’m trying not to get too excited or hope that it’s going to happen again. 

The weather is a bit cooler and I’m much much happier. It was like 50 degrees this morning and it was beautiful. 
  • I hope you can coast today @mrsconn23

I'm trying to, and my boss is out, but we're busy AF.  I'm trying not to leave my back-up with anything besides managing anyone who responds to me after today. 
  • I adjusted my hours when M is on holidays in July because he's been picking me up. So over our holidays we're potty training and giving BK the best benefits we can, so he won't be picking me up that week. Maybe the 2 days before I start my vacation, but we'll see how she is.
    Obv we'll have a travel potty regardless
    On top of that, there are 2 times we'll have testing of her training right before she goes back to daycare - friday aug 6th I have a hair appt, and ideally BK is in a good spot to stay at my mum's place. My stylist isn't far from my mum's place and we'll just stay there the rest of the day.
    THEN on the 7th there is a bday party for M's grampa and it's the first time we're seeing M's aunt, cousins and his cousin's son since 2019
    It'll be good to see BK and M's cousin's son together. He turns 5 in November

ANYWAYS!
    I did some future projections of my savings - not including the monthly amount I get for BK because I don't wanna add that amount since right now it'll likely be partly for her speech and at some point it'll be towards other things like her bed or stuff she needs etc.

Playing my cards right, I have approx $1,500 extra in savings by end of Oct - which is good because part of that will likely be for xmas gifts. I've gotta start figuring out xmas gifts in general and I'm hoping end of summer I can hit up some local markets to buy hand made stuff
  • Happy last day before vacation.  I hear you, those are the worst.

Caught up on some shows last night, and tonight I have a work happy hour/dinner. I lyfted it to work knowing I’ll need one back home.  I was with my boss when we did the alcohol run and I got to select what I like. lol. Lyft’s are SO hard to find now and double the price to my office (I know, I’ve done this route before). My parents were supposed to come this weekend, but my Dad’s under the weather, so it’s next week now, even though I told them I had something planned. Now, to find something to do this weekend 🤔 

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I keep thinking it is Friday because we are closed tomorrow and then I'm off next week. Realistically I will probably work some because I dont have any plans and it's my busy season so plenty to do. But it will be on my own terms
  • Hi Ladies!
    I hope you feel well enough to enjoy your vacation @mrsconn23

@levioosa I skimmed through the last few days and I hope you are doing okay. FX for your brother to have some sort of epiphany and take this time seriously. FX there is a silver lining to the layoffs, whether you are included or not.
    @VarunaTT thinking of you too.

• Glad it’s Thursday and looking forward to the weekend. Last night I did a hike with FSIL. We booked two excursions for our trip in Hawaii. Sadly we waited too long for one of them (totally her FIs fault) so we missed out on one we really wanted to do, but we’ll still have fun. And lesson learned we just need to book stuff without the guys in the future. Their capacity for multitasking and looking ahead is so abysmal. One of the excursions is a catamaran sail to a sandbar which should be a lot of fun. I’m just praying I don’t get motion sickness like I did in Cancun. I was fine until I (inevitably) had to use the restroom which was down in the hull and had a tonnnn of movement. Getting motion sick feels so overly dramatic but there’s literally no way to truly stop it. I just have to eat a good meal in the morning, take my meclizine, and pray. 

Otherwise, work and hike later. I feel truly unmotivated at work but that makes sense. We’re celebrating father’s day with my parents, my grandparents, and aunt and uncle. I need to think of a dish to bring. 

Have a great trip @mrsconn23

• Whew! So BK is home for the afternoon because daycare had to call ambulance for her husband :\
    Apparently he has bad hips but was in a lot of pain and couldn't walk.

Poor BK is a little perturbed because of the general chaos. M had her on facetime and she just looked a little stressed out. M gave her a snack and he was prepping for lunch soon and hopefully a nap will help.

We're hoping SFIL can watch her tomorrow. Anticipating it but his health is hit and miss, so I'm gonna msg my mum and potentially have her as back up.

Also, snowball debt handling - is it pay off more to lowest? I was trying to find specific info on it.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    glad there's some movement @ei34 !!
  • banana468 said:
    There's a SIXTH grader in my house now.  She's humming Alice Cooper and stoked that summer is here. 

Tonight we will go on a boat ride with the IL's.  We named the boat (we co-own with MIL and FIL) for our niece who was born and passed the same day which was two years ago today.  

Tomorrow I need to get up an extra half hour early because I have pre-ordered my Star Wars donuts from a shop 20 minutes away.   My plan is to work out, shower and be home w/ the donuts before anyone is up. 
    Goals.