Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday that feels like Thursday

I keep thinking it's Thursday and getting sad when I realize it's not.  

Re: Wednesday that feels like Thursday

• Options
    Good going @Casadena! Was it a zoom interview? Fx, despite the timing.  It’ll all work out.

So gloomy out today. I only saw one other jogger when I was out for my walk this morning. It’s gonna be a long day.  I’m glad it’s not Thursday. My parents are coming into town Thursday evening and I’m not ready for them yet!
    tonight is my pcdc treatment and hypnosis session.  Kinda nervous kinda excited for that!

• Options
    Yup. Totally thought it was Thursday. Now sad that it’s not. 

Congrats @Casadena on a positive interview. Do they know you’re pregnant? What would a start date be? Also really hoping the baby comes soon!! Are you at 40  weeks?
  • Options
    It’s Wednesday and still cooler here. H is taking the afternoon off to watch baby M to give my Mom a break. I don’t think he’s done a whole day with the baby before with me. 

Things are good. Baby is sleeping and trying to walk. I have my first post-baby race coming up on Sunday. I’m feeling good. Maybe therapy is working! 
  • Options
    I ALSO thought today was Thursday!

• Options
    MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    I logged in here looking for Prudie. There's something in the air making it feel like a Thursday. Damn. @Casadena, that's really promising about the interview. FX that the timing comes together and baby makes an appearance this week!

It's super nice here today. It was actually cool when I took the dog for a walk this morning. I'm hoping we'll get a couple of nice days before the humidity sets back in. 

I'm kind of meh with work today. We're on the back end of go-live for a massive project and things are starting to settle into normal. I know we'll have new project assignments coming out later this summer, but I'm kind of uninspired waiting for them. I don't want anything to break, but it's kind of boring when everything is working right. 
  • Options
    @Casadena, that job sounds like the next good step up in your career.  Major crossing fingers for you!  I also hope the baby comes soon.  Maybe it knows today is your last day and is waiting for your leave to start, to be courteous, lol.

@CharmedPam, Cool!  I know you had been thinking about hypnosis, but didn't realize you had pulled the trigger.  I'm curious about it to, so keep us updated!  I've been hypnotized twice before.

The first time was a one session group class for weight loss.  I didn't think much of it nor did it change my habits, but it was relaxing.  To be fair, I was supposed to do self-hypnosis (for lack of a better word) after that, but I didn't.  The second time was actually on stage during one of those hypnosis shows.  I fell under deeper with that and it was even more relaxing.  But, from what I've read and personally seen, it can be very different for different people.  And movies/tv really amp it up to be something it isn't, lol.  For me, it took a lot of focus and concentration on my part to become and stay hypnotized.  I knew what was happening at all times and could have stopped participating whenever I wanted to.  It's more opening yourself up to suggestion.

My H is meeting me at my office today for lunch.  We are then going to do a walk through for my tenants who are moving out.  I'm hoping/thinking it won't take that long.  And then we are going out to lunch to a restaurant participating in Restaurant Week.  Salad or soup with an entree and drink for $15!  And this place is delicious, we love their food.  Unfortunately, that does mean I'll be 30-60 minutes late coming back to work, but I've already given my boss a heads up about that.  Not much else going on today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish it was Thursday but I’m acutely aware of what day it is unfortunately. My Aunt has her first appointment at the major cancer center here. They’re going to come up with a plan of care. I offered to go but she said she’d rather I come for the surgery instead. I hope it’s not when I’m on our trip. I told my mom to ask if she could voice record the appointment today so if they leave feeling like they didn’t absorb anything, they can go back to that and re-listen. My heart hurts for the family. 

Otherwise, work today. We have a meeting with a salty employee who has been causing problems. Honestly we should write them up but that’s outside my control. I just don’t have it in me to deal with their shenanigans. Wish I had Prudie to distract me but I  probably could use it tomorrow too. 

@Casadena good vibes for safe and healthy delivery soon! And fx for the interview results! 

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    Sounds like a great break in the day @short+sassy!

yeah I did go for it.  After the 90day ep I googled hypnosis near me and found one right around the corner with rave reviews and focused on almost everything under the sun.  So I emailed them and a 10 wk weightloss course was $1,350!  But just $160 a session, even the first one. So I went to groupon and shame on them for advertising 50% off a $270 dollar price.  I know groupon does that A LOT, making you think you get a better deal than you are (and then usually you’re told you can always come back and your locked into the groupon price - which is usually cheaper than their regular price, but it’s never 50%). Anyway with my coupon discount and raketen I’m still getting some money off of it, but don’t think I’m falling for your 50% off deal.

That’s so cool that you did it.  My therapist tried it on me, to dig into my past but I’ve never done it for specific reasons (mine is stop this mindless eating I’m doing!)
    edit to add: the smoking cessation at this location was 3’sessions (Within 30 days)  at $875 so Angela from 90day was paying a good penny (not sure if 1 and done would work)

Michigan is a beautiful state @climbingsingle, you’ll be by the lake?

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited June 2021
    Ugh, how awful @levioosa but your aunt is so lucky to have you in her corner!  And with some medical background, I know she trusts you and your opinions. Again, I know this can’t be easy :(

• Options

Michigan is a beautiful state @climbingsingle, you’ll be by the lake?
    No, in the Detroit suburbs. Visiting a friend. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    All the hugs @levioosa
    I’m in the minority but I definitely knew it was a Wednesday.  Lol.  Pretty SSDD here.
  • Options
    The good news...the walk through went well.  A little touch-up and a couple small wall repairs.  The bad news...I was REALLY looking forward to lunch, but we decided to bail out because of weather.  We drove halfway there, but were driving into a major thunderstorm.  I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me at times.  So we turned around and went back to my work, which at least was in the opposite direction.

So now I am digging into my sad and forlorn, little pepperoni Hot Pocket, lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The good news...the walk through went well.  A little touch-up and a couple small wall repairs.  The bad news...I was REALLY looking forward to lunch, but we decided to bail out because of weather.  We drove halfway there, but were driving into a major thunderstorm.  I couldn't see more than a few feet in front of me at times.  So we turned around and went back to my work, which at least was in the opposite direction.

So now I am digging into my sad and forlorn, little pepperoni Hot Pocket, lol. 
    I know we have a love it button but what about a dislike one?

• Options
    @banana468, you don’t say that in your head, you sing that in your head. 

• Options
    Also, fyi, anyone who wants a spa day groupon is offering 30% off spa facilities with no cap (they used to be up to $50 off only).  Pair that with raketen’s 10% off and it’s a good deal. 

• Options
    Hi all! 

It has been an event full few days. My debit card information was somehow stolen and they try to charge over $1000 worth of fraudulent charges to my account. Luckily my bank has great fraud protection and they alerting me right away.

The most annoying thing is to try to remember everything that your cards are linked to it to update payments. 

On a positive note, today we found out that DH passed part 3 of his APMLE exam so he can apply for his Ohio license! One step closer to us moving back home. 

All of my prime stuff is coming in the next two days. I went a little HAM 😂
    Thank goodness!  A former coworker had someone trying to fraudulently wire money out of his bank account!  While he was on the phone with customer service, the rep suddenly interrupted him and said in a surprised voice, "There is another wire trying to go through right now!"  She was able to block that one quickly.  Then they ended up blocking his account from any transactions going through.  After they refunded his money for the first wire that had gone through, he needed to close his account and open another one.

Congrats to your H!  Does he know how his interview went yet?

I only have one Amazon thing coming today.  But tomorrow?  They might as well just dedicate half a delivery van for one run to my house, lol.  Then one thing on Sat., one thing on Sun., and a few things over the next couple weeks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh Amazon!

I'm excited about my purchases and still lament I didn't get a phone holder for my bike.  Oh well!  I am still looking forward to the work out mat and my 10 lb dumbbells next week so I can start to use "heavier" weights.  

• Options
    Hi all! 

It has been an event full few days. My debit card information was somehow stolen and they try to charge over $1000 worth of fraudulent charges to my account. Luckily my bank has great fraud protection and they alerting me right away.

The most annoying thing is to try to remember everything that your cards are linked to it to update payments. 

On a positive note, today we found out that DH passed part 3 of his APMLE exam so he can apply for his Ohio license! One step closer to us moving back home. 

All of my prime stuff is coming in the next two days. I went a little HAM 😂
    Thank goodness!  A former coworker had someone trying to fraudulently wire money out of his bank account!  While he was on the phone with customer service, the rep suddenly interrupted him and said in a surprised voice, "There is another wire trying to go through right now!"  She was able to block that one quickly.  Then they ended up blocking his account from any transactions going through.  After they refunded his money for the first wire that had gone through, he needed to close his account and open another one.

Congrats to your H!  Does he know how his interview went yet?

I only have one Amazon thing coming today.  But tomorrow?  They might as well just dedicate half a delivery van for one run to my house, lol.  Then one thing on Sat., one thing on Sun., and a few things over the next couple weeks.
    Application is open until 7/7 then callbacks. Probably mid-July if all goes well! Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    @NBSquared2017, oh that's right!  I do remember you talking about in your previous post that the applications are open until 7/7.  Continued fingers crossed for you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @short+sassy that same thing happened to me. I noticed transfers pending and called right away and they just kept coming in until they could freeze it. Luckily nothing ever went out. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Oh Amazon!

I'm excited about my purchases and still lament I didn't get a phone holder for my bike.  Oh well!  I am still looking forward to the work out mat and my 10 lb dumbbells next week so I can start to use "heavier" weights.  

Peloton? 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Oh Amazon!

Peloton? 
    Nope - Sunny.

I have the Peloton app but did not spring for the bike.  I can't bring myself to justify the expense of the bike plus the $40/mo subscription.