Wedding Woes
Options

Ark building Tuesday

It is raining and gross here!  New England is due for rain and wind over the next 24 hours.  I ordered a new raincoat that goes to my knees and I got to use it today.  LOVE IT!   This is life in your 40's: when you're excited about a raincoat doing its job.

The sitter we're hiring came over last night and I'm reminded why I think she's fantastic.  My kids will have a great time.    I talked to DH and told him that I'm going to let him do all the talking if any opinions are requested at least between now and the event.  Should we open a bottle of wine on Thanksgiving I'm possibly going to be more verbose but I will not look to interject opinions to ruin an event.

Also I forgot to mention that on Friday I had a 2nd rehearsal for the mass where we practiced more of the songs.  The guitarist asked if I'd be a substitute cantor when they don't have one for regular masses so I may be putting myself on the list!  

Re: Ark building Tuesday

• Options
    We're prepping for the arc also lol
    It was so hard to get out of bed this morning. It was dark and rainy and it was just so cozy snuggling with M
    Plus BK was still asleep so that did not help lol!

We definitely over did it on the weekend. BK was so tired that she was just back-to-back meltdowns and stage 5 clinger.
    She was eventually fine and went to bed easily - we started bedtime earlier so she could crash earlier.

BK's preschool did a fundraiser for stuff, so we ordered 2 pumpkin kits. We're keeping the pumpkins but giving extra activity set to either my mum or MIL/SFIL since she's sleeping over this weekend.
  • Options
    We had our ark building time Sunday and Monday.  It’s alllllll yours now!
    @MissKittyDanger same on the not being able to get up
    part.  Ugh! I was like “I’ll sleep in a little more and put less effort into my face” lol.  But then ended up putting the same amount of effort into it.

Saturday I was at my friends’ place and they streamed Halloween Kills, but they’re high tech - and sometimes not in the best way. They altared their TV for sharp image in day screening but anything shot in the dark looks blue and fuzzy.  If you can imagine, Halloween is shot entirely at night on dark film sets.  I missed so much detail because the black looked blue and fuzzy PLUS they’re caption people and watching movies/tv with captions on annoy the SHIT outta me.  Do people realize their TV adjustments are horrible and not the way they should be seen?!? So I went with a friend last night to the theatre to watch it again.  I liked it way better with clear, sharp images and no captions.

I also get microblading done on my brows.  Black, because my hair has been black the last few years.  But black fades to blue and towards the end of the year before the touch up, it’s noticeable.  My neices point it out, but most people are to polite to say anything.  I got them touched up on the 6th but told her my concern.  I said the black fades to blue and maybe do a dark dark brown? Her fix was adding orange to it, to counteract the blue. Normally I still pencil them in with black, but forgot to yesterday. I was in the office kitchen when the ups guy came in and he said “nice blue eyebrow”

WTF!

so I emailed her and told her I should probably get a complimentary touch up since they’re back to being blue which was my #1 concern.  I asked for dark brown she said adding orange would work.  I don’t think it did.  But her response was wait 6 full weeks to heal.  Ooooookay but you’ll be hearing from me in 6 weeks because historically my brow tats have ALWAYS faded to blue.

• Options
    @Casadena if you think you could be wearing a bra that's the wrong size I highly recommend getting checked.  Plugged ducts can turn into mastitis and you're right - they HURT.  I've never had mastitis but I have heard it is hell on earth and it renders you pretty much incapable of doing much since you wind up with a raging fever.    For some reason the bras I had with Chiquita were too small with Chiquito so I got measured when he was about 2.5 mo and was something like either a band or cup size larger (even though I weighed less than at the same time with Chiquita!).  It was a huge help and I escaped the mastitis monster. 

I think you can avoid the other shower.  December is a crazy month for me.  If I could get out of an event I'd still likely find myself busy with holiday prep. 
  • Options
    Ugh, the rain here is crazy. It's been pouring since last night and is not supposed to stop until tomorrow morning. Many of the roads I drive are already flooded so I'm a little worried about getting home. 

Is anyone watching OMITB? I started it over the weekend and am on episode 4. Really loving it so far. 

SSDD. Did a Peleton ride this morning. Tomorrow will be my 10th ride. Really love it! 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    @Casadena if you think you could be wearing a bra that's the wrong size I highly recommend getting checked.  Plugged ducts can turn into mastitis and you're right - they HURT.  I've never had mastitis but I have heard it is hell on earth and it renders you pretty much incapable of doing much since you wind up with a raging fever.    For some reason the bras I had with Chiquita were too small with Chiquito so I got measured when he was about 2.5 mo and was something like either a band or cup size larger (even though I weighed less than at the same time with Chiquita!).  It was a huge help and I escaped the mastitis monster. 

