Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Photographer etiquette

We have hired our photographer only for 6 hours which means she will be there for the getting ready shots, ceremony, family shots, speeches and a few of the formalities. But she will finish off before the main meal is served. We have invited her and her husband to stay for the meal anyway but they chose not to. Now my question is, for the short part of the reception where she will be present (speeches etc.), where should we provide a seat for her? At a table with the guests, even though she won't be there for the entire reception? Or at the same table as the DJ? 

Re: Photographer etiquette

• Options
    Talk to your venue and the photographer?  I think you can see if they have a table for the vendors.  I would not seat her with guests. 
  • Options
    I agree with PP. While the photographer will probably need a table or some other space to stash equipment and her stuff, she probably won't really have the time or interest in sitting down to watch toasts. She may not want to be at the DJ table as she may not want to be noticed while changing lenses or packing everything up. I'd imagine she'd rather have a small table off to the side away from the guests. 
  • Options
    I'd plan ahead of time to give her a "Reserved for the Photographer" and let your reception/caterer know there will need to be extra seats but that they will not be taking part in the meal portion of the reception.  Let your photographer be your guide as to where they want to stage during the reception portion from.  Depending on where your DJ is may be on the entire opposite side of the room from the "action" and where they need to be for things like extra battery packs, lenses, etc.