Wedding Woes
Options

Hump Day

Sort of...the days blur a bit when you're off all summer.  Very ssdd here, just a lot of decluttering closets mixed with some IEP review of new students.  Wishing everyone a good day!

Re: Hump Day

• Options
    Did I mention we got the email about BK starting preK?
    Her first day is the 13th - which is a week later than what was expected {public board usually goes back the Tuesday after labor day}
    They're not part of a typical school board, so they probably did it in case parents have kids in the public or catholic board and instead of multiple first day drop offs.

We have a zoom meeting at 7pm on the 8th, because orientation isn't in person.
    I have an intake interview with them on 10th - M & I are setting up any questions we have, since it'll just be me on the call.

Anyways .... I'm almost done the corner piece of my counter. It's at the drying/cure time and I can't do anything until the 28th. I mean, I could put some stuff down in a couple days but I'm just going to wait until I can move my microwave over safely in case I need extra space.

M & I tend to play this music game.
    We play music and have the other person guess the song and artist - or at least one.
    He hates I'm very good at it lmao!
  • Options
    I've had to convince myself 3 times already that it is, in fact, not Thursday. It's going to be a long day.  

Otherwise, SSDD here. Bathroom reno starts Monday, so the contractor is coming out at some point today to check out a few things. I am so excited for them to get started, but even more excited for them to finish.
  • Options
    DefConn and I had dental appointments first thing, so now I’m sitting here with the left side of my face numb af and my jaw is sore from being stretched for an hour. I have a tension headache too. DefConn had a tooth pulled, a cavity filled, and a frenectomy. I took him home to get some Advil and then took him to school. I’m so mean, lol. 

Now I’m watching RHoNY and trying to find motivation to do housework. We’ll see how much I can accomplish, lol. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger, yay BK, starting preK!

I have been spoiled for breakfast the last two days.  Yesterday, one of my coworkers brought in a big tupperware dish of an eggs/sausage scramble, tortillas, and all the other fixings (except guac) for breakfast tacos.  Apparently there were enough leftovers that she set up the breakfast taco station again this morning.  So yummy!

I'm 90 minutes into my work day and, while there might be a few more things that come in, I'm already done.  Oh well.  Another long, boring day, lol.

I found out something amazing last night.  Apparently, there are TWO community gyms that are within 5-10 minutes of my house.  They are at city-owned rec centers, so they are free!  They have group classes...though not many of those...and fitness equipment.  Those are my two favorite things when it comes to a gym.  Nearby and free, lol.  I'm going to check one of them out on Friday when I get off work.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @MyNameIsNot Trash/recycling is Thursday. M & I said yesterday was Tuesday.
    This morning I'm trying to take the damn recycling out thinking it was Thursday.

@mrsconn23 kudos to DefConn not being in pain! I'm awful and would have been off with that lol

@short+sassy i'm so excited for her but so anxious lmao
  • Options
    Everything takes so long to do at work b/c of our shitty software that I keep getting discouraged.  I'm running out of patience with everything and I'm behind.  My attitude is crap and I'm not able to pull myself out of it very well.

I ended up calling in sick to the 2nd job yesterday.  IDK why I'm struggling with the heat so badly this summer.  This is the 2nd time that I've started getting the heat exhaustion feelings at work in the afternoon.  Part of it is that the office has been having AC issues all damn summer.  Once I get overheated, it just makes me sick and it's hard to get back under control.  I went to bed at 7:30 last night and slept the entire night.  IDK, I need to get this figured out.

I'm trying to find a new outfit to wear out for my September shennanigans.  I can't find a woman cut suit that will get here/right size by then.  I hate that Amazon has been taken over by the fast fashion, it makes things really hard to find.  I just want to look hawt, dammit!!  
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Everything takes so long to do at work b/c of our shitty software that I keep getting discouraged.  I'm running out of patience with everything and I'm behind.  My attitude is crap and I'm not able to pull myself out of it very well.

I ended up calling in sick to the 2nd job yesterday.  IDK why I'm struggling with the heat so badly this summer.  This is the 2nd time that I've started getting the heat exhaustion feelings at work in the afternoon.  Part of it is that the office has been having AC issues all damn summer.  Once I get overheated, it just makes me sick and it's hard to get back under control.  I went to bed at 7:30 last night and slept the entire night.  IDK, I need to get this figured out.

I'm trying to find a new outfit to wear out for my September shennanigans.  I can't find a woman cut suit that will get here/right size by then.  I hate that Amazon has been taken over by the fast fashion, it makes things really hard to find.  I just want to look hawt, dammit!!  
    I hate this, too!! I used to be able to find quality pieces on Amazon and now it’s all fast fashion and I’m real cranky about it. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

I don’t know why (okay maybe I do a little, I’m bougie), but lately all of my Amazon ads have been for luxury clothing items. Um, that $300 La Perla bra is super cute but it’s going to have to wait until I win the lottery. Same to you, Oscar de La Renta. Lol

Sending you good vibes! @charlotte989875 I’m also trying to decide next career moves and I don’t like it. 

