Wedding Woes

Finally Friday!

We are taking my 5yo to a minor league baseball game tonight. Fingers crossed it doesn’t rain! Tomorrow we have an oil change and swim class in the morning, after that we need to buckle down and get some more things done around the house. I have reserved July 5th as my major deep-cleaning day so everything is sparkling clean when the photographer comes on July 6th. After that we just need to maintain for a few days until the showings start. We are planning on staying away that weekend so they can book back-to-back showing all Saturday and Sunday.

Other than that, not much is going on. People keep trying to make plans with me and I keep pushing them off because I just have too much going on right now to be social.

Re: Finally Friday!

• The drizzle is tapering off and I HOPE our tree guy comes today.  We're supposed to get a bunch chopped down FINALLY. 
  • Take some time out for yourself @Jstump2, nothing wrong with that. Especially if you’re trying to sell a house!

ugh.  Rain rain rain lately.  It’s on the radar all next week and even for the long weekend as of right now. I just started to take power walks outside too. I have a ball game scheduled for Wed but it was only $7 a ticket (local team) and if it rains hard it may be postponed anyway.  This is some April weather. I’m not amused. 

• I'm excited about the weekend, though not for any particular reason. I just want to sleep in and not be on a schedule for a minute. Tomorrow we're supposed to go river tubing with some friends, although we haven't yet confirmed and they're often flakey. Sunday we have a game in the afternoon. SIL and family are in town this weekend but staying with friends tonight. They may move over and stay here tomorrow or just Sunday night. At the least, we'll be able to hang out with them Sunday evening. 

Nothing much exciting happening. I've realized that I really don't like summer very much and am thinking about trying to take a trip to someplace that isn't so damned hot later this summer. Maybe Boston if they're starting to reopen by then? I don't know where else I want to go. 
  • Weekend is shaping up to be decent.  I'm tired of this cool summer.  I don't want to boil but last night I wore a sweatshirt at the marina and it was almost not enough. 

Saturday Chiquita gets her hair cut for the first time in a year.  It's about time and her hair is SO thick.  It's going to save me in shampoo alone!  Sunday she serves at Mass for the first time since the pandemic began.  She's thoroughly excited. 

• I am so glad this week is over. It’s been emotionally draining to say the least. 

Yesterday we went to FSIL’s final dress fitting and it was an absolute disaster. I was so scared for her going into it and all of the worst fears were confirmed. She bought a size 4 originally, which was too big around the waist and she could have fit into a 2. But then her breasts didn’t fit so they had her go up to a 10!? That’s not how alterations work. And sure enough, the dress was uneven, it was bunched around her waist, and the bodice started halfway up her breast. And almost her entire breast was showing. Literally nothing to salvage. So there was a crying panic attack in the fitting room (wedding in two weeks) and then we had to find a new dress. We almost lost it when they tried to put it on us. I wasn’t there for the original fitting or I would have shut down the size ten idea but by the time I found out it was too late. They kept telling her to go up and up and up in sizes so “the top would fit.” They should have known better. The seamstress (not the one who did the original size ten idea and alterations) was like wtf were they thinking, there’s no way this would have worked. So that was fun. I just hope she’s actually happy with the one she chose instead. I feel sad because it’s not at all what she had wanted or envisioned. But she does look beautiful in it. 

Otherwise SSDD. My mom might come over tomorrow. I suggested she take an overnight trip with my Aunt and Grandma so they can decompress together and have some “fun” before chemo starts. My mind feels so full. Six more days of work. 

• I'm excited about the weekend, though not for any particular reason. I just want to sleep in and not be on a schedule for a minute. Tomorrow we're supposed to go river tubing with some friends, although we haven't yet confirmed and they're often flakey. Sunday we have a game in the afternoon. SIL and family are in town this weekend but staying with friends tonight. They may move over and stay here tomorrow or just Sunday night. At the least, we'll be able to hang out with them Sunday evening. 

Nothing much exciting happening. I've realized that I really don't like summer very much and am thinking about trying to take a trip to someplace that isn't so damned hot later this summer. Maybe Boston if they're starting to reopen by then? I don't know where else I want to go. 
    I joke to my H that, when we retire, we need to buy a summer retreat somewhere that doesn't get nearly so hot and humid.  Kind of like "snowbirds", but the other way around.  We'll be "sunbirds" who fly north for the summer.

I'm always a fan of Boston.  My H and I went there a few years back in later September.  The weather was perfect and much cooler/nicer.  I'd think even in the hotter part of the summer, their weather would be a major improvement.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That’s awful @levioosa- why in the world would they have her order a dress that large?!
  • Busy work, busy home. 

Baby woke up screaming from 11-2:30 last night. I’m exhausted. I have a huge meeting at 2. 

