Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Nothing much going on here.  Both jobs tonight.  The weekend was fun and leisurely.  No big news to report.

I kind of paid attention to the Met Gala last night.  I don't think I've ever disliked a gala so much.  Most of the clothes were great, but they weren't in theme.  The ones that were, I was really happy with.  Lupita wins as "I understood the assignment" amazing gown:

See Lupita Nyong39o39s DeBeers Jewelry From the 2021 Met Gala  InStyle

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    BK had such a good day :) She was stoked to see my mum pick her up.
    Luckily my mum has the chance to feed her because she was tired a.f lol Her bedtime is usually around 8:15 but last night she went to be at like 7:45
    One story, and I asked if she wanted to snuggle a bit, but she just climbed into bed and said "go sleep" So I tucked her in. Poor kid was exhausted.

We aren't changing bed time yet, we're letting this week be her decision. If it continues then obv we change it but we'll see.
  • Options
    But seriously @varunatt what was Kim Kardashian wearing? I agree there were so looks I LOVED (Tracee Ellis Ross, Normani, Simone Biles) but they weren’t on them. I did like Ben Platt’s denim tuxedo. 
  • Options
    I didn't realize the Met Gala has a theme, but then again I've never watched just occasionally see recaps afterwards on outfits
  • Options
    Another interview today. I’m tired and dragging so I’m going to need a lot of coffee. 

The bathroom wall is still down, H is now ripping out the window sill because he thinks that’s where the ant nest is. I hate home construction. 
  • Options
    At the office today. Dropped B off and came in so I dealt with rush hour. Could have been worse but I still don't want to have to do it often.

good: we have chair massages in the office and I'm getting my hair cut after. I got it cut recently and they barely cut any off so now I'm back. Getting pictures with B in 2 weeks so I need it shorter so I can attempt to look decent.

hopefully buying a bundle of electric battery operated tools (mower, blower, weedwacker, hedge trimmers). Had hoped to avoid buying stuff for a year or two but it is a good deal and will be less frustrating than what is currently there. I really want to get the gas mower running so I can sell it though 
  • Options
    I haven't seen any looks other than Lupita's (thanks varuna for posting!) but I do want to check out.
    In parenting/social media- I know a few years ago I recommended BusyToddler as a great account to follow on instagram, but I hereby denounce her and recommend drbeckyatgoodinside.  My kiddie nutritionist recs still stand  :D
  • Options
    I love Dr Becky!  I like Big Feelings too (or something like that)
  • Options
    I actually exercised in the morning for the second day in a row. It's been so hard for me to get back into it. Before Covid, I went to the gym every single day after work. When we started working from home, I just fell off. My gym next to my job never opened back up. I have a gym in my building BUT you still have to wear a mask in it. And I just hate it. So anyway, I've been focusing on just doing body weight exercises on my yoga mat in my living room. At least it's something! 

Was loving a lot of the Met Gala looks, but yes, not many that fit the theme. Kim K looked so ridiculous, especially since this is the 3rd time we've know seen her in this type of get up. If there's a message behind it, tell us. Otherwise, it's just dumb. 
  • Options
    I actually exercised in the morning for the second day in a row. It's been so hard for me to get back into it. Before Covid, I went to the gym every single day after work. When we started working from home, I just fell off. My gym next to my job never opened back up. I have a gym in my building BUT you still have to wear a mask in it. And I just hate it. So anyway, I've been focusing on just doing body weight exercises on my yoga mat in my living room. At least it's something! 

Was loving a lot of the Met Gala looks, but yes, not many that fit the theme. Kim K looked so ridiculous, especially since this is the 3rd time we've know seen her in this type of get up. If there's a message behind it, tell us. Otherwise, it's just dumb. 
    This was my feeling on it! Like, it’s ridiculous AND we’ve seen her wear it a few times. 
  • Options

This was my feeling on it! Like, it’s ridiculous AND we’ve seen her wear it a few times. 
    It's just so weird that it was also her Met Gala outfit. Like, ok, we saw it at the Donda listening party. She arrived in NY in a similar get up. And then the Met. Whatever you were going for, the shock of it has already worn off. 
  • Options
    I had to go to the office in person Thursday Friday Monday and I am flat out exhausted. Way way too much and traffic is back and I had to wear work clothes. 0/10. Rest of the week should be ok though, and I’m having friends over for dinner Friday which should be nice and casual and easy. I want to buy allllll the fall clothes but trying really hard not to. All I really need is a wine drinking sweater- comfy yet sexy enough for a date. 
  • Options
    I had to go to the office in person Thursday Friday Monday and I am flat out exhausted. Way way too much and traffic is back and I had to wear work clothes. 0/10. Rest of the week should be ok though, and I’m having friends over for dinner Friday which should be nice and casual and easy. I want to buy allllll the fall clothes but trying really hard not to. All I really need is a wine drinking sweater- comfy yet sexy enough for a date. 
    I really, really miss the lack of traffic when mostly everyone but me was working from home. And with NYC schools opening back up this week, it's been crazy so far. UGH. 
  • Options
    Good luck with your interview @charlotte989875.

Staying home and inside while Nicholas rages outside, although it seems pretty light right now. Unfortunately, my oven decided to spring a gas leak today of all days. The maintenance crew is around and say they can fix it or replace it later this afternoon. Still an annoying clusterf*ck.

My dad's second refrigerator delivery was also a clusterf*ck that led him to cancel his order altogether and purchase another refrigerator elsewhere. It was supposed to be be delivered today; not happening because of Nicholas.

And at work, a client dumped an "emergency" project due tomorrow on us at the last minute, and my boss wastes time by calling an unnecessary staff meeting and talking too much during that meeting, while expecting me to take random calls from clients that use up more of my time. I can't wait to get out of this job. The last day is Friday. Then I start a new one.

At least something good will happen soon.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2021
    DH had to get up and be at work at 5:30am today.  His boss isn't in the office until tomorrow, so he's being trained by two day shift peers for now.  He's gonna be beat tonight.  He's definitely feeling fish out of water.  I keep reminding him it's day 2 and he's not gonna feel settled for awhile. 

I'm off tomorrow. I think I'm going to take DefConn shopping for jeans.  His ones from last year are very tight on his little butt.  His body is deceptive because he looks skinny, but he's actually really solidly built and he's popped a little bubble butt in the last year or so. It was interesting to see him next to my friend's girls this past weekend.  One is a year older and the other is the same age, and they tower over him.  

I forget how many commercials we miss because we watch so much streaming.  I saw the trailer for "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" last night for the first time when we were watching MNF.  I am interested, but COVID has trained me to look for it to be released streaming the same day as release.  LOL  

SSDD...it's Tuesday.  
  • Options
    I didn't know the Met Gala had a theme either.  I think some attendees were confused and thought it was "sci fi".  I'm not saying that in jest.  I was surprised at a few outfits I saw that looked more like they'd be in the costume room for a sci fi movie.

I didn't like most of the outfits.  Though I do need to separate out my distaste from "that's just ugly, because it's ugly" as compared to "that's ugly, but they are specifically going for weird/unique, so at least I can respect it".

Since I'm not in the echelons of ever being invited to the Met Gala, it's hard for me to imagine wearing anything but a gorgeous gown, lol.  But I guess for the movers and shakers and celebrities who go to a lot of these events, it's more fun to expand out and wear bizarre stuff.

I know this makes me a prude, but I also don't want to see anyone's underwear.  So I don't like those type of outfits.  Whether it's a see through dress or a gap (instead of a slit) that's cut up to their waist.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2021
    I had to google KIm K met gala 2021.  Did she wear a shadow suit/dress? That’s ummm interesting.  I also read she took out her butt implants and the dress kinda showed that.  Still, an ass I wouldn’t mind having. 

Good luck on the new job @Jen4948 and good riddance to this one!
    @climbingsingle good job on the workouts! 

I’ve noticed lately I feel so ugh when I skip my workouts. Even if I don’t do a quick 1/2 hr walk because I’m to lazy. Yesterday I was so down and lethargic I was looking at groupons for things I can’t afford but something new is needed for me. I really want my tape in hair extensions back, but I can’t afford the upkeep after paying the inital one and gotta keep in the clip ins I use. I did buy a fun black to burgundy ombre on Friday. That was out of my price range but too fun to pass up on.  My normal color is black. 
    Edit words

• Options
    Hey everyone!  The last week was a little crazy.  We were supposed to be in Iowa most of last week for my friends wedding.but unfortunately my mom had a direct covid exposure at work (her coworker is vaccinated). We ended up not taking the boys and H stayed home with them while I stayed at my grandmas empty house (she is at the nursing home now).  The wedding was a blast and my friend was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen in real life. 

Good luck with the new job, Jen! 
    @climbingsingle congrats on the workouts.  I can't wait to start working out again.  It will be a little easier to fit in short ones when both kids are at school starting next week.  I am SO not ready to back to work.  

• Options
    I am trying to purge this late summer cold and I honestly find that the workout / sweating helps to purge the gross stuff that accumulated overnight.   I used to never be one to need to work out but thanks to that Peloton app I'm digging the morning music to jump start my day. 

I MUST get DH motivated to sit down and figure out the furniture we are going to buy at some point.  With delivery times that are long the more we put off purchasing the longer our 7 year old will be sleeping in a toddler bed (DO NOT JUDGE ME!). 

I bought some basic wire shelves today at Amazon so I can start to store our Costco purchases.  They're currently on the floor in my office making it look like a hoarder's paradise and I'm ready to scream. 

• Options
    Anyone have a good recipe that uses a lot of cabbage?  I accidentally ordered 2 in my grocery pickup yesterday and they are the biggest green cabbages I have ever seen 
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    Anyone have a good recipe that uses a lot of cabbage?  I accidentally ordered 2 in my grocery pickup yesterday and they are the biggest green cabbages I have ever seen 
    cabbage rolls & coleslaw are my first thoughts
  • Options
    Last day before vacation!

All this talk about the Met, lol.  That is one of our "must do" activities for this trip.  We didn't have time for it last trip and I've never been.  I've seen on their website that you need to make reservations ahead of time, but looks like there is good availability.

The weather looks like it is going to be AH-MAZING!  70s and lows in the high 60s.  Sunny and more sun, except for Friday.  Yes, please!  Way better than here, which is going to be hot with more hot and thunderstorms galore (fallout from TS Nicholas).  Better weather is always a nice bonus.  

Of course, "procrastinator me" still has a lot to do today.  Including ALL the packing.  Usually, I've at least "planned out" in my head what I'm going to take.  I've done none of that, lol.  I wanted to buy more comfortable shoes and a couple new outfits.  But, oh well, that went to the wayside with the hurricane.  In fact, Amazon still isn't making deliveries here, smh.  I have three packages that were ordered before the hurricane that I am still waiting on.

I guess the hurricane kerfluffle made our client sit up and take notice.  They are providing a lot of us with laptops, which is nice.  I found out that mine will be delivered and set up in my cube, while I'm out.

My work is still providing us with lunch.  Woo-hoo.  Today is pizza.  Oh yeah!  I'm about to have gratuitous amounts of REAL pizza on my trip, lol.  But inferior, free pizza is still appreciated today, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2021

My work is still providing us with lunch.  Woo-hoo.  Today is pizza.  Oh yeah!  I'm about to have gratuitous amounts of REAL pizza on my trip, lol.  But inferior, free pizza is still appreciated today, lol.
    Oh.  You’re coming to Chicago then? 😉 thought it was NY….
    Edit: our admin is the worst at pizza ordering. It’s always just a cheese pizza and a sausage one.  Boooooring.  Especially cheese only.  Someone came in our office from out of town so she was instructed to order the chicago stuffed.  And got a cheese and sausage.  I barley “get” thin crust cheese only - why are we wasting money on a brick of cheese?!?

Pizza, to be a pizza, needs pineapple on it. End of discussion.

ooooh cabbage rolls.  I haven’t had some good ones in awhile.  My grandma made the best ones.  Egg roll in a bowl also sounds delish.

edit to my edit lol… we’re talking about food too early and our lunch order has been delayed.  Plus, it’s a boring salad. 

• Options
    So excited for your trip I think you’ll have a great time! I’d double check the weather though it’s telling me highs in the 80s most days if you’re leaving tomorrow. I’m def not yet wearing jeans for an all day of wandering way too hot. And if you’re stressing about shoes sneakers are totally fine for everywhere except the fanciest restaurants 
  • Options
    wut
  • Options

Oh.  You’re coming to Chicago then? 😉 thought it was NY….
    Edit: our admin is the worst at pizza ordering. It’s always just a cheese pizza and a sausage one.  Boooooring.  Especially cheese only.  Someone came in our office from out of town so she was instructed to order the chicago stuffed.  And got a cheese and sausage.  I barley “get” thin crust cheese only - why are we wasting money on a brick of cheese?!?

ooooh cabbage rolls.  I haven’t had some good ones in awhile.  My grandma made the best ones.  Egg roll in a bowl also sounds delish.

edit to my edit lol… we’re talking about food too early and our lunch order has been delayed.  Plus, it’s a boring salad. 
    Uh oh!  The classic debate, lol.

I know this is blasphemy, but I don't even consider Chicago-style pizza to be a true pizza.  To me, it's so deep dish it "feels" more like a casserole.  I like it also, though!

Your admin is the worst at pizza ordering, lol.  I'm all about the toppings.  For me, pepperoni is the minimum.

This would definitely be blasphemy, but I'd love a pizza place to make a pizza bowl.  No dough at all.  Just throw all their toppings into a bowl with a delicious sauce, lol.  Done.

I am surprised at my work.  They only had one type of pizza with sausage, pepperoni, onion, and bell pepper as toppings.  Fortunately, those are all great toppings for me.  But nothing for vegetarians, plus a lot of people like plain cheese pizzas. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Actually, where are my Chicago peeps?
    We do have 2 pizza styles. There’s the chciago stuffed, what we’re labeled with… but we also do a super thin crust which is also “chicago tradition”.  But no one thinks of that when they think of Chicago.  It’s also cut in squares.  And NY’ers hate that! Lol. My ex, from NY, would always tell the people taking the order to cut in pie slices because he hated the squares.

edit:  all about toppings too! I dont need Hawaiian everytime either.  I do like deluxe.  @short+sassy, yeah vegetarians wouldnt like that option….

here’s some pizza knowledge. Also, still regretting my lunch salad
    https://www.foodbeast.com/news/10-chicago-pizzas/

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited September 2021
    We do have 2 pizza styles. There’s the chciago stuffed, what we’re labeled with… but we also do a super thin crust which is also “chicago tradition”.  But no one thinks of that when they think of Chicago.  It’s also cut in squares.  And NY’ers hate that! Lol. My ex, from NY, would always tell the people taking the order to cut in pie slices because he hated the squares.

edit:  all about toppings too! I dont need Hawaiian everytime either.  I do like deluxe

here’s some pizza history.  Also still regretting my lunch salad
    That's because it's just a rip-off of NY style, except the way it is cut.  (I'm kidding!)

Now that I read the article, it apparently also has a thinner crust more like a cracker.  

If it's a good pizza, it's a good pizza and it doesn't matter how it's cut.  Octagons, flower shapes.  I don't care, lol.

That was an interesting article!  Since mrsmitten doesn't hang out here anymore, I'm going to bad mouth Detroit style, lol.  Why would you even put sauce on the top of the pizza?  What is wrong with those people, lol?  Seriously though, it makes the flavor more "sauce heavy", which I could see some people preferring.  But it's definitely not my preference.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2021

edit:  all about toppings too! I dont need Hawaiian everytime either.  I do like deluxe.  @short+sassy, yeah vegetarians wouldnt like that option….

here’s some pizza knowledge. Also, still regretting my lunch salad
    YAS!  Square pizza for the win!  I love Chicago stuffed too, but the thin crust with a shit ton of cheese and toppings is one of my faves.  Each piece is like a 1/4 lb because it's so loaded down with toppings on the thin crust. 

When I was a kid, I used to steal the triangle corners before anyone else could get them.  My sisters would be so shitty.