Wedding Woes

Thursday-like Wednesday

2»

Re: Thursday-like Wednesday

• @kerbohl This sounds like a nightmare to me.  I'm working really hard to lock myself down right now, which is hard and I'm sure this is as well.  But I wouldn't want to chance it.

Do they maybe have a streaming option?  Lots of churches have started that.
  • VarunaTT said:
    @kerbohl This sounds like a nightmare to me.  I'm working really hard to lock myself down right now, which is hard and I'm sure this is as well.  But I wouldn't want to chance it.

We do actually have a streaming service, which we were making use of.  However, I don't think they are doing it for Christmas Eve for some reason.  But maybe, with everything being so busy ... maybe they will change their mind?  That might be a good compromise.

• VarunaTT said:
    @kerbohl This sounds like a nightmare to me.  I'm working really hard to lock myself down right now, which is hard and I'm sure this is as well.  But I wouldn't want to chance it.

Ah, it looks like they are going to do streaming for the 5pm one.  Yeah, that makes more sense.  It won't be the same as going in person, but it's better to stay safe, especially since the next day we are going to visit the ILs.

• ugh - it's back to 100 degrees. 
  • banana468 said:
    ugh - it's back to 100 degrees. 
    Oh no! Fingers crossed it comes down soon. Thinking of you all!
  • kerbohl said:
    VarunaTT said:

Ah, it looks like they are going to do streaming for the 5pm one.  Yeah, that makes more sense.  It won't be the same as going in person, but it's better to stay safe, especially since the next day we are going to visit the ILs.
    If it were me and I was planning to see people I’d skip in person- even vaxxed+ booster I’m feeling bad with Covid. Omicron is widespread here even among vaccinated folks. If it were me I’d be on the safer side. But if you decide to go strongly recommend k95 and sanitizer. 
  • banana468 said:
    ugh - it's back to 100 degrees. 
    Oh no! Fingers crossed it comes down soon. Thinking of you all!
    He's acting way more like himself so I'll take that as a good sign.

• We are playing church by ear, @kerbohl and letting DD  decide what she feels comfortable doing. The grandsons aren't vaccinated (too young). Our church is doing masks required and prepackaged communion kits (have been doing this since we've been back in person). If it were just H and me we'd go. If I were you and you really want to go, go without him and without judgement. We got KN95 masks from amazon (of course you couldn't get them in time for Christmas eve). You might want to get a box for moving forward.