• Options
    Also, that wedding I was in was last weekend.  We were an hour late in starting, and my hubby had to decorate the cake for the bride since that was one of the things that she left for the morning of, but it seemed to go much better than I thought.  No requests to pay for our own meal, which was nice.  They had hand-fasting, and I was told the day before that I might need to perform that, and I've never done it before and was frantically watching ALL the hand-fasting videos I could find the night before, but then ended up not having to do it the day of.  

MOB also had an interesting speech .... being Christian, I do understand having a religious speech but there are still some things you don't say to the bride and groom on their wedding day.  It was cringey - I felt a little bad for them.  At least they didn't pressure them to have babies on their wedding day - I have been at a few weddings where that happened.  But the whole gender roles things did come up.

• Options
    What’s fast fashion? I haven’t tried clothing at amazon in a hot minute but usually suscessful there.
    @short+sassy, awesome about those fitness classes. The only thing holding me back from that is cost.  I’d love some freebie classes to try out. 
    @kerbohl, we had a handfasting!  My Dad/mom and ex’s mom is very religious (well his was VERY religious and went to church as our family doesn’t).  My Dad special requested that it not be too too pagany and make it a more generic-celtic spin on it, which I agreed to. But honestly I should have said “my handfasting, and If I bring the god AND goddess in, and my FI agrees (he was atheist and didn’t care) then that’s what we’re doing”.  Anyway it wasn’t that discrete because our best man pulled us aside and was like “that was a pagan ceremony wasn’t it?”.  Ugh!  Next wedding I’m eloping and not giving a flying fuck what others think. 

• Options
    @kerbohl Honestly, the longest time has been waiting for it to dry. I could have done my entire counters in a full weekend if it weren't for drying and cure time. After a few days, I can put light items down, but we use our microwave enough that it would be a hassle to lose it for 2 weeks.
    Your stones are going to look great! That looks like hard work!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger It is a lot of work!  The trick has been to not draw the attention of the rabbits as I do it, because if they run across while the paint is still wet I'm going to have some interesting patterns, lol.  Last night, the second I was finished the section I was doing, two of my rabbits were just lurking right on the edge all curious as to why it looked different.  

It must be so frustrating to wait for the dry and cure time.  

• Options
    @kerbohl lol bunny tracks ;) Too bad you can't put a tarp over it to prevent it but I feel that would make it worse :\ 

Dry/cure time is why I'm doing in sections ;) Drives me batty, but only way. Plus a toddler reaching at counters I've been doing in evenings lmao!
  • Options
    Still job hunting. My phone has been ringing off my hook. I hope something turns around soon. Good luck @charlotte989875!

Feeling exhausted. Half the traffic lights in Houston are on the fritz and on Monday, what should have been a 30 minute commute home took me 2.5 hours and cost me an evening class that was held during that time. Still like that yesterday.

I had to go to an appointment at the IRS office, and even though I had an email confirmation of the appointment time, the security guards at the building "didn't have it on their list" and wouldn't let me go up. They made me reschedule for an hour later, and even then (after I had to put more money in the parking meter) I had to beg them to let me go to the appointment.

Ok, end of pity party for one day. @short+sassy, your breakfast sounds great and so does the gym. @levioosa, congratulations to your husband.
  • Options
    Some of the family stuff is starting to norm out.  We had a great visit with DH's uncle last night and I hope we can make more drives to see him and his wife in FL - assuming that the cases are not so high that travel is foolish.

Our state just ruled that kids will be masked for at least the start of the school year.  I'm now debating if they'll use the multilayer fabric masks I purchased with the filter inserts we have or if it's far more prudent to get kids KN95 masks that they'll wear for school days.  

I have a package of white and black KN95 for DH and me and plan to wear those in any place where there's a crowd.  This also reminds me that I need to book an upcoming appointment for the kids and me to get tested for Covid because we were at the funeral on Monday and despite taking precautions there are many anti-mask and anti-vax family members also in attendance.   I'm counting the days until Dec when I'll get my booster and fingers are crossed that there is an approval for the kids . 
  • Options
    I forgot to mention.  My H and I both put a freeze on our SSNs with all three credit bureaus.  It's the first time I've done that and it was pretty easy.  Though the real test will be when I need to unfreeze them.  My interwebz research says it can take up to 5 business days to unfreeze, which seemed a lot longer than I would have expected.

Nothing bad happened.  But my H saw an article that T-Mobile was hacked and 15 million people had their info stolen.  We both have Metro PCS, which seems to fall under their umbrella.  I looked it up the next day and found an article with more info.  It was only people who had applied for a TMobile account from Sept 1-Sept 15 2020, which wouldn't have included us.  It also said people affected would be contacted and we weren't.

