Wedding Woes

Thursday Funday?

My sis left last night and i'm sad about it, even though i'll see her again in December.  I got rejected yesterday from a job i applied for and was really excited about, so that sucks.  I applied for another this morning and have 2 more on my list for this week.  Baby slept from 8pm - 5am this morning and I feel so awake (I went to bed when he did).  It's amazing.  

can someone post Prudie later?  I think mrsconn is out today. 

Re: Thursday Funday?

• Happy Thursday! I’m at my office in person (hate it) and I have cramps (double hate) but I’m meeting friends to go to the ballet tonight and that is very exciting!
  • @MissKittyDanger that’s fantastic.  A win all around! Congrats to M (I’m assuming he’s accepted or will). 
    @Casadena I’m so sorry :(. Keep on trying

I’m wfh for the time being, waiting for my couch. The place has a tracker on where it is and everytime I looked it was at a new stop.  I left my office 1/2 hr ago because it was at the stop before me.  Yeah.  It’s been there for awhile now.  Guess I didn’t need to rush home.  I have to be back in 45 to order the office lunch so hurry up peeps.  

SSDD for me.

• @CharmedPam He did this morning :) 

@Casadena you'll get something better! 
  • Ooooh @STARMOON44 which ballet is it? 

Congratulations to M @MissKittyDanger

@Casadena sorry to hear about the job. At least the baby slept well. 👍

Nothing going on here. DS had gymnastics today. He loves it so much, just being able to run around, jump, and climb. It is his jam. Looking forward to prudie.

• @Casadena, I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job.  Hopefully it will be a blessing in disguise and you get an even better opportunity from the jobs you are applying with, this week.

@MIssKittyDanger, congrats to M!  I know he's been unhappy for awhile at his current job.  I'm glad he not only found something else, but it's also for more money.

@Casadena and the WW fam, I'll post Prudie in a little while.

I have a bit of an unusual day.  Normally on Thursdays, my H starts our Costco scanning job and then I join him when I get off work.  This first part of that is happening, but then we'll be leaving early to go to a meeting with my local real estate investing group.  In fact, I'll probably only be doing about 30 minutes of scanning before we need to be leaving anyway.

We don't usually go to their meetings, but the guest speaker for the main meeting this month is all about accurately estimating rehab costs.  This is so KEY before even making an offer on a property that I want to lap up any good info I can get.  We've done fairly well with our reno's and estimating the scope of work and cost because we are very conservative in our offers and numbers.  But the negative side of that is I know we've also missed out on good opportunities because we never feel confident enough in our numbers to look for anything but unicorns.  Which don't come around very often!  Hence why they're unicorns, lol.

In other good news, all our roof patching is done!  Phew!  Thanks to my H and his buddy.  We saved about $6K doing it DIY, but I know that wasn't worth it to my H.  We only did it out of necessity, because we couldn't find anybody else.  The one rental still needs a totally new roof, but that's already scheduled with a REAL roofing company, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Casadena, Sorry about the disappointing news, but you're a rockstar and I know there will be something better.

Congrats to M on the new job!

SSDD here. It's rainy, chilly, no bones day. I stayed up way too late watching the braves last night and I'm dragging. My book club 2.0 is meeting tonight virtually, so I'm going to have to find a second wind somewhere. 
  • I’m getting my Covid booster today! Really hoping I don’t feel like trash for the next few days but really glad to get the next shot!
    I'm still really confused by the boosters.  Is it only people who got Pfizer shots that can currently get boosters at all?

I think Moderna/J+J are still waiting to have their booster approved?  And Moderna's booster might be a different timeframe than 8 months?

Every time I read an article, I feel like I'm more confused, lol.

My vaccination was Moderna.  I got my second shot in March, so my 8 months wouldn't be until November anyway.  But I'm trying to figure out my game plan.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Casadena so sorry about the job! 

Ugh, how is this week not over yet? I've been sleeping like shit this week and just couldn't get myself out of bed to work out this morning. And it's been A Day. I'd do a ride after work but I have a friend coming over. 

Got my halloween costume for my friend's party next week and I pretty much hate it but I don't have any options and I'm not spending more money for another costume. 

MEH. That sums up today. 
  • Ooooh @STARMOON44 which ballet is it? 

