Wedding Woes

Monday, Monday

Weekend was good but hot. I’m so tired of summer weather. Bring on 60 degree days! 

Has anyone bought Olive & June nail polish/ kits? Is it worth it? I miss having nice looking nails but I don’t have the time to actually go get them done. Plus it’s not worth the money for me right now. Are they good or just good at marketing? 

Re: Monday, Monday

• I'm not wanting sweltering but I could go for warm and not rainy.  

I will say I'm grateful that Henri turned into less than what was forecasted.  Our drive home from church involved a detour due to a tree in the road and we definitely saw a lot of debris just Sunday morning as it made landfall but the power only blinked once at 5:20.   Today we still have some remnants as it looks like it will spin through once more and then we're into summer again. 

Chiquito's birthday is in a week. How is my baby  turning 7? 
  • @charlotte989875 I've seen some good reviews on them recently, but idk personally.

@banana468 Chiquito is gonna be 7? Dislike. Nope.

Weekend was good. Despite the heat, it was pretty productive.
    Saturday I saw RMT and omg I feel like I can MOVE! Apparently a lot of the issues is actually more in my hips {right side more so} I did have to sign a waiver after because it's a sensitive area, but 100% worth it!
    I may go back in like 3-4 months if necessary.

Our keurig has been acting up lately, so we decided to buy a new coffee maker. It's not the one I wanted to get but M doesn't want to exchange it now :( 
    Luckily while we were there, Walmart had some shoes on clearance. BK has shoes but obv we need extra because she needs specific indoor shoes so we didn't want to use a pair that have been outside already.
    I got 2! Size 6 are Frozen - $9 and other pair are size 7 with flamingos and pineapples and watermelon on - $7!
    She really liked the flamingo ones better - I did not expect that lol

Sunday wasn't much. M went to order glasses because his information about his contacts seem weird so he can't order them. He's talking to his optometrist this week to clarify.
    He ended up getting me a Sailor Moon water bottle lol I'm really bad with packing myself water when we go places, so he figured if I had a large one I liked then I'd remember lol bless this man.

We're finishing the toy box in the next week or so - it's been too hot to do anything with it, but we're getting some cooler weather soon and can just do in portions.
    Once that's done we are ordering BK a mattress and BYE BYE CRIB!! :O 
    With orders, that likely won't be until closer to end of September.
  • Welcome back @STARMOON44 - can't wait to see a pic or two!
    @banana468 - glad Henri was less than expected.

We got a break from heat and humidity on Saturday & Sunday.  It was mid-70s and low humidity!

Friday night we went to dinner with friends.  We had poor service but the food was good.  Friend's DH was in a mood so wasn't as good of a visit as usual.

Saturday I vegged in the morning.  Then I made a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting - yum!  Ran to Aldi's to get some things and made a fresh fruit salad.

Sunday we had family picnic on DH's side and brought the cake and fruit.  There was a big turnout with about 50 people.  We were outdoors and the weather was perfect.  My BIL has had some health issues recently and yesterday seemed a little out of it.  He's in his 70's and hard of hearing so that doesn't help.  I hope it's not something worse.

SSDD at work.  My co-irker who has issues with our boss has a review today and I see the Manager is on the calendar invite.  Could be interesting.
  • @charlotte989875, we had a heat advisory all weekend and, even in our house, it was too hot on Sunday.  We use a/c window units in our house.  My H and I are wondering if the one in our living room is on its last legs.  It does run, but didn't seem to be running as much as it should have been.  

@banana468, I'm glad you all weathered the storm and didn't even have a power outage!  I know how stressful all of that can get.

@STARMOON44, I'm glad you had such a great vacation!  It sounds like it was wonderful.

My weekend was okay.  I gave an update about my new Costco scan gig in the Friday post.  In a nutshell, it was our first time and probably took longer than it normally will, but my H and I are on the fence about it.  We will give it about two more go-rounds, but need to see it take substantially less time and or it won't be worth it and I'll have to back out.

