Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

2»

Re: Monday

• Options
    @kvruns if your school system has a flow chart or board of health chart it may be helpful.  

I cannot drink NEARLY what I did years ago.  If I'm getting a margarita it needs to be at a real Mexican place where they're using better ingredients.  The tex mex places here that have the syrupy frozen ones are too sweet for me now and I can get one before it's too much.  But if I make one from scratch with real juice it's not as much of a problem. 

The older I get the more I have a taste for whiskey and can drink more of it than say, beer.  The bloat!  
  • Options
    Seeing all of our posts re: covid is just making me so nervous.  I was reading an article that said something like (I cannot remember specifically) in some specific close time frame, over 1/3rd of Americans will have had covid.  It makes me so angry and frustrated.  I keep trying to isolate myself more and I do wear my mask out, but I'm so tired of it, as we all are (and some of you on here are healthcare workers and I'm seriously terrified for and about the healthcare industry in the next few years).  I think this board is mostly a microcosm of "people who did what they were supposed to do and are still getting screwed in the worst group project ever".
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Seeing all of our posts re: covid is just making me so nervous.  I was reading an article that said something like (I cannot remember specifically) in some specific close time frame, over 1/3rd of Americans will have had covid.  It makes me so angry and frustrated.  I keep trying to isolate myself more and I do wear my mask out, but I'm so tired of it, as we all are (and some of you on here are healthcare workers and I'm seriously terrified for and about the healthcare industry in the next few years).  I think this board is mostly a microcosm of "people who did what they were supposed to do and are still getting screwed in the worst group project ever".
    This is where I am too.  Knock on wood my household hasn't had it.  But I'm petrified of dipping that toe back into normalcy especially in places that are unmasked.  I'm more concerned about hosting an additional 9-10 people for Christmas than I am going to events where we'll be masked.  But I'm also starting to be concerned with how I'm supposed to limit my kids right now with interactions with their friends when they'll be considered vaccinated as of the 20th.  

I am not a fan of the anti maskers and anti vaxxers who haven't helped anything who use the line, "You can't live in fear," but I also struggle as a mother who wants to give her kids a social life.  My son hasn't had a birthday party with friends yet.  He's begging for a play date.  I can't build a social life for him on Roblox.  So we have to start to be careful and calculated.

I also think COVID is here to stay so the practices need to continue to be the best ways to avoid a terrible virus and how to be prepared if we get it in the way that we're also vaccinated every year for the flu. 
  • Options
    We returned from Chicago today and I immediately started prep for hosting my book club Christmas party on Thursday. Pound cake made! The weekend was good - baked and cooked with the boys. The baby still isn't sleeping great and DD is at her wits end. She is the type of person who has always needed sleep (she took long naps as a baby/toddler/preschooler and tell you she needed a nap if she was tired. I don't know what to tell her. I think even their nanny is out of suggestions. 

As far as returning to normalcy, I hold on to the studies that show vaccinated people, in general, don't get severe disease if they do contract Covid. All my friends and family I see regularly are vaccinated so I feel risk is as low as it can be under the circumstances. We wear masks when out in public and at church. My book club will probably be masked on Thursday because of some health risks (even though all are vaccinated and boosted). Yep no love lost on anti-vaxxers  and anti-maskers! DS2 got his booster on Friday. His arm was sore and he was very tired, but he had planned on that with a low key weekend. Now all my adult kids are boosted. Now if only the grand sons could be vaccinated!

@kvruns I'm sorry you've been dealing with this. Hope you feel better soon and DS doesn't get it!
  • Options
    We returned from Chicago today and I immediately started prep for hosting my book club Christmas party on Thursday. Pound cake made! The weekend was good - baked and cooked with the boys. The baby still isn't sleeping great and DD is at her wits end. She is the type of person who has always needed sleep (she took long naps as a baby/toddler/preschooler and tell you she needed a nap if she was tired. I don't know what to tell her. I think even their nanny is out of suggestions. 

As far as returning to normalcy, I hold on to the studies that show vaccinated people, in general, don't get severe disease if they do contract Covid. All my friends and family I see regularly are vaccinated so I feel risk is as low as it can be under the circumstances. We wear masks when out in public and at church. My book club will probably be masked on Thursday because of some health risks (even though all are vaccinated and boosted). Yep no love lost on anti-vaxxers  and anti-maskers! DS2 got his booster on Friday. His arm was sore and he was very tired, but he had planned on that with a low key weekend. Now all my adult kids are boosted. Now if only the grand sons could be vaccinated!

@kvruns I'm sorry you've been dealing with this. Hope you feel better soon and DS doesn't get it!
    We also continue to mask in larger places like church. 

I question when it's the time to mingle with those not vaccinated knowing that we have anti masking anti vaxxing family members.  It has been a big concern of mine while DH hasn't opened that conversation with his brother. 
  • Options
    @VarunaTT it is so weird because I'm the first in my family to get it and also out of close friends I see the most.  I am the most cautious out of my family and my friends and I are about the same level.  I seriously have no idea where I got it from. Most likely it was Thanksgiving weekend time but no one else I saw had it or any symptoms so must have been an asymptomatic carrier - or maybe DS from that time and never showed symptoms - bc in public I am masked
  • Options
    This is what is so scary is that the baby hasn’t been inside anywhere except with fully vaxxed adults & a few kids under 5 who’ve now all been tested and are negative. My mom and I went to a restaurant & theater where vax cards are checked & masks except for eating & drinking. So we’ve been pretty careful even though I know going out was a risk. We’re fully vaxxed, I’ve had my booster, she had her booster Monday. It’s all terrifying. 
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger looks like they're also on Hulu if that helps.