I think you can avoid the other shower.  December is a crazy month for me.  If I could get out of an event I'd still likely find myself busy with holiday prep. 
    Mastitis is a BITCH.  I had it with G and felt like my boobs were going to explode and like i had the flu (fever, chills, nausea).  It cleared up completely with antibiotics and a ton of pumping.  I have been super careful about bras lately, but maybe i need to get measured again, thanks for the reminder!  
  • Options
    What is OMITB? Based on the fact that I don’t know what it is, I guess you figured out my answer. :)

• Options
    That flu shot took me down last night.  I did sleep it off though and woke up feeling fine, just a little residual soreness.  Thank goodness I usually don't plan on cooking on Mondays b/c I was not useful for much of anything beyond sitting on my butt on the couch and went to bed at 8.

Scheduled my booster for Saturday morning.  Hearing stories that the stores are running out of Moderna boosters b/c of so many walk ins, so scheduled for first available appointment.  Hopefully I don't have to try more than once. I'm not really good at walk-in planning, so I'd prefer to avoid it.

My funk is lifting a bit.  I took my meds last night and I'm wondering if that's why I didn't sleep so much better.  However, the Zyrtec leaves me hella drowsy, so that one will have to stay a morning w/coffee method.  I might try switching to evening for the other ones though.

Was able to get up and work out this morning, showered, did makeup, etc.  I've figured out now that my hair is so much shorter, plopping will actually work.  My curls have been looking nice and defined and nearly spirals, so I'll keep doing that.  

Work is overwhelming.  I just have so much to do and grinding away at it really doesn't seem to make a dent at all.  I'm really not sure what to do, but I'm looking forward to the holiday season starting.  I'm seriously considering taking the week between Xmas and NYE off.
  • Options
    Raining cats and dogs here too.  Oldest is home sick today, no fever and acting normal but a deep cough and heavy mucous.  I'll take her to the doctor after school to rule out anything serious.  My school district actually offers on-site Covid testing every Tuesday so I popped in to get tested earlier, I have a runny nose and sore throat myself.  I feel it's the change of weather symptoms I get on and off in spring and fall, but a test never hurts.
  • Options
    @Casadena, I think you're fine to skip out on the other shower.  There are a lot of good excuses that can be used, especially with it being December.  I also don't think you need to send a second gift.  Good luck to your SIL!  I hope her pregnancy and birth go smoothly.

I'm going out to lunch with a coworker friend today and am looking forward to that.

We were supposed to have already put our one vacancy up for rental, but then a problem with the a/c popped up, smh.  Same unit that had the deadbeat tenant for 7 months this year.  With the broken windows that our window company royally effed up on.  And now the a/c?!?!  I swear I have come to hate this house.  Our HVAC company is meeting my H there at 11AM today.  Crossing my fingers it is something minor.  But even "minor" issues with HVAC are not cheap, lol.

For more bad tenant news.  Our "nursing home" tenant who rents four of our units has not lived up to the promises she made about catching up the rent in October.  She's also uncommunicative a lot of the time.  Two are due on the first, two are due on the 15th.  One unit from the first is paid up and the other one is half paid.  Today is the day we are filing for an eviction for 3 out of her 4 units, unless she gets in touch with us.  We sent her a text message on the 16th.  She took 5 days before she replied and gave us some money a couple days later.  But it wasn't even enough to fully cover the two rents due on the 1st.

We sent her a text message yesterday that we really don't want to file evictions against her but tomorrow (now today) is the day, unless she gives us back the units.  Or pays for them (still open to a payment plan for some of the money owed).  Or a combo of those two options.  My H is going to call her today, instead of texting her.  But we've given up trying to figure out what she's going to do, because so much of what she has done makes no sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What is OMITB? Based on the fact that I don’t know what it is, I guess you figured out my answer. :)
    Only Murders in the Building. It's on Hulu. Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. So, so good. 
  • Options
    No rain here. We're supposed to get some maybe Thursday, but I doubt it.

Nothing much going on here. Work is annoying me right now. We had a system upgrade over the weekend that created some problems and I'm trying log a couple of IT tickets, but all the systems are so slow that it's taking forever. This should have been a 10 minute thing to check off my to-do list, but I've trying and waiting for 30 minutes already. 

I made plans for taco Tuesday tonight with some friends, so looking forward to that. I'm over this week already. 
  • Options
    Morning.  It's Tuesday.  Blerg. Sleepy. 