We went to a great Mediterranean-Israeli place for lunch on Friday.  I've been wanting to try it for a long time because it has won awards and has great reviews.  It had a lunch special for restaurant month, so it seemed like no better time than the present!  It was two courses for $22.  The first course was one of three hummus choices.  My H and I each got a different one.  They were surprisingly really different from each other, but both delicious.  My H got the chicken schwarma, which had a really yummy garlic tzatiki sauce.  I got a shrimp dish with saffron cous-cous.  It was also delicious.  We'll definitely be back.  Their dinner prices are pretty spendy.  But even their normal lunch prices are decent.

Then we started our Costco scan gig and did that for 3 hours.  But I needed to leave around 5:30 to go to a community event, for help with getting my COVID vaccination record linked to my digital driver's license.  I waited in line for over an hour there.  Ugh!  I wasn't expecting it to take that long.  But they got me squared away and now my recognized vaccination proof is on my phone.

I got to use my "digital license and vaccination record" for the first time on Saturday, when I went to Harrah's to play $20 in slot play I had available.  I did that while my H finished our longtime gig job, taking pics of hotel event boards.  Then we went back to Costco to finish our scanning gig job.  Shopped there when we were done.

On Sunday, I was FINALLY able to rest and relax all day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh. Side note, I'm really worried about my granny's health.
    So she has skin cancer - that's never been an issue. She would get the spots burned off. It wasn't an issue.
    Anyways, Friday my mum had to take her to dr. One spot on her foot that they did recently - fairly deep root also - was still bleeding. They had to cauterize it to stop it. She has von willibrant's disease {bleeding disorder - long story, can explain later}, plus takes blood thinners for her heart and with it being her foot, the dr said although they disliked it was still bleeding they weren't surprised.
    Anyways, it also go mildly infected {again, wasn't a shock} so she's on meds.

My mum had to be in meetings yesterday, so she asked me to call her to check in.
    She sounds like she's in pain and just very .... run down isn't quite the word I'm looking for.
    I've ever been worried about her health but I mean she's 81 :( 
  • Glad to hear you guys fared well in the storm @banana468 my Aunts both reported the same. Do you do themes for birthdays? 

We made it to Charleston. DH made it. It is so good to have 2 parents again, lol. I have a massage and haircut scheduled today. DH and DS are going to get suits for the wedding. It is just nice to be here. 🙂
    Gorgeous photo!

We haven't done themes before and the kiddo doesn't want a frosted cake!  So we'll see what we do.  It's so rough to plan right now because he doesn't have a "best friend" right now (thanks Covid!) and his birthday is the first day of school.  

We'll figure out something.  
  • I'm over summer, too. It's back up to the mid 90s and humid here and I just can't. Come on September! 

It was a pretty quiet weekend here. We did a ton of yard work Saturday. Even though it's hot, the leaves are starting to fall, so that's cool. A couple of my mom's siblings are in town, so they came over for dinner Saturday night. Yesterday we moved into the guest room and I got to have dinner with one of my oldest friends. 

Now I'm looking for something to send my sister. She works at the hospital and is having a rough time. She's not even in the ICU, but the whole hospital is being pushed to its limits and it kills her. I don't know what to say or do, so I'm thinking I'll send coffee. Or wine. 
  • This weekend was fine.  I worked all weekend.  Had a good friend come into town unexpectedly on Saturday and got to hang out with him, so I really enjoyed that.  I also somehow always end up at dinner with his family and I love them too, so that was super fun.  Went to the bar and lasted for all of an hour before going home and crashing hard around 8 pm.

Work had me in tears by 8:21.  Then, somehow, it became a bigger clusterfvck, but at least it wasn't my problem.  I'm just exhausted by this place at this point.  However, I think my plan for a solution is going to be accepted.  It's going to be a bitch, but we have bar numbers on the line at this point, so hopefully owner realizes the emergency we're in.
  • Im sorry to hear that @MissKittyDanger. Let’s hope those meds kick in!
    @missJeanLouise wow! What a great pic! I need to get there asap.