Congratulations to M @MissKittyDanger

@Casadena sorry to hear about the job. At least the baby slept well. 👍

Nothing going on here. DS had gymnastics today. He loves it so much, just being able to run around, jump, and climb. It is his jam. Looking forward to prudie.

Giselle, I’m so excited!
  • I’m getting my Covid booster today! Really hoping I don’t feel like trash for the next few days but really glad to get the next shot!
    I'm still really confused by the boosters.  Is it only people who got Pfizer shots that can currently get boosters at all?

I think Moderna/J+J are still waiting to have their booster approved?  And Moderna's booster might be a different timeframe than 8 months?

My vaccination was Moderna.  I got my second shot in March, so my 8 months wouldn't be until November anyway.  But I'm trying to figure out my game plan.   
    The FDA approved other boosters yesterday, the CDC is now reviewing. By next week there will be a clear answer!

The FDA approved other boosters yesterday, the CDC is now reviewing. By next week there will be a clear answer!
    What I'm still confused on is who is qualifying?  @charlotte989875 are you comfortable advising if you have a booster based on your position?  Thus far the only people I know who have qualified for a booster have done so based on age, job description or immunocompromised status OR they are part of a vaccine test group (not surprising given our proximity to Pfizer and Yale).  

I rec'd Pfizer but my understanding is that no booster would head my way based on the current CDC recommendations.   Am I off here? 
  • @banana468 thanks for asking, I'm also trying to understand who qualifies.  One of my aunts (NP) says get it as soon as you qualify (I got my second Moderna shot in February so I'm pretty close)...a nurse friend suggested getting tested for antibodies first.  I know it's all a question for my doctor of course.

@Casadena sorry about the job! But congrats on the sleep!  Enjoy the ballet @STARMOON44
  • banana468 said:
    I’m getting my Covid booster today! Really hoping I don’t feel like trash for the next few days but really glad to get the next shot!

What I'm still confused on is who is qualifying?  @charlotte989875 are you comfortable advising if you have a booster based on your position?  Thus far the only people I know who have qualified for a booster have done so based on age, job description or immunocompromised status OR they are part of a vaccine test group (not surprising given our proximity to Pfizer and Yale).  

I rec'd Pfizer but my understanding is that no booster would head my way based on the current CDC recommendations.   Am I off here? 
    Nope you’re right- I qualified because of moderate to severe asthma; that was how I received my original dose in March and how I was eligible for the booster now. I got Pfizer. 
  • @Casadena so sorry about the job! 

Ugh, how is this week not over yet? I've been sleeping like shit this week and just couldn't get myself out of bed to work out this morning. And it's been A Day. I'd do a ride after work but I have a friend coming over. 

Got my halloween costume for my friend's party next week and I pretty much hate it but I don't have any options and I'm not spending more money for another costume. 

MEH. That sums up today. 
    You reminded me to get my Halloween costume. Now I gotta go to Party City this weekend to complete it!

• @banana468 in addition to what you listed if you have a condition that increases risk, then you qualify after 6 months for Pfizer
  • @banana468 in addition to what you listed if you have a condition that increases risk, then you qualify after 6 months for Pfizer
    Yes and there are several conditions listed. One of them is a BMI over 27 (I think) which unfortunately I just make despite my efforts at losing weight. First time in my life I was happy to be overweight! Also they really don't require proof of a condition. I signed up, showed my driver's license and got the shot.
  • Today is blah. We left Chicago this morning after staying a little later than planned. DD's nanny tested positive for strep so the boys all needed to go into the doc. They didn't get tested because their throats were fine and didn't have any symptoms other than runny noses. Ends up the twins have mild ear infections and the baby has nothing other than a cold/teething. However, H and I were also around the nanny when she was there on Tuesday. So now I can't go to my book club this evening - don't want to potentially expose my friends to strep especially since one is going to see her grandsons soon and one of her grandsons has heart issues. Such a bummer but the right thing to do. I'm gearing up for my Norwex Launch party on Zoom Monday night. Just a bit nervous about that.  
    Ahh yes - you can have a condition that increases risk and that does not mean you're immunocompromised.  

I have my physical next month with my regular doctor and will ask about it then but likely I'm one of those people in their 40s who will have to wait until it's open to everyone.

I'm still holding out hope for the approval for the kiddos.  They get their flu shot tomorrow and Chiquito's next physical is in early Dec.   I'm hoping it will be approved by that point.