Wedding Woes

Hey y'all, it's THURSDAY

What's up for today? 

DH has a meeting/interview with his current employer today for an open position on another account.  DH is mostly doing it to entertain any counter they'll make, but he's pretty sure he's leaving to take the job he accepted or if he gets an offer from yesterday's interview.  

Because I'm one of the most low-maintenance people on my team, my boss loves me.  He's always asking my opinion on stuff and also putting me on special projects/missions.   Also, work is giving us Amazon GC's and door dash lunch next week because we've turned our numbers around so fast.

Other than that, SSDD.  Ready for the weekend.  Fingers crossed we have all the info, so DH and I can really get into our decision making about the future.  We're definitely going to do pros and cons list. 

Prudie coming up. 

Re: Hey y'all, it's THURSDAY

• Not a whole lot.
    I had digestive issues yesterday and went home early.
    M ended up having a brief issue but nothing like mine.

So little update on my grandma - dr sent her to hospital yesterday to be checked for the infection. She now has cellulitis and is on an i.v :\  I'm worried.

We finally got the back pay from BK's speech, so I'm pretty glad as it will make my budget easier to manage with screwy pay days of preK
  • Today is a mess at work. Three people have called off and my manager won’t be in so it all falls on me. I’m in the Starbucks line again in defeated acceptance. I might be late but oh well. You can either have me two minutes late and caffeinated or you can add me to the call of list at this point. What a week. 

Good vibes for MrConn! 

I’m getting my nails done today and after that I’m taking the evening to relax and go to bed early. Whew.  

• We went to visit a daycare this morning. I cried. I know it’s good for him but damn it sucks to think about sending him off to strangers. 
    It's definitely weird but best thing is go with your gut feeling. This is someone watching your child, if you have a bad gut feeling then trust it.
    We got lucky and found our daycare and loved her right away - she was our one and only interview
  • Happy birthday!!! @CharmedPam

• Happy Birthday, Pam!

Nothing much going on here. Demo has started on the bathroom, so I'm just working with the door closed. It turns out I'm married to the guy who's turning into his dad hovering over the plumber in that commercial. I'm going to have to tell him to leave them alone. 
  • My patience is just gone at work.  I am so tired of redoing work, being copied on stuff that it's so obvious that I did my work and you didn't, so stop fucking emailing me on it again, and my email is out of control.

Had to buy another dress and boots, b/c teh stuff from Shein just didn't work.  Nothing wrong with it per se, but I don't like it.  I'm just ready for the break in 2 weeks.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Work tonight.  Tomorrow, I still need to finish cleaning the apartment.  I really Really REALLY want to go see Candyman, but it might have to wait until Sunday.
  • Good idea @mrsconn23, to weigh all your options.  Isn’t DH’s place a sinking ship anyway? If he stays and years down the line in the same position…

Happy birthday! 

The company he works for is contracted by other companies to fulfill their logistics (referred to as 3rd party logistics or 3PL).  The contract he's on is ending because the company accepted another bid.  There's an open position on a different contract his company has that's a solid contract.  His conversation with the manager of the other contract was interesting and gives us a lot of think about, however there's a HUGE contingency that has to break the right way for us to even consider him staying. 

Also, the big question mark is the result of yesterday's interview.  If he gets an offer and it's in the ballpark of what we've googled, DH said he's going to take the leap. 
  • OH no @banana468, poor Chiquita.  That really sucks.  And I totally understand it too.  I hate when I feel just as awkward as my kid in those situations.  I wish I could activate a zero fucks button, LOL. 
  • @mrsconn23, continued good luck to your H!  And a door dash lunch and Amazon gc sound like such a nice work bonus.

My work is more like.  Ookkaayyy (big sigh), if the developing storm hits NOLA as a hurricane next week and there is 2' or more of flood waters around our building AND we lose power...we will maybe let you work from home.  I'm bitchily exaggerating...but not by much, lol.

@charlotte989875, good luck on your interview!  And with choosing a daycare!

@MissKittyDanger, Best wishes to your grandma.  I hope she is well soon.

@CharmedPam, happy birthday!

@banana468, I hope things work out for Chiquita with that friendship.  I think we've all felt that way at some point in life.  I can imagine it especially hurts to see your kids get their first taste of that.

I actually have a busy day at work!  Such a rarity, lol.  I might even have to work OT tomorrow because of it.  Which I'm super cool with.  I wish I had more OT opportunities, but this would only be like the 4th-ish one in the 9 years I've had this job, lol.

I belong to a local chapter of a national real estate group.  I'm going to the meeting tonight for the first time since before the pandemic.  My H is joining me, which he rarely does, but it's a really important topic for us, so I want us both there.  It's about buying apartment complexes, which is the next step I want to get into.  That probably isn't happening anytime soon but, for a newbie, I'm sure there are things I could/should be doing now to help set myself up for that a few years down the line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachbody on demand peeps, the new Shaun T workout series is legit.  
  • We went to visit a daycare this morning. I cried. I know it’s good for him but damn it sucks to think about sending him off to strangers. 

