Wedding Woes

Not sustainable at all.

Dear Prudence,

I am in love with and in a relationship with my best friend. She’s married with children and so am I, but we are both miserable in those marriages. She is truly my equal; she makes me laugh in a way that I have never laughed. She challenges me in a way no one does. Quite simply, she makes me happy in a way I have not been in a very long time. Not to mention, we have the best sex of our lives. To make things more complicated, we are in a long-distance relationship, so the time we do share in person is special to us both. Time spent apart is difficult. I cannot bring myself to leave my wife and children, nor to ask her to leave her husband and children. Is what we are currently doing sustainable?

— Can’t Take the Next Step

Re: Not sustainable at all.

• Nope.

This is Friends From College and it's gonna end poorly.
  • banana468 said:
    Nope.

That series was insufferable, but I liked the cast so much.  It was so frustrating. 
  • I think you can answer your own question. How do you think this is going to end? WTF do you mean by "sustainable"? Over what term? And why are you both AHs cheating on your spouses and calling it your "real" relationship?
  • There’s no way this ends without everyone getting hurt because you’ve already been lying to your families (and likely to yourselves) about all of this. 

You don’t get to keep having an elicit affair, and keep your marriage and family, without some serious consequences. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    Nope.

That series was insufferable, but I liked the cast so much.  It was so frustrating. 
    I hated them all.   When it ended I wondered why the writers hated their college friends so much.
  • I was so disappointed when Friends from College ended, i really liked it a lot.  They were all outrageously frustrating but I feel like it worked.  

But yeah, LW you suck.  
  • Reword:
    We are both cheating on our spouse's.
    But that's okay!  Because we're both "miserable in our marriages" and she's my BFF/soul mate //s
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reword:
    We are both cheating on our spouse's.
    But that's okay!  Because we're both "miserable in our marriages" and she's my BFF/soul mate //s
    @mrsconn23 also nails it (pun intended): Of COURSE the sex is good.  It's infrequent and needed when you're with each other. 

Maybe your marriages are miserable because they aren't built on trust.