Wedding Woes
Options

Fri-yay

My straight from school-to-counseling plan worked well yesterday, that'll be our new routine.  Costco went well too...no one got too wild or asked for too much.  On impulse I ordered a pizza at the kiosk on the way in and it was ready on our way out.  Bada bing bada boom.  Saturday AM is soccer and Sunday morning is my kids' first mass singing in the Children's Choir, which should be sweet.  I invited my (super devout) parents to mass...STBXH the borderline atheist says he's coming too, and got pissed when I told him my parents were as well.  I let him know it's great if he wants to come, but the kids' grandparents whom they adore will also be there.  If he wasn't such a troll in the dungeon I'd love to invite my siblings as well and host everyone for brunch afterwards.  That's not going to happen but he knows he can't block my parents from attending mass.

Hope everyone has some nice moments planned for the weekend!

Re: Fri-yay

• Options
    Funny story about this morning.

M was upstairs getting a sweater, I was trying to get my lunch and BK was in front hall - I was trying to have her get ready.
    M starts coming down and Penny {ging cat} felt he was too close, so she takes off down the stairs.
    BK is at the bottom of the stairs. Penny decided that out of the 2 evils, running towards BK is best decision.

BK sees Penny running, and starts coming towards me. BK now feels like Penny is chasing her and gets upset.
    BK runs to me in tears and I'm trying to console her, M explains story. We're both trying not to laugh and explain to BK that Penny was just running in the same direction lol
  • Options
    @ei34, I'm glad the school-to-counseling plan worked well.  Does your STBXH not agree they should be going to counseling?  Was that why he made such a kerfluffle last week?  And what is this about ordering pizza at a Costco kiosk?!  My Costco doesn't have that (sniff, sniff).  

Speaking of Costco, my H and I were there last night to start this week's scanning job.  It went really well and we're already almost done!  We have to go back when I get off work today, but we'll probably only be there for 90 minutes.  I think we might get to a place where we can start/finish it on Thursdays, which would make this job more palatable.

I also stopped scanning about 15 minutes before they closed to buy new shoes!  Costco has Skechers shoes on sale from $30 to $24 this month.  My H and I each got a pair.  I'm wearing mine today and they are really comfortable.  I think they are Go Walks.  They will be my new shoes for this scanning gig because, as I'm sure you can imagine, it's a lot of hours on my feet so comfortable shoes are key.

Not much going on the rest of the weekend, except a lot of relaxing.  I'm leaning toward making tomorrow an in-home mimosa day.  I haven't had one of those in awhile.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for the weekend! We have a chill weekend planned for the first time in a while and I'm so happy about it. We've been running around so much that I'm just excited to be home. 

Tonight we'll do the yard and clean up the leaves. Tomorrow we're shopping for bathroom accessories and house stuff, then will probably order wings and watch some games on the couch. Sunday will be a short hike and then I'm hoping to spend the majority of the afternoon reading on the deck. I've got to get some rest and get my attitude in check. I've been a snarky bitch this week. 
  • Options

M was upstairs getting a sweater, I was trying to get my lunch and BK was in front hall - I was trying to have her get ready.
    M starts coming down and Penny {ging cat} felt he was too close, so she takes off down the stairs.
    BK is at the bottom of the stairs. Penny decided that out of the 2 evils, running towards BK is best decision.

BK sees Penny running, and starts coming towards me. BK now feels like Penny is chasing her and gets upset.
    BK runs to me in tears and I'm trying to console her, M explains story. We're both trying not to laugh and explain to BK that Penny was just running in the same direction lol
    Poor BK!

My cat, Maple Bar, is still young.  She'll be two years old this month.  She is very energetic, but also impatient and doesn't like to break her stride.  If the dog (Izzy) is walking through a narrower opening, like a doorway, and MB is going through the same opening, she will sometimes just jump over her.  Especially if MB is already running.  It's hilarious.

But the other day, MB did that to me.  Of course, I'm too tall (5'0") for her to fully jump over me, but she did it from the side.  I was about one foot from the kitchen doorway, when I felt fur and movement against my hand.  Her head was right next to me at waist-level mid-jump and the bottom of her legs had brushed against my hand.  She landed about 1.5' in front of me on the other side of the kitchen door.

Okay, Maple. you beat me into the kitchen, lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay for a negative test @Casadena I hope the rain holds for you.

@ei34 I hope you are able to enjoy your parents visit, even if stbx does show up. FX he won't.

My sleep is still messed up and I can't really figure out why. Jet lag? Pregnancy? My book is too interesting? Either way was I up reading until 3:30 this morning. Then we got up at 8:30 to meet our friends at the water park with the kiddos. DS had so much fun. I am hoping the season passes go on sale because it is fairly expensive to go.

Tomorrow will be a chill day. I will probably get some laundry done and possibly, hopefully, maybe do some sewing (I haven't touched it in months). 
  • Options

Poor BK!

My cat, Maple Bar, is still young.  She'll be two years old this month.  She is very energetic, but also impatient and doesn't like to break her stride.  If the dog (Izzy) is walking through a narrower opening, like a doorway, and MB is going through the same opening, she will sometimes just jump over her.  Especially if MB is already running.  It's hilarious.

But the other day, MB did that to me.  Of course, I'm too tall (5'0") for her to fully jump over me, but she did it from the side.  I was about one foot from the kitchen doorway, when I felt fur and movement against my hand.  Her head was right next to me at waist-level mid-jump and the bottom of her legs had brushed against my hand.  She landed about 1.5' in front of me on the other side of the kitchen door.

Okay, Maple. you beat me into the kitchen, lol.  
    MB for high jumps! Kitty olympics lol

Angel usually trots downstairs with us, so we always just let him go first. In general on the stairs, we let cats go first and we're teaching that to BK lol

BK is so good with animals, but when they're nearby in a small space {front hall, kitchen, etc} she kinda gets nervous.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 that's a perfect bracelet for you!  @Casadena yay for negative results and the fall fun (and the haircut!)  @short+sassy he thinks the counseling is a scheme to make him look bad...like they'll say something to the counselor whose records will be subpoena'ed by Family Court.  Oddly enough, I don't care at all if court or anyone else on earth leafed through what the kids say about me in counseling...funny how that works.  That said, he's always been very anti-counseling.  I pleaded with him to go to couples counseling for the last five years.  He also desperately needs counseling for anger mgmt, anxiety, and substance abuse, but won't.  It's cruelly ironic that counseling could've helped him out of his current spot.  
    @STARMOON44 post the romper when it's complete!