We actually have sun for once today.  It's going back to rain Thursday and Friday.  Today is also the coldest day of the week.  I'm trying to hold out on turning on the heat.  DH is bitching, so he may win.  LOL

DH starts working 5 days next week. I'm hopeful that will taper off by a week or so before Christmas.  Speaking of Christmas, I need to get my crap together ASAP so I can start shopping.  

SSDD otherwise. 
  • Options
    Yes sunny here! There are still flooded areas from all the rain of the last few days. I'm hating the morning darkness - makes it so hard to get up.

My party went well last night. I met my goal so I'm pleased.

Today I went to the optometrist. My eyes have changed enough that I need both new regular glasses and sunglasses. I don't always were regular glasses but wear sunglasses just about everyday.  I have a stretch therapy appointment this afternoon so I'm psyched about that.
  • Options
    Yes sunny here! There are still flooded areas from all the rain of the last few days. I'm hating the morning darkness - makes it so hard to get up.

Today I went to the optometrist. My eyes have changed enough that I need both new regular glasses and sunglasses. I don't always were regular glasses but wear sunglasses just about everyday.  I have a stretch therapy appointment this afternoon so I'm psyched about that.
    Congrats!  I'm glad your party went well.

To the bolded, I felt like this on Monday.  I was totally discombobulated because it was completely dark when I got up and it usually isn't.  I actually went to my computer to see if the daylight savings time change had happened.  But, nope, that's not until the first weekend in Nov.  Apparently, it is always the first weekend in Nov.  For some reason, I thought it was in October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Congrats!  I'm glad your party went well.

To the bolded, I felt like this on Monday.  I was totally discombobulated because it was completely dark when I got up and it usually isn't.  I actually went to my computer to see if the daylight savings time change had happened.  But, nope, that's not until the first weekend in Nov.  Apparently, it is always the first weekend in Nov.  For some reason, I thought it was in October.
    It used to be. They bumped it back a couple of weeks about 10 years ago. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:

We actually have sun for once today.  It's going back to rain Thursday and Friday.  Today is also the coldest day of the week.  I'm trying to hold out on turning on the heat.  DH is bitching, so he may win.  LOL

DH starts working 5 days next week. I'm hopeful that will taper off by a week or so before Christmas.  Speaking of Christmas, I need to get my crap together ASAP so I can start shopping.  

SSDD otherwise. 
    Mine’s been on since the first of October actually! 

And oh yeah I DO know Only Murders in the Building.  I’d call it “cute” but not funny funny.  I think I expected more from the Steve’s. It’s something I watch with my parents so I have to wait.

@ILoveBeachMusic, that’s awesome! Norwex? Did you have a party already? 

• Options

It used to be. They bumped it back a couple of weeks about 10 years ago. 
    Thanks!  It's good to know I didn't pull October up out of nowhere, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hate DST. I feel like the older I get the more it throws me off. 

Work has been crazy the past few days. I’m bracing myself for one of the providers to come bursting into my office like the Kool-aid man because I added a patient to his schedule. Sorry not sorry this one couldn’t wait and I didn’t make that choice lightly. 

Weekend was mostly good. We went to a Halloween get together for FSIL B that was fun. Sunday was okay. FI has his first Master’s midterm tonight (for calculus too *internally dry heaves*) so he’s a little stressed about that. I hope he does well. Literally sounds like my nightmare, lol. 

Otherwise SSDD. I am so tired, both from the lack of sleep this weekend and then my hormones are shifting for that great time of the month. It’s almost lunch time at least. Debating whether to do a walk during lunch and then a long workout after work, or whether I should just do one workout at home and take a nap during lunch. 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:

SSDD otherwise. 
    Mine’s been on since the first of October actually! 

And oh yeah I DO know Only Murders in the Building.  I’d call it “cute” but not funny funny.  I think I expected more from the Steve’s. It’s something I watch with my parents so I have to wait.

@ILoveBeachMusic, that’s awesome! Norwex? Did you have a party already? 
    Yep, first one was last night.

• Options
    There was a big Halloween parade in NOLA on Saturday.  The city is using it as a "test" for how safe/unsafe it might be to have Mardi Gras parades next year.

For a cute addition to that story, the NOLA Department of Health had some of their employees volunteer to be survey takers.  For a group costume, the survey takers all dressed like Dr. Fauci.  Dr. Avegno runs that department and regularly texts with Dr. Fauci.  She sent him photos of "The Fauci's" gathering data along the route.

The group collected 1200 surveys from the parade goers.  The survey respondents are supposed to fill in a follow-up survey 2-3 weeks after the parade.

93% of people who filled out the survey had at least one vaccination shot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was excited but after seeing everyone I became more excited, it feels like butterflies are moving in my stomach to heart to kidney and to liver.  <3 , I came to know about a site where good hairstyles for wedding day are present,