Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Wedding transportation help!

Does anyone have recommendations on transportation planning and who rides with who? Here is how the day is going to go- bridal party and groomsmen will get ready in separate rooms at a hotel, then we will have our first look at a beach 10 minutes from our venue and then the ceremony/reception are at the same place. Do I need 2 limos for girls and guys? Do I make the guys drive themselves to the beach? Do we stay separated after the first look when going to the venue? I'm sure I'm overthinking it, but any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Wedding transportation help!

• When DD got married we rented a small party bus to transport the wedding party, bride and groom from the hotel to photo places, church and venue. They did stay separate after they arrived at the church but that isn't necessary. They did first look pictures then some wedding party pictures between leaving the hotel and arriving at the church.
  • Does anyone have recommendations on transportation planning and who rides with who? Here is how the day is going to go- bridal party and groomsmen will get ready in separate rooms at a hotel, then we will have our first look at a beach 10 minutes from our venue and then the ceremony/reception are at the same place. Do I need 2 limos for girls and guys? Do I make the guys drive themselves to the beach? Do we stay separated after the first look when going to the venue? I'm sure I'm overthinking it, but any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    I think if you're going to require that everyone meet you at this beach for pictures then you need to transport them. If it's just a first look, though, do you really need the wedding party? Can't the groomsmen and bridesmaids just meet you at the ceremony site however they get themselves there, and the two of you drive yourselves or arrange to be driven to the beach separately (if you don't want to travel together in order for it to be a true "first look")?

Even apart from the inconvenience to the GMs in driving themselves, you don't want someone getting lost, stopping for fries, or just taking their time to hold everything else up.
  • I would just get the bride and groom (in separate cars) to the first look site, and let the rest of the wedding party get themselves to the wedding and reception venue. They don't need to be at the first look site, and limos aren't a required part of weddings. But if parking is tight, then yes, you may want to consider getting a limo just so that they don't have to drive around forever while everyone who snagged a parking space is waiting to do the pictures.
  • When DD got married we rented a small party bus to transport the wedding party, bride and groom from the hotel to photo places, church and venue. They did stay separate after they arrived at the church but that isn't necessary. They did first look pictures then some wedding party pictures between leaving the hotel and arriving at the church.
    I remember too that I had the option where I was getting married to actually rent a school bus. It was cost less than the traditional "party bus", but it really depends on what fits your wedding theme (and how much you're willing to spend)!