Wedding Woes

Stormy Friday

Hope everyone stays safe!

I’m excited bc the kids and I are joining my parents, siblings and their fams for the first time ever on their annual summer vacation. It was never okay with STBXH before but this year (even though it’s not official yet) I reminded him of our visitation schedule and that we’re each entitled to two weeks vacation with the kids.  He’s pissed but it’s happening.  Tomorrow morning we head to a big airbnb house in LBI (the Jersey shore). Hoping the rain stops but even if it doesn’t, almost a week under a different roof from him woohooooooo 🤗

Re: Stormy Friday

• @ei34 I never understand when spouses don't wanna visit IL's - I mean even if you don't get along, suck it up for your spouse/kids.
    Enjoy your trip though :)

Apparently there will be no real word about BK in preschool until August because of covid restrictions. From my understanding, this isn't super abnormal timeframe but we're going to tell daycare JIC so we find out late. That way she isn't blindsided.

We're going to do a good gift basket for them regardless if it's this year or next year.

No huge weekend plans. We're seeing M's nanny one day and idk what's next day. Maybe splash pad?
    Idk.
  • Ugh, what a douchecanoe.  Enjoy that vacation. Sounds like it's going to be a great time and I hope you get an opportunity to decompress a little. 

Seriously, you and my friend are married to the same guy.  His lawyer had to tell him at least 3 times that he could not block my friend and kids from going on vacation with her family last month and a judge would never grant the request.  He really thought he was gonna try.  

I am tired af today.  We were up very late with DH's cousin and her family last night.  It was a good time.  I have to turn it around today for our friends who are coming in from CA.  

We were going to try to boat this weekend, but the weather is not going to cooperate.  I'm secretly glad because this week has been so exhausting and prepping for boating was starting to feel like an insurmountable task. 

So glad it's Friday.  
  • ei34 said:

I’m excited bc the kids and I are joining my parents, siblings and their fams for the first time ever on their annual summer vacation. It was never okay with STBXH before but this year (even though it’s not official yet) I reminded him of our visitation schedule and that we’re each entitled to two weeks vacation with the kids.  He’s pissed but it’s happening.  Tomorrow morning we head to a big airbnb house in LBI (the Jersey shore). Hoping the rain stops but even if it doesn’t, almost a week under a different roof from him woohooooooo 🤗
    Have fun in LBI!! My ex was a totally hump and NEVER wanted to do a beach vacation, so I'm maxing them out this year. I booked another house for OBX in late August. Can't wait. 
  • Have a fun time!

Elsa seems to be headed out which is great.  DH may be going with our kiddos and his brother's kids to the local submarine museum.  If the weather improves we may head back to the marina because it's easy to eat outside.

MIL may want us to head over to her house and I'm on the fence.  I know the nieces and nephews aren't vaccinated and I'm fairly certain their parents aren't.  BIL and SIL have been to her parents' house in the last week for a party, to DH's aunt and uncle's home (where there are numerous unvaccinated) and yesterday to a cousin's home where there have to be at least a couple unvaccinated.     MIL's idea is to toast s'mores in her driveway which sounds great in theory but it'll be 5 kids in their over 55 neighborhood so she's going to want the kids to be contained and quiet and that's just not a reasonable request IMO.  Because of the status of all the other family members we'll continue to adhere to CDC guidelines that are stating what is and isn't a good idea for inside mingling and that means a bunch of unvaccinated people hanging out together inside.  Plus, MIL and FIL's home is set up for them.   I won't knock it - they should live as they want.  But it does mean that when you have 5 kids in your house set for people in their late 60's / early 70's that you can't expect kids to not be kids.

We are t minus one week til we leave for vacation.  I need to organize our stuff (including the box of 50 disposable masks for the kids) and start to get some things packed that I can. 
  • ei34 said:

Wonderful enjoy!!!
  • @ei34, That sounds like so much fun! FF sucks; enjoy it this year. 

Probably also a rainy weekend here, which suits me. The AC is getting replaced tomorrow. I'll probably put the dog in daycare just so she's out of the way. I'm hoping we can go check out some kitchen/bath showrooms to start looking at bathroom stuff in person. I feel like looking at photos is starting to get counter productive. Otherwise I'm hoping to take advantage of a quiet weekend to get some things done around the house and relax. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments First Answer 500 Love Its
    edited July 2021
    Fun @ei34!  Do you each get 2 weeks per summer? Or any time on school break? Either way, it’s also 2 weeks without him! (Right?)

Weather seems ok here, but no plans this weekend regardless. Nothing super exciting in my meetup groups but maybe a brunch on Sunday - and while I’m trying to go out and be more social, I’m also trying to avoid food orientated events.  I’m trying to eat at home more, health reasons and cost. But all the non restaurant meetups don’t entice me either.  Like yoga?  Fuck no. Never with me! 

• Hey weird question, we're kind of a potential crunch if BK leaves daycare.
    We wanna do a good gift basket for them and this is what we have

- bird food character {local place - she and BK sit in front and watch birds a lot}
    - travel coffee cup
    - coffee g.c
    - grocery g.c
    - photo of BK

We're also do a card, and money but those are separate. We're doing an extra payment as a gift so she doesn't have to claim on taxes
  • I am unexpectedly going to go look at an open house in a short while.

WW Group:  "Short+sassy, I thought you weren't going to buy any more real estate at this time, especially rentals."

Me:  Yeah, I know.  I wasn't.  Especially not in East New Orleans, because I have trouble finding good tenants there.  But this 2 bed/1 ba townhouse is over 1100 square feet, looks to be in great condition, and is only $59K.  It will rent for $1,100.  So it will cash flow $375/month, after expenses and debt service (loan).  I can't resist those numbers.  I need to at least see it.  Plus it's within one mile of another rental house I have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This week wasn't my week and today in particular was not my day.

I just hope next week is better. At least my mom seems to be improving. She is now in a skilled nursing facility. I will try to visit her tomorrow or Sunday.