• Interesting!  I placed a mobile order to pick up lunch at Popeye's.  They had a "bouncer" at the door checking everyone's proof of vaccination.  I even asked because I thought it was just indoor dining (like in a restaurant) that was affected and was curious, but the employee told me that it also included walking inside fast food places.  I had my phone with me, so at least it was nbd.  But I know I can't be the only person surprised and some of those folks might not be vaccinated.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad it is being done.  The more inconvenient we make it for people to be unvaccinated, then the more people will get vaccinated.  But I do feel bad for fast food owners and personnel.  They are already short staffed and now they need to keep an entire employee at the front door, who does nothing but check people's vaccination records.  If I owned a fast food place, I'd probably shut down the indoors entirely and make everyone use the drive thru, just to save that extra cost and hassle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy here they're slowly trying to implement "vaccine passports" - which I really like. Right now it's just bringing your paperwork to various places.
    Like M and SFIL are going to a football game this Saturday and I had to print M's vax records because they won't accept seeing the email.
  • Yes, plus a lot of the excuses were “I won’t get it until its FDA approved”.
    today : it’s FDA approved.

Now what?

and yeah @ei34, obnoxious.  But last year I was with her and she was accusing him of sleeping with this womam he hangs around with. Friday, he’s innocent.  I’m far to nice to bring her up with these group of friends though.  I just rolled my eyes.

no STBX time!  Score! 

• Oregon just banned potential buyers from writing "love letters" about the property to the sellers.  I remember we had a discussion about these a few months back.  It sounds like, technically, they can still write a letter.  But a real estate agent must reject any communication that would reveal the buyer's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or familial status.

But it's hard to write a letter without revealing at least some of that.  I was picturing what a typical love property letter might look like, lol.

"My husband and I really love this home - (s**t, marital status).  I grew up in this neighborhood and have always wanted to raise my own family here - (race-maybe, national origin, familial status).  I'm currently 4 months pregnant with twin girls and we could see bringing our babies home to this house - (gender, sexual orientation, familial status-again).  We can picture them growing up here.  Running downstairs on Christmas morning to open presents under the tree, that will look perfect in the picture window in the living room - (dang it, religion).  But our Boston terrier mix might be the happiest of all!  She will love getting out of our cooped up apartment and having that great yard to run around in - (okay, pets are a safe topic)."  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vaccine passports are just immunization records that we’ve been using for decades!!! 

(I would have shouted that in all caps, but I like y’all)
    yep! BK has one. I laugh because people are so "we don't need it"
    Yes. You do. I cannot trust you got your measles shot, how can I trust you got your covid shot?
  • Vaccine passports are just immunization records that we’ve been using for decades!!! 

This is sort of true.  I applaud them for locations like public schooling but I cannot recall needing to show my proof of immunization for anything previously.  Despite being immunized against measles and the surges in areas I haven't been asked to show proof of immunization for community type uses like getting on the ferry or to a restaurant.

That said, I agree with you.  We're in new times.  The Covid-19 pandemic is not comparable to anything else and the transmissibility of the new Delta variant is comparable diseases like measles and chickenpox.  Even as a vaccinated (with Pfizer) person, I can still be infected and my two kids are obviously too young to be vaccinated at this time.  

I'm still wanting to see how the current ruling from the Bahamas is going to conflict with Desantis' ruling about vaccine passports.  Not sure if anyone is paying attention but you cannot get off a cruise ship in the Bahamas without proof of vaccination that comes directly from the ship's captain.  That's going to be a big kick in the stomach to the governor who is trying to boost the cruise industry while also jerking over every hospital in his state.
  • banana468 said:
    Vaccine passports are just immunization records that we’ve been using for decades!!! 

This is sort of true.  I applaud them for locations like public schooling but I cannot recall needing to show my proof of immunization for anything previously.  Despite being immunized against measles and the surges in areas I haven't been asked to show proof of immunization for community type uses like getting on the ferry or to a restaurant.

That said, I agree with you.  We're in new times.  The Covid-19 pandemic is not comparable to anything else and the transmissibility of the new Delta variant is comparable diseases like measles and chickenpox.  Even as a vaccinated (with Pfizer) person, I can still be infected and my two kids are obviously too young to be vaccinated at this time.  

