Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding party color coordination??

I am having trouble figuring out how to color coordinate my wedding party. My bridesmaids will be wearing black, and my maid of honor will be wearing a pewter color. I'm not sure what to do with the groomsmen. I do know I want my husband to be dressed in all black with a bow tie. Any suggestions?

Re: Wedding party color coordination??

• Maybe black tuxedoes with pewter colored bow ties and vests? 
  • If you are having a formal wedding with tuxes, I second the above. Black tuxes with pewter accessories would look really polished. But if your husband will be wearing a black suit, rather than a tux, maybe the groomsmen could wear gray/pewter suits?
  • Let your FI decide what he wants to wear...  nsjs...  Then go from there..  

Black suits for the GM is the more affordable way to go (I think it's Men's Wearhouse that has a $199 deal which often is cheaper than renting)..  Black suit pewter tie...  
  • My four bridesmaids all wore LBDs with silver strappy shoes; the groomsmen wore black suits with paisley gray ascots. Everyone looked great and were thrilled they didn't have to spend a bunch of money on things they would only wear once.