Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My cousin set his wedding date two weeks before mine

The is mostly to figure out how and when to send out save the dates:

My wedding is planned for the first week of august 2022, I booked this back in Nov 2020.  I have a large family and they were all informed of this date back in Nov.  My cousin just got engaged this summer and set his wedding date for exactly two weeks before mine. He did ask me ahead of time when my date was so they didn't book the same weekend  I'm kind of upset that he chose two weeks before my wedding being that we have approximately 50 guests that will be overlapping. I'm worried some of our out-of-state family is going to have to choose between which wedding to attend.  
I was thinking of saving out an electronic save the date in the next few weeks to my family just so that they have more of an official save the date. Then I will be sending out paper save the dates in Jan 2022. 
How should I navigate this? Any advice is appreciated. 

Re: My cousin set his wedding date two weeks before mine

• Options
    The is mostly to figure out how and when to send out save the dates:

My wedding is planned for the first week of august 2022, I booked this back in Nov 2020.  I have a large family and they were all informed of this date back in Nov.  My cousin just got engaged this summer and set his wedding date for exactly two weeks before mine. He did ask me ahead of time when my date was so they didn't book the same weekend  I'm kind of upset that he chose two weeks before my wedding being that we have approximately 50 guests that will be overlapping. I'm worried some of our out-of-state family is going to have to choose between which wedding to attend.  
    I was thinking of saving out an electronic save the date in the next few weeks to my family just so that they have more of an official save the date. Then I will be sending out paper save the dates in Jan 2022. 
    How should I navigate this? Any advice is appreciated. 
    You want to sent out a STD a year in advance? I'm assuming to try to get guests to commit to your wedding first? 

Also, your paper invites should only be sent out 6-8 before the wedding, not 7 months before. 

My cousin had her wedding 3 weeks before mine. Yes, we had some out of state guests and guess what - they traveled for both. Your cousin gets one date, and you get one date. You don't get to book weeks/months of time. 
  • Options
    Pick one or the other electronic or paper save the dates and send them in January. Sending two is obnoxious. 

Two weeks apart is not a big deal. 2022 is going to be a busy year for events with all of the cancellations and postponements from last year and this year. Sure, there may be family that can't travel for both. There will probably also be people who can't make it because of other calendar conflicts and obligations. That's just part of hosting. All you can do is clear the date with your VIPs and hope for the best with everyone else.