Texas-Houston
Options

Short engagement

I need some advice. My fianc and I don't want to have a long drawn out engagement, so I'm not looking for a traditional elaborate wedding. Do you have any ideas of how to pull a small indoor wedding together in a couple months?

Re: Short engagement

• Options
    It depends on where you're thinking of having the ceremony/reception at. If it's at someone's house then you don't need to look at venues or sign contract, etc. If you're looking for an indoor venue, i would 1st suggest to have a date and number of guests already in mind before emailing or calling the venues to see if they have openings...once you have that booked, you can work on getting the invites out (2 months before wedding date) and booking the rest of vendors if your venue doesn't have the food/cake/dj already in their contract.

TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Options
    I think it's definitely possible to pull off a short engagement, especially if you aren't looking to have an elaborate ceremony or reception. Some places offer discounts on certain dates that are unbooked as it gets really close...

The posters here can probably help you a bit mroe with specifics if you share a little bit more, like how many people you want, what area of town, budget, etc.! 

And of course, if you have the budget you can always hire a planner who knows what's up and can pull things together for you in a short time period.
  • Options
    I want to have it in the Cypress or Houston, TX area. Maybe a quaint little church and then to a restaurant for reception. I was thinking max 50 people. I don't have a budget set yet; I'm still in the beginning stages of planning. I'm having trouble finding a venue that won't swallow my tiny guest list.
  • Options
    One of my friends is having a 150-person wedding and planning it in 4 months at the Belltower on 34th. If you choose a venue that has a somewhat "all-inclusive" package, that'll save you a lot of the planning! You don't need to reserve a cake baker or a florist too far in advance, or you could always buy flowers from the Fannin flower markets and do DIY flowers, and buy treats at Costco or any old bakery instead of a cake. A lot of photographers book in advance so you should choose a photographer as one of your first decisions as soon as you choose a date and book your venue!
  • Options
    For a wedding that size I would look into restaurants for receptions. Ouisie's Table would be great (you could have your wedding in their garden or just do the reception there) or maybe Maggianno's?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Ouisie's Table looks wonderful. Thanks for the great suggestion, GypsySoul01!
  • Options
    Glad I could help! I love that place. If I hadn't fallen completely in love with Art Bar for my reception, we would have had our wedding and reception there for sure. I just think it is so perfect for a smaller wedding. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    That is exactly how we were! I hired an event planner to assist with everything. If you want more information, you can look at the website: www.dreamwithmehouston.com

• Options
    My fiance and I also wanted a short engagement.  We're getting married at Brenner's on the Bayou.  They have a beautiful park next to the restaurant right on the bayou.  We're getting married outside and then will have dinner.  Ceremony, dinner and drinks for 25 people on a Saturday night is $2000.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards