Wedding Woes

Thursday.

I stated work about 7:30 this morning so I’m pretty cranky about that. It’s also supposed to be approximately 1 million degrees again today (okay like in the 80s) and I’m over it. I want fall and jeans and sweaters. 

Anyone having a better Thursday than me?

Re: Thursday.

• Amusing times here.

So BK went home in a different top - not what we packed - and shorts. Her stuff was in a bag, but my mum figures it's from being outside because we had rain.
    I facetime and I ask "oh is that your shirt?" {my mum has a stash} and she's like "...no?"
    Random shirt.
    And she asks about shoes staying there.
    Uhm what shoes?
    BK came home with someone else's shoes lol I brought them back and advised the top would return soon.

BK has been so friggen tired, she is a mess at night. If I pass my license in December, I'm going to start looking at cars because M needs to pick her up early to start dinner so she's eating and crashing sooner. We changed her bed time from 8:15 to 7:50 but I'm not entirely sold that's early enough but we'll see. I think bath time will have to be started earlier also.

Bonus is that I can get more stuff done and I can go to bed earlier myself. I don't, but I could.

I have to go to the store at lunch. I've been so good with packing my lunch that we're out of some items. So that's great. I'm sending extra snacks to my mum's place also for BK

I have a list of stuff I wanna do over weekend but idk how much I'll get done. I need another long weekend lol
  • It actually is starting to feel like fall here, kinda. We're getting the remnants of Nicholas this week, so it's drizzling and 70s. Not exactly campfire weather, but the rain was kind of nice for a little jog this morning. I know it's going to be hot and gross again soon, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts. 

I ordered some new jeans this morning. I really didn't want to because I've been losing weight and I want to either fit back in the stuff I have or wait until I get to my goal to spend money, but I need something to wear to this thing next week and nothing in my closet fits. Jeez, I'm exciting. 
  • Hs last day at his job was yesterday and he had 2 weeks off before starting his new one!  So I'm having a mama day.  Running errands and shopping a little and just doing whatever and hes with baby since I start back next week.  I was solo with the boys last night for the first time and it was great. We went to the park. Both of them were chill and happy at home and G announced it was time for "ni-night" at 6:40.  Baby went down at 730.  It was amazing.  The weather is in the 60s right now so overall the day is off to a great start!!  

The boys have school picture day tomorrow and I'm so excited and i don't know what they would wear.  Fully expecting them to be a disaster and I can't wait.  
  • Well my morning started with my gyn appointment lol. Thankfully everything looks good, but I do have to get mammograms every year and an additional sonogram because of my dense breasts. My first mammo was last year when I turned 40. 

He did also say that the pill could mask symptoms of menopause (I had no idea!) so he wants me to do full bloodwork with my GP to test my levels. 

In the office now. Bleh. Is it Friday yet?
  • @climbingsingle I also have to have the US mammogram because of my dense breasts.  First was last year and I got the note yesterday to get it scheduled.

One of the gripes with the pill itself is that while it can make certain symptoms associated with painful periods feel better, it's essentially tricking your body into a different state.  Ricky Lake did a documentary recently on it and I haven't seen it yet but did watch her Business of Being Born series.    For my bloodwork I'll have to bring that up when I see my GP although my mom's side has a history of staying fertile into their 50s.   The other downside is that Chiquita is waiting for that moment to happen ANY DAY NOW and I have had to remind her not to hold her breath because that day is likely 18+ months away.

Heading into a day of contentious discussions with customers and I'm NOT looking forward to it.  I'm imagining that all of them are staring at their computer screens like this.

Chris Farley Angry GIFs  Tenor
  • I'm here.  Finally. I was off yesterday and this morning has been stupid crazy because of work and that I'm a procrastinator.  

I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday (not covid), which sucked.  I got running around done with DefConn, but I came home and crashed because I didn't sleep well.  I feel better today and slept better last night, but I'm still not 100%. Blerg.  I'm also trying to get DefConn caught up on schoolwork before he goes back tomorrow.  (stupid quarantine...I have had a healthy and bored kid home for 1.5 weeks...over it.)

Anyway, SSDD otherwise. Prudie on the way. 
  • Beautiful day here.  Sunny and mid-70s.  Supposed to be warmer for the weekend I think.

@banana468 - I get that Chiquita is waiting for her big day.  But don't you just want to say, Girl, that crap is going to be around for 40 years...no need to rush it! lol

We have a new manager/reporting structure at work, again.  This is the 4th change in supervisor and/or manager since November!  I think we've finally landed in a stable spot and the re-organization is done for now.  I think this manager will be good and I like her so far.  But with each new person, we have to go through our current state and where we want to take the program in the future.  Hopefully, we'll get some traction this time.

Our backyard birds have been eating us out of house and home!  I've had a feeder up since the beginning of March and usually have to fill it 2-3x a week.  The past couple of weeks it's been empty every day.  We don't attract many migratory birds so they're not bulking up for that.  Maybe they are preparing for a long cold winter?  We have a bunch of finches, sparrows, chickadees, cardinals and blue jays.  They are fun to watch.