At any rate, it's something I've been "meaning" to do forever, so I'm glad I finally had some motivation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ever plan something and think "ah well, Future Self can figure it out. I'm sure it won't be that chaotic" then closer to the time comes and you're just like FUCKING PAST SELF WHY!!!

September 4 - early bday dinner for my at my mum's
    7th - my bday {34 :O !}
    8th - zoom orientation with preK
    10th - intake interview {I'm doing it but M & I are going thru questions}
    11th night - BK goes to IL's so M & I can go for sushi dinner and practice driving
    13th - BK starts preK!
    18th - BK starts gymnastics.

Definitely moments I wish we had 2 cars guh
    I told M we have a lot happening in September in general so we're gonna sit down and figure out what's best plan of action {we do have to do groceries sometimes too lol}
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Did you do the whole knot thing?  I was practicing that, where you put the ribbon/fabric in such a way that when the bride and groom pull their hands away it creates a knot.  

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2021
    Yup @kerbohl and I still own it.  Not sure why… lol.  I have this pic I posted on FB as part of my 2 yr anniversary collage.

Fun fact about the traditional ceremonial handfasting.: The cord is physical of course, but spiritually you are binding yourself to the other person too. You’ll always have that “cord” or “connection” with the other person, even through separation or divorce.  And I guess that’s true.  He was my first real love and of course I thought we’d be together forever and of course I still “feel” that spiritual connection to him even when love wasn’t enough. 

• Options
    I am having a day. My dad went to the ER yesterday with chest pain and is still there. There are no beds available in the hospital for him to go to. Thankfully they most just kept him for observations and all his tests have been coming back with good news. He is doing a stress test now and if it comes back okay they will release him to go home. My poor dad though, he is so nervous about covid and has barely left his house for over a year, now to be in a hospital full of covid patients. :(

I am slowly packing. I cancelled my hair appointment since my sister is at the hospital with Dad. I have a bunch of errands I should be running but I am just so lazy. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @missJeanLouise. Sending your dad healing vibes. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam it reminds me of the story about the "red string of destiny" - basically you and your soulmate are tied together by an invisible red string and if it takes awhile to meet, it's because life tangled up the string and you're detangling it to meet.

I had a dream years ago, that after a friend of mine passed away she visited me. She said that I didn't meet M until after she passed because she had to "fix my red string"

Anyways ... I like the ropes and if M & I ever renew our vows, I may suggest doing it.
  • Options
    @CharmedPam fast fashion is like the stuff you get from Chinese companies, Wish, Shein, Forever 21, Deb, things like that.  They're not really made to last, tend to be trendy pieces, last a season, don't cost too much, etc.

I just ordered these for September shennanigans.  I have a great cage bra I'll wear under that'll show in the collar area:

Plus Zipper Front Ring Cami Dress
    Thigh High Stiletto Sock Boots

I've wanted a pair of those boots for forever and now that I've been working out, the legs are looking great and I can't wait to put these on.  My little 90s goth heart that my mother would never let me fulfill is glowing.  

The new software program just did it's first transfer and it's a clusterfvck, just like I knew it would be.  I'm getting a drink after work.
  • Options
    @missJeanLouise, I'm sorry to hear about your dad!  I hope he is okay and can go home soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for your well wishes. My dad is being released. I (not a medical professional) think he had a panic attack. Besides just being older and not is great shape, the doctor said he is not at a higher risk of a heart attack than anyone else. They couldn't find any reason for him feeling poorly, everything looked good.

I wanted to comment the other day but got sidetracked, Re:Shein. They are notorious for unapologetically ripping off designs from smaller, independent designer. 
  • Options
    This has been an awful week. I think I told y'all on Monday that DS2 was in a car accident. The insurance company is looking at the car but said it will probably be totaled (even thought the person hadn't actually seen it at the time). He's really bummed because it is a 5 year old car with less than 30,000 miles on it.

The worse thing though is we had to have both dogs put down. Our little boy dog just kept getting worse and worse, the medication didn't help. Little girl has been declining due to kidney disease but the vet also said that now her spleen was really enlarged. The day has just sucked and now I have a headache from crying.
  • Options
    I’m glad he’s released @missJeanLouise, at least you can go home without that weighing you down
    @VarunaTT - THAT IS AWESOME! Love it!  Ok, I got some items from China from amazon before - not knowing it.  Is it called “fast fashion” as a play on words since it takes 3 years to get to you? 😉 
    @MissKittyDanger, there was an author I loved “LJ smith” back in the day who wrote about soulmates and that “string”! Your story is so sweet
    @ILoveBeachMusic I’m so sorry to hear that.  Not the direction I hope you were going. But if they were in pain, at least you can be reassured they aren’t any more. RIP pups. You gave them a good life!