Wedding Woes

TGIF

We made it.  Back to the grind after a professional day yesterday (the students were off for Diwali, so it wasn't a normal day for us).  Pretty low key weekend planned.  Hoping everyone has a good day!

Re: TGIF

• Happy FriYAY!
  • Calls/meetings all morning then running some errands and doing some stuff around the house!  Very glad it's the weekend.
  • A predictably chill day for us. DH is a low energy person so he definitely needs down time after a couple weekends of activities. I appreciate down time too so it doesn't bother me. We did manage to take DS to the skate park to ride his bike. He did amazing! He had the best time and only crashed once. 😆
  • So I got a job offer! Love the company, really liked the people. But the pay is just shockingly bad there’s no way I can make it work. Technically I’m thinking it over but realistically it’s a no. But still happy I got the offer!
    Oh i'm so sorry that sucks about the pay!!  Especially if otherwise you really liked it.  Good luck, i know you've been looking for awhile. 
  • @STARMOON44, Such a bummer the money wasn't there, when everything else was good.  If you didn't already, try a counteroffer.  But otherwise, hopefully the next job offer is an even better fit.

My roofing company renters came through yesterday!  Their background check is done and I have their deposit.  I'll be taking my ad down today but I want to have time to e-mail back the other applicants and reply back to some of the folks who had been looking for a Saturday showing.  But it will be such a relief to take the ad down.  I have been overwhelmed with responses...which is a great thing and so much better than the opposite!...but it's like a faucet that never stops running until I turn it off, lol.

I'll be preparing their lease today.  They're supposed to be coming in on Tuesday.  My impression is that is just a visit and they aren't actually moving in yet.  But we will all finally be meeting in person, which is nice, and they will be paying the rest of the deposit and the first month's rent.

That takes a lot of stress out of our weekend, so it should be a pretty mellow one now.  For today, my H and I will be finishing up our Costco scanning and then I need to go to the bank.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So glad it's Friday! It's actually been a relatively mellow week, but I'm still looking forward to sleeping past 6 and sitting on the couch drinking coffee. 

It should be a low key weekend. Tonight I want to go look for some accessories for the bathroom and will probably get dinner out. Then tomorrow yard work and hosting my family for dinner. Sunday is supposed to warm up, so I'm thinking a morning hike and a gummy on the deck. 
  • BK is home today. Yesterday morning she was a bit sneezy but nothing weird - dusty brains lol - but my mum said as the afternoon progressed, BK got run down.
    Today she was sneezy and sniffly, so M decided to keep her home.
    We've called out gymnastics tomorrow so BK could get extra rest.

We were suppose to go to the mall Sunday morning to do xmas shopping, but we're assuming that's out now.
    BK has allergy test on Monday, so another day for her to sleep in a bit. I think the rest will help her. It's likely just a cold anyways.

I had a pap today so that was fucking great way to start the morning. Guh. I did get starbucks 2x today lol
  • I want you to get some @VarunaTT, go for it! Also yesterday I asked about the 2 pfzier shots and then moderna booster, did you end up getting that? How was it? 

@STARMOON44, that sucks! Is the salary negotiable? Can you counter it? 

@climbingsingle, this is what brothers are for. I’d be using mine for that too. My brother is very handy as are my parents. 

@“short+sassy", glad it’s coming together and rather quickly for you

@MissKittyDanger, paps deserve 2 trips to Starbucks.  Whats your fave *bucks holiday drink?

SSDD. I’m on a waitlist for gamenight with the girls Saturday (meetup).  She has a slot for 16, but I hope she moves it to 20, so I can get in.  even if she has 20 rsvp’s as yes, 10 will show up.  Meetup works that way.  I can go. I have no life! Let me in!

• Off to Indianapolis for my race!!
    Good luck!!  I'll message you once DH wakes up and we can chat about tomorrow's schedule. 
  • @CharmedPam I subsist on Cream brulee Lattes over the holiday season lol {M LOOOOVVVVEEESSSS Peppermint Mocha}
  • Good morning.  I need to stop going to bed past midnight.  I'm so happy to be able to sleep in tomorrow.  

We met DH for dinner last night.  I'm glad we don't have anywhere to go tonight.  I knew I'd be over plans in the evening by the end of the week.  I plan to make soup and sandwiches and catch up on TV and stuff I've been meaning to watch. 

Tomorrow is our big night out.  Sunday is going to be a nice day, so DefConn will get to ride his dirt bike while we button up the boat and patio furniture for the winter.  

DH did make a travel 'wish list' for next year.  I'm hoping we can make most of the trips happen. 
  • I want you to get some @VarunaTT, go for it! Also yesterday I asked about the 2 pfzier shots and then moderna booster, did you end up getting that? How was it? 
    I did.  The only complaint I had was a really sore arm this time; I also had gotten my flu shot about 3 days before, so it might've just been the double shot.  But really I just kinda felt blah-ish; it was gone in a day.  I did have some side complaints from my flu shot (headache, achy body, went away after a good night's sleep), so my immune system might've been super reactive already.
  • Off to Indianapolis for my race!!
    Good luck and waving hi from the NE side.
  • Good luck @charlotte989875

Fingers crossed they have more wiggle room than expected! @STARMOON44

I can’t believe it’s only 10:30. I feel like I’ve worked 8 hours already. FI has a school event tonight we’re going to as he’s on the events committee and needs to start making appearances to the events. Then we don’t really have any other plans for the weekend. Possibly a hike on Saturday. Other than that, SSDD. 

• @STARMOON44 Congrats on the offer!  Even if it is low pay, I bet if feels great to be selected, and you can use that to negotiate on other positions, maybe.  That's a fine line, trying to point out how valuable other companies must view you since you have another offer, but also not making them think that you are going to take the other offer ...

@VarunaTT Hugs for the rough work week, but I hope it starts to get better.  I hope you have a blast this weekend.