But it’s race weekend!! I’m doing my first half in 1.5 years and I’m nervous, excited, ready for it to be here!
  • Dropped BK at my mum's today/tonight.
    Depending on the weather, M & I may go to a patio. We're not sure, it may rain tonight.

We're working on yard more. Still trying to get all the rocks out - which isn't great because M & I have been exhausted at the end of the day all this week.

My allergies were insane this morning, my eyes were so puffed :\ 

This weekend we'll probably do a kiwi crate with BK because it's suppose to rain :( 
  • @charlotte989875 I honestly have no idea. I was even suspect going from a 4 to a 6 considering she could have fit waist wise into a 0 or 2. And the manager was one of the people who suggested going up a size which is why they didn’t end up fighting us too much. I feel bad for FSIL. The replacement dress isn’t at all what she wanted. 

• @levioosa the dress situation is such a bummer.  It seems so odd that this is what the shop suggested and if it wouldn't work then they should have geared her towards other dresses that could accommodate her bust, no? 

• @banana468 you would think. Definitely won’t be using David’s Bridal for my own dress when the time comes. 

• ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Today was the last day of school for my kids and me.  We all got out early, yay.  Let summer reading/homeschooling, trying to keep cool and keeping away from STBXH commence.  

@levioosa ouch about your FSIL’s dress, Joe the shop takes responsibility and can resolve it
    @charlotte989875 good luck that sounds exhausting 
  • @banana468, Some people never outgrow it. My neighbors took down couple of huge trees earlier this year. H did pretty much the same thing for a week. 
  • Hey @banana468 what kind of wizardry are you using to keep those orchids blooming? Because mine always just turn into boring sticks I can never revive. 

• Busy work, busy home. 

Baby woke up screaming from 11-2:30 last night. I’m exhausted. I have a huge meeting at 2. 

But it’s race weekend!! I’m doing my first half in 1.5 years and I’m nervous, excited, ready for it to be here!
    Teething? Madison has been miserable as her molars are coming in. This is my life  
  • Typical Friday. No meetings, DH is on his way home from work so I think we might go for a walk. Watching the sentencing of Derek Chauvan. I will be happy when this is over. I felt such heartbreak and anxiety last year with the constant images of police brutality and murders. It’s a lot. 
  • levioosa said:
    Hey @banana468 what kind of wizardry are you using to keep those orchids blooming? Because mine always just turn into boring sticks I can never revive. 
    I am sad to admit that this is on DH.  He waters plants and has the magic touch.  The white one is from my birthday (4/6) and the pink is from Mother's Day.  I believe they are watered infrequently and need a good amount of sunlight.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2021
    I am insanely overextended this weekend. 

My synagogue is opening back up for services and there's one tomorrow morning - and I forgot until a few minutes ago that I'm scheduled to do a reading tomorrow that has to be memorized. So I'll have to memorize it overnight and see if I can make my memory photographic.

I am also scheduled to be in a play reading on Sunday afternoon. And I have to renew a professional license by Wednesday.

Then my mom ended up in the hospital yesterday. Tuesday is her birthday and hopefully, but not assuredly, she'll be discharged by then, but it sounds like she has to be there at least until then.

And at work, my bosses set up training today.

I'm going to be exhausted over the next few days.
  • I’m sorry about your mom @Jen4948. I hope she recovers soon! 

• levioosa said:
    I’m sorry about your mom @Jen4948. I hope she recovers soon! 
    Thanks @levioosa!
  • @banana468 Chiquita has such beautiful hair! And btw how did they get so big! It seems like they were just babies (remembering your sig picture from years ago)!
  • Typical Friday. No meetings, DH is on his way home from work so I think we might go for a walk. Watching the sentencing of Derek Chauvan. I will be happy when this is over. I felt such heartbreak and anxiety last year with the constant images of police brutality and murders. It’s a lot. 
    I can't feel pleased. It's sad when the bar is "better than nothing". I am happy he got something, I guess 
  • @banana468 Chiquita has such beautiful hair! And btw how did they get so big! It seems like they were just babies (remembering your sig picture from years ago)!
    The hair is SO THICK.  It's like mine but as a kid she's not putting in daily styling or product and needs it ponytail or braid length.  This is just too much.  It's heavy, hot and took a good two minutes just to rinse.
  • banana468 said:
    @banana468 Chiquita has such beautiful hair! And btw how did they get so big! It seems like they were just babies (remembering your sig picture from years ago)!
    The hair is SO THICK.  It's like mine but as a kid she's not putting in daily styling or product and needs it ponytail or braid length.  This is just too much.  It's heavy, hot and took a good two minutes just to rinse.
    I totally get that - kids just don't do the daily grooming stuff. I remember combing tangles of DD's hair when she was younger! When she's older it will be wonderful. It reminds me of a friend of DD's. She has the most gorgeous hair! Thick and long (with a bit of natural wave to it)! I bet Chiquita's will look like it when she is older, lucky girl. DD is so envious of her friend!