Wedding Woes

Prudie Day

2»

Re: Prudie Day

• I would have assumed it was a load baring but our neighbour {not house linked} ended up cutting part of their wall down to make a bar type concept/island attached to the remaining wall. Which could still be an option.

I'm big on open concepts, but you're right. It might look weird. Our kitchen floors are a marble style tile, and rest is hardwood.

The ovens built into the islands are soooo cool but apparently a HUGE BITCH to fix lol
    My kitchen is so dark, you have to use a light to look. I'm not sure I like that. I'm always trying to brighten it.
    It might be a load bearing wall but, as long as enough of the wall remains, it's fine to take out sections of it.  But consult with a professional on that!

In the listing, a large part of the wall is still there.

I can't imagine we would ever do it.  But my H and I have had "what if" talks about turning our personal duplex into a single, family house.  One of our neighbors did that with a similar style house, ie shotgun double.

In a shotgun double, the only interior wall that is usually load bearing is the middle one that runs all the way down the property and separates the two units.

With our neighbor's house, most of the middle interior wall remained.  But there were many doors and entry ways cut out of it, to change the layout and make it flow as "one" house.

Not going to lie, I thought it was so crazy they did that.  That's an enormous and expensive reno, for something that doesn't add any value.  That's "hiring an architect" kind of stuff, lol.  Plus most of the flooring needs to be redone.  You have to take an entire kitchen out and turn that room into something else.  There will be at least some electricity and plumbing work.  And those are just the things off the top of my head.

It would have been a lot cheaper to sell their house and buy a similar one that was already a SFH.
    Yeh we're talking to a kitchen place in January. One question they had was about walls so we'll see.

I know M has entertained the idea of where our pass through window is, turning that into an actual doorway. So we'll see what they could do
  • ei34 said:
    Never-ending week.  Don't feel like focusing on actual problems so I'll instead vent on a FWP- I wanted to wait and see if family matching jammies would go down in price, but I definitely waited too long bc I'm not seeing anything I like now.  Or I'll see something nice but not in all our sizes.  Bah humbug.  Hope it's a good/quick day for everyone!
    I was sucked in by the Pottery Barn Grinch ones and paid full price. Feels like a scam but they’re cute. 
    I bought the Hanna Andersen Grinch ones for the grandsons. They were on sale 40% off. Still expensive but sooooo cute!
  • edited November 2021
    @ei34 I just came across these, not a huge selection but designs that aren't the same as every where else and not too pricey. 

https://www.burtsbeesbaby.com/holiday-family-jammies-2021

Eta: *sad face* they are sold out of a lot of sizes, including all woman's sizes in the print I wanted. 
  • @ei34 I just came across these, not a huge selection but designs that aren't the same as every where else and not too pricey. 

https://www.burtsbeesbaby.com/holiday-family-jammies-2021

Eta: *sad face* they are sold out of a lot of sizes, including all woman's sizes in the print I wanted. 
    *geeking out for rustic reindeer*

• ei34 said:
    Never-ending week.  Don't feel like focusing on actual problems so I'll instead vent on a FWP- I wanted to wait and see if family matching jammies would go down in price, but I definitely waited too long bc I'm not seeing anything I like now.  Or I'll see something nice but not in all our sizes.  Bah humbug.  Hope it's a good/quick day for everyone!
    I was sucked in by the Pottery Barn Grinch ones and paid full price. Feels like a scam but they’re cute. 
    I bought the Hanna Andersen Grinch ones for the grandsons. They were on sale 40% off. Still expensive but sooooo cute!
    I splurged because they were so cute! I’ll wear mine a lot (I LOVE pajama) and he’ll look adorable in pictures. My aunt used to wrap pajamas for my cousins and have them open on Christmas Eve and I loved that tradition so starting it with Baby M. H opted out.  
  • @CharmedPam those are the ones I liked too!

@charlotte989875 my SIL does new jammies for X-mas Eve too. We are stealing the tradition from her, hehe.
  • Hooray, it's Friday.  @climbingsingle Glad that you can work from home to watch pup.  It will alleviate stress for you, I'm sure, to be able to keep an eye on her.

It's finally a quiet day for me at work.  It's nice - I might catch up on some things.  Weekend is going to be fun but busy - I've got a work dinner on Sunday, and my birthday is tomorrow  so I'm going out with family.

• We do the jammies on Christmas Eve too!  @charlotte989875 STBXH always opted out too.  @missJeanLouise they're all adorable...but yup I waited too long hoping for a sale and now the patterns I like don't have the sizes I need.  @ILoveBeachMusic I adore Hannas!  Was trying to spend a bit less this year but the pairs we wore the last two years were Hanna...actually didn't have to buy new ones last year since they still fit the kids from 2019, but this year it'd be a stretch

@kerbohl Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your festivities!