Destination Weddings Discussions

International Part Two Reception

Had a small, lovely (40 people) outdoor ceremony and reception in June of this year due to COVID. I have family abroad that have expressed interest in throwing me a second reception overseas. However, between the ongoing trickiness of traveling internationally and the time it would take them to plan the event, I think it would realistically happen in spring or summer of 2023. I’ll have been married for 2 years by then–is the idea silly? So grateful that I have people across the ocean who want to celebrate my marriage, but should I tell them a second reception that far out, and far away, is too much? Or am I overthinking this, and should I just allow them to plan this if they want to, and just enjoy? 

Re: International Part Two Reception

• I personally think it is too far out to be a celebration party for your wedding (the reception was what you did back in June). Could they do it as a welcome party/open house for you when you visit?
  • Had a small, lovely (40 people) outdoor ceremony and reception in June of this year due to COVID. I have family abroad that have expressed interest in throwing me a second reception overseas. However, between the ongoing trickiness of traveling internationally and the time it would take them to plan the event, I think it would realistically happen in spring or summer of 2023. I’ll have been married for 2 years by then–is the idea silly? So grateful that I have people across the ocean who want to celebrate my marriage, but should I tell them a second reception that far out, and far away, is too much? Or am I overthinking this, and should I just allow them to plan this if they want to, and just enjoy? 

You had a lovely wedding, as you said.  If and when your travels allow you to see your overseas family, have an awesome reunion with them.  Two years past the wedding is too far out.