• Set up a light in B's room on a timer and told him he had to stay in bed until it went off. He's been coming out of bed so early in the mornings and throwing a fit when it is time to wake up that it is driving me crazy. I hope this continues to work.

the ILs are coming into town - driving from CA. They've been doing a lot of sightseeing so are getting in really late tonight. B will be there tomorrow through Sunday and ILs leave on Sunday - or maybe Monday morning to then go visit friends for a week. Who drives out for 4 days only to stay like 2.5-3?!? I used to blame H about that stuff as if he didn't make them think they could stay longer, but now since there is no excuse for not staying longer I am officially putting the blame on them. Sucks bc they're close to the other grandkids but when they get the rare opportunity to come see B it's like peace out, they usually don't spend much time with him
  • @VarunaTT you look fabulous!!!! Sorry about the concert but glad you had a nice time last weekend.  
  • @VarunaTT uhm BAE and LOVE your hair
  • @Casadena yay for last night going well   @VarunaTT stunning!  @charlotte989875 not 80s here but definitely not jeans and sweater weather yet either, I agree I'm totally ready!
    STBXH is getting on my veryyy last nerve.  I mean he always does but he's pushing it today.  
  • any countdown timeline @ei34 for an end in sight?
  • @VarunaTT You look amazing!  I've tried to get my eye makeup to do what you're doing here, but I have yet to master it.  You obviously have!

Early day at work, but now I'm done for the day, which is nice.  I didn't have a chance to walk the dog before I started though, so she's been in a mood.  It is amazing how much animals are creatures of habit.  They can't tell time but darn it it seems like they know to the second when something is supposed to happen.

• kerbohl said:
    @VarunaTT You look amazing!  I've tried to get my eye makeup to do what you're doing here, but I have yet to master it.  You obviously have!

Early day at work, but now I'm done for the day, which is nice.  I didn't have a chance to walk the dog before I started though, so she's been in a mood.  It is amazing how much animals are creatures of habit.  They can't tell time but darn it it seems like they know to the second when something is supposed to happen.
    So true! I have no idea how she does it, but my dog is standing in my office at 5:00 every day waiting for me to take her outside. The internal clock is strong. 
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited September 2021
    @kerbohl there was a great makeup artist I really like who explained it well on his TikTok.  "waddaboutya" and it was on 8/14/2021.  That was my 2nd time trying it and he made it really easy.  A slanted brush is key, and then something to blend it out with.
  • So there is a crazy newbie commenting on a bunch of zombie threads over on ChitChat. They were saying some anti-gay things in a couple of posts and I signaled Knot Riley. The offensive posts were removed but so was my comment on one of them asking what the heck it was (I used initials). So, are those 3 initials forbidden on the knot? This person is cray-cray!

I have book club tonight. I finished the book this morning while on the elliptical. For those interested, the book was The Color of Tea. At first I didn't think I'd like it but ended up liking it even though I figured out one thing before the end. 

Last evening, H and I bought mums and fall arrangements at Costco. HUGE mums for $15. Can't beat that price. Today I spent most of the day cleaning. We are having guests for dinner tomorrow night, and I haven't cleaned since we got home on Monday. I still need to do the kitchen and powder bath but that will be tomorrow. I baked a cake this afternoon for dessert and it stuck in the bundt pan! Ugh! I kind of glued it together with the glaze. I bought a new pan because this one was well over 40 years old!
  • @kvruns my lawyer is currently drafting our global stipulation of settlement (which I was told is the 40-or-so-page document with basically everything- the visitation schedule, the shared assets, future plans, etc.).  We are officially in the dissolution of marriage phase which around here means that, for example, what my pension, 403(b) and Roth IRA  are earning, he is no longer entitled to half of.  Or, if he found a girlfriend I couldn't accuse him of cheating on me. Things like that.  We aren't officially divorced in the eyes of the state but our intent to divorce documents are all in, what's had to be signed is signed and our case is just waiting in the long, long line of divorce cases for it to be made official.  Unfortunately no official word on how many months that will take although my lawyer imagines within 6-12 months.  
  • That's absolutely insane, @ei34.  Would it go more quickly if the divorce is uncontested?  I mean our friend M and his ex made it official in less than 2 months, but they were both on board.  Or do you live in one of those states that has the mandatory 'separation' period before you can make the divorce official. 

DH and his ex lived in VA during their marriage, but since DH was military he was still a resident here.  He got back here with the kiddo and filed for divorce here first before she could file in VA, because there's no waiting period here.  I think there's like a 6 month one in VA.  She didn't show up at all for divorce proceedings, so everything was defaulted to DH, the good (custody) and bad (finances). 
  • My divorce took a full 12 months from the time I filed. Not just because he was fighting over some stuff, but the courts were so backed up from Covid. Even getting the judge to sign off once we agreed on everything took another month. 
  • I totally didn't think about COVID.  Durr.  Yeah, I think it's taking about an average of 6-8 weeks to get a hearing scheduled in divorce court around here.  My friend just had to continue her divorce proceedings that were scheduled at the end of Aug because she wasn't ready to give a date to put her house on the market.  She's now scheduled for 3 weeks from now. 

I think before it was about 6 to get an initial hearing and 4 weeks for continuances.  I did see an article yesterday talking about how divorce lawyers are getting more business than ever post-lockdown.  
  • I’m very grateful my divorce was finalized 3 weeks before the lockdown.  One of my friends filed before me (before covid) and is still dealing with the courts.  Tons of back ups. But she also has stuff to split. And I think she wants to prolong it and stay in the house.

Missed the pic @VarunaTT but Im sure you looked fab!

• @mrsconn23 it's uncontested just backed up, unfortunately!
  • So interesting but a friend who initiated her divorce prior to the pandemic just posted this article this morning. I’m now super curious about the timing of divorces! 

• that's the article I was referring to @charlotte989875.  LMAO
  • @mrsconn23 @charlotte989875 omg the article is amazing, thank you both!