Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wording for invitations when not sure about shuttle times?

Is it ok to send out invitations without exact shuttle times?

We have 1 shuttle making 1 or 2 trips, depending on the number of people who will shuttle.

On the invitations, I wrote "Please reserve __ seats on the shuttle to and from the wedding" to determine the number of people and if we need to make 1 or 2 trips.

I was going to include "Exact shuttle times will be announced on our website closer to the day of the wedding" on the invitations.

Is this ok? Any other ideas? 

Re: Wording for invitations when not sure about shuttle times?

• Depending on how formal your invitations are you shouldn't have anything about the shuttles on the actual invitations. You can include that line on your RSVP card. Will the shuttle be transporting people both to and from the venue? If so you would need to include both departure times (going and coming). I think more than one shuttle time (depending on the set up of your reception) is needed because some people will want to leave earlier than others. We were recently at a wedding where the return shuttles didn't start until 7 hours after the ceremony. It was a really long day!
  • I would email it to those who will need it later on when you have the information or include it in an insert in your invitations rather than on the actual invitations.
  • The last time we had a shuttle from a hotel to a wedding, there was a place on the RSVP to check if we would be using the shuttle. Once the couple had the details worked out, they posted the approximate pick-up times and location on their wedding website. 

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Depending on how formal your invitations are you shouldn't have anything about the shuttles on the actual invitations. You can include that line on your RSVP card. Will the shuttle be transporting people both to and from the venue? If so you would need to include both departure times (going and coming). I think more than one shuttle time (depending on the set up of your reception) is needed because some people will want to leave earlier than others. We were recently at a wedding where the return shuttles didn't start until 7 hours after the ceremony. It was a really long day!
    Absolutely.  We asked guests to specify who would prefer leaving once all the "formalities" had ended.  We had a shuttle available once the dancing portion of the reception began.  That only required one trip.  But for those that remained until the end, I do think there were at least two trips for the shuttle.  Luckily, the reception was only 10 minutes from the hotel.