Favors

Flip flops for my wedding guests?

My wedding is in the middle of summer 2022 on the beach and I thought it would be a cute idea to provide flip flops for my guests for the sand or just if their feet get tired from dancing during the reception. My guest list is about 160 right now and I'm not sure how many pairs I should get. I'm assuming not everyone will use them and some may bring their own flip flops and I don't want a ton left over that I can't return.

Re: Flip flops for my wedding guests?

• We did this for our wedding- I did a mix of sizes for about half of the guest list. We did have some left over but used them as shower shoes at the gym, had them stashed at my sister’s pool. I’d say most of our older guests didn’t use them but all of our female friends and maybe of my parents friends did! 
  • We did these too. I bought a variety of sizes for about half the number of guests we had. I wound up with about half of that leftover, so I guess about 25% usage. 

We located a local shelter that has dorm style bathrooms to donate the extras to. They always have flip flops on their donation list because they like to provide them to the residents as shower shoes. 
  • We did these too. I bought a variety of sizes for about half the number of guests we had. I wound up with about half of that leftover, so I guess about 25% usage. 

We located a local shelter that has dorm style bathrooms to donate the extras to. They always have flip flops on their donation list because they like to provide them to the residents as shower shoes. 
    That's a great point!

Another thing you could do (although it would be more expensive) would be to make the flip-flops a wedding favor. If you make them a bit unique for your wedding, it might be a cool thing for your guests to keep!
  • I think that's an awesome idea, especially given the venue. The numbers may be tricky so maybe wait for some RSVPs to come in before you set everything up if possible. Super cute idea though.