Interview this afternoon. I’m actually more excited than I was before. I read up on the people interviewing me and some of their projects. Still not sure I actually want to leave but at least will be interesting to hear what they’re doing 
    I totally cried hard (after I left) on both of G's "first" days.  He only went for 4 days before he was home with us for a year and sending him back was so hard!  It gets easier for everyone, but man it's rough at first.  *hugs*
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Happiest birthday @CharmedPam
    Those are some awesome work perks @mrsconn23 and I love beachbody on demand
    All the vibes @charlotte989875 my sister is looking into daycares for my nephew (also "M" btw!)...it's hard.  Definitely good for them but hard.
    Ugh @banana468 I know how you feel.  Watching our kids navigate friendships/social situations is hard.   A girl who was in older DD's class in K and 1st, and they've been playing together at the pool a few days a week all summer, abruptly told her on Monday "I don't want to play with you anymore."  Umm...okay??  Heartbreaking.

In a blistering heatwave here.  (I know, so is everyone else.  I'm still going to complain lol.)  Having a productive week at work preparing for students, lesson planning, catching up with co-teachers.  Brief half days, nothing crazy.  We teach in Long Island (suburb right outside NYC) and there's been some talk about what would happen if other districts mandated vaccines like the city did.  I would personally love if everyone needed it, so I'm for it.  I have two extremely annoying Trumpy anti-mask anti-vax coworkers who would flip, I'd kind of love that.
  • ei34 said:
    Happiest birthday @CharmedPam
    Those are some awesome work perks @mrsconn23 and I love beachbody on demand
    All the vibes @charlotte989875 my sister is looking into daycares for my nephew (also "M" btw!)...it's hard.  Definitely good for them but hard.
    Ugh @banana468 I know how you feel.  Watching our kids navigate friendships/social situations is hard.   A girl who was in older DD's class in K and 1st, and they've been playing together at the pool a few days a week all summer, abruptly told her on Monday "I don't want to play with you anymore."  Umm...okay??  Heartbreaking.

In a blistering heatwave here.  (I know, so is everyone else.  I'm still going to complain lol.)  Having a productive week at work preparing for students, lesson planning, catching up with co-teachers.  Brief half days, nothing crazy.  We teach in Long Island (suburb right outside NYC) and there's been some talk about what would happen if other districts mandated vaccines like the city did.  I would personally love if everyone needed it, so I'm for it.  I have two extremely annoying Trumpy anti-mask anti-vax coworkers who would flip, I'd kind of love that.
    I would love to see more places do this - especially in the public sector with public facing jobs.  You are costing taxpayer dollars by refusing to do it if you get sick!
  • Happy Birthday, @CharmedPam. @mrsconn23 good vibes to your H for the job hope it goes which ever way y'all want. Good luck with looking for childcare @charlotte989875. Oh @banana468, I remember feeling like my heart was going to break for DD when she went through "friend" stuff at about Chiquita's age. Late elementary/middle school girls are just awful!

We are getting into a vacation rhythm. I've been walking on the beach in the morning before it gets to hot. Today we had to get my bike tired repaired because I had a flat then we spent the afternoon at the pool. Going to a college friend's house for dinner. Last night we went out for dinner to a restaurant that has a screened porch. OMG the food was fabulous. We went there one other time pre-pandemic. DD and SIL are going there next week for their anniversary (they all arrive here on Monday). We are enjoying the peace and quiet before 2 three year olds and a 4 month old arrive. 

DS2 found a car! Insurance ended up paying more than we thought he'd get so he is getting a new car of the same make. Unfortunately he won't get it until mid September. He extended his rental lease a week (when he comes down here) then he will be here a week. He'll just walk to work and Uber if he really needs to get somewhere else until he gets the new car.

H and I are playing with the idea of buying a home down here and renting it when we aren't using it. We have lots of investigating to do but we just love it down here. We wouldn't use it enough to justify owning a home and not renting it. We shall see. We will probably talk to our friends who live here about it. They have a home in Atlanta (about 5 hours away) so are here frequently and don't rent their home out (it is also too nice to rent out IMO).
  • @CharmedPam Happy birthday!

• Thanks @Casadena for saying that! I know he’ll like playing with other kids but it’s so so hard!

So glad you met with a therapist. I started seeing one after M was born and it’s made such a huge difference! I definitely wasn’t prepared for postpartum anxiety at all and just having someone tell me that it’s okay that I was feeling what I was helped so much! If you ever want to chat let me me know! 
  • Thanks everyone!! I know, logically daycare will be good for him, it’s just so hard. Thanks for making me feel better me feel better that it’s hard for everyone. 
  • How’s your sister doing @ei34
  • Ty everyone!  American Horror Story gave me a great bday present with a double feature :)