I'm still wanting to see how the current ruling from the Bahamas is going to conflict with Desantis' ruling about vaccine passports.  Not sure if anyone is paying attention but you cannot get off a cruise ship in the Bahamas without proof of vaccination that comes directly from the ship's captain.  That's going to be a big kick in the stomach to the governor who is trying to boost the cruise industry while also jerking over every hospital in his state.
    Yah that’s fair, although I think about it like- I had to share immunization records to go to college, to travel to certain countries; baby M has to be vaccinated at his pediatrician office. So like we do have to show these some times, we’re just because asked for them more often give the seriousness of the situation. 
  • banana468 said:
    Vaccine passports are just immunization records that we’ve been using for decades!!! 

I never thought about it, but I wouldn't even know where to go to get my immunization records for all those ones you get as a baby/child.

The first person I'd ask is my mom, lol.  Knowing her, she'd probably go right to her filing cabinet and say, "Here ya go!"  As the 40+ year old papers start to disintegrate in the  sunlight streaming from the window, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    banana468 said:

I know I’m in healthcare, but I’ve had to show proof of pretty much every vaccine at every job I’ve ever worked at. It’s a little different from needing to show it everywhere, but tbh I’m more than fine with it. It’s a public health duty to be vaccinated. 
    I haven't needed to show immunization records for any job BUT I did need them to enroll in any school and to enroll my kids in school.

I am no expert in international travel either although I know some countries do require different immunizations.  

I also agree with both of you that I think there should be more agreement and working together regarding a plan to both implement the process and adopt it.  At the job level or schooling level this is done in the process of applying.  If you do not meet the requirements you aren't getting the job and/or you receive warning that your child will not be allowed in the building.  This is different from the ways that we can require businesses to refuse service to those who aren't vaccinated especially when those businesses are in the service industry and those enforcing it are likely in no position of authority.  

I *want* to know that I'm safe when getting my groceries and my take out pizza but also have massive sympathy for the fights that the grocery store employees and pizza shop employees are facing to try to enforce the practice.  

If ONLY when this started we didn't have a leader who downplayed the pandemic as it began, called it racist names and who refused to tout the efficacy of the vaccines until Saturday.   If only the seeds of doubt weren't sowed we may not be in this situation in the first place. 
  • banana468 said:

Yah that’s fair, although I think about it like- I had to share immunization records to go to college, to travel to certain countries; baby M has to be vaccinated at his pediatrician office. So like we do have to show these some times, we’re just because asked for them more often give the seriousness of the situation. 
    Honest question - does he?  Does his pediatrician require that to continue to see patients then they must be vaccinated?  

Obviously daycares have their own requirements.  I ask because I know several parents who continue the annual well-visit checkups for their children and who refuse standard immunizations.  
  • banana468 said:
    banana468 said:

Honest question - does he?  Does his pediatrician require that to continue to see patients then they must be vaccinated?  

Obviously daycares have their own requirements.  I ask because I know several parents who continue the annual well-visit checkups for their children and who refuse standard immunizations.  
    I can’t speak for @charlotte989875 specifically but there are pediatricians who require all patients be vaccinated to be a part of the practice. It’s a controversial view but I understand why they do it. 

• Oregon just banned potential buyers from writing "love letters" about the property to the sellers.  I remember we had a discussion about these a few months back.  It sounds like, technically, they can still write a letter.  But a real estate agent must reject any communication that would reveal the buyer's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or familial status.

But it's hard to write a letter without revealing at least some of that.  I was picturing what a typical love property letter might look like, lol.

"My husband and I really love this home - (s**t, marital status).  I grew up in this neighborhood and have always wanted to raise my own family here - (race-maybe, national origin, familial status).  I'm currently 4 months pregnant with twin girls and we could see bringing our babies home to this house - (gender, sexual orientation, familial status-again).  We can picture them growing up here.  Running downstairs on Christmas morning to open presents under the tree, that will look perfect in the picture window in the living room - (dang it, religion).  But our Boston terrier mix might be the happiest of all!  She will love getting out of our cooped up apartment and having that great yard to run around in - (okay, pets are a safe topic)."  
    I think it’s such a great move!
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2021

banana468 said:

banana468 said:

It’s a pretty common requirement that you comply with the recommended vaccine schedule near me for pediatricians!
  • Btw @short+sassy I meant to ask you what the purpose of the Costco scanning was.  Just store inventory for them?