Wedding Woes
Options

Final Prudie day of 2021

It's my Friday!!  Also, my house should be emptied out by the end of the day.  I'm so ready to be done hosting,  

Our NYE plans have shaped up.  We're hanging with M + L at their house and playing games. I'm probably wearing my PJ's over there because I'm out of fucks to give, LOL. It's second best to staying home and watching movies. 

I had to upgrade to Slate+ because of you people, LOL.  J/K  I'd been contemplating it for awhile.  Today was the day I ran out of my free articles and they're running an end of year special, so it was an easy decision.  Now I can go back to listen to all the bonus eps of Slow Burn.  

The kids (nieces, kiddo, DefConn) had themselves a mini-cousin rager until 2am-ish.  I'm glad they had a good time.  I'm also glad for AirPods so I could block out the noise.  They were pretty respectful and weren't too loud, thankfully. 

Prudie coming soon.

Happy New Year, y'all!  Here's to whatever 2022 brings.  At least we'll be together online here regardless of what happens out there. 

Re: Final Prudie day of 2021

• Options
    Happy New Year's eve eve! H and I are doing absolutely nothing tomorrow evening. DS2 will be at a wedding. He will be making a toast since the groom's brother who was to be best man passed away unexpectedly last spring. It will be bittersweet event I'm sure. We will be driving DS2 downtown so he doesn't have to pay  the exorbitant parking fees for two nights.

Am definitely having my mammogram this morning - geez my brain is crazy lately. I'm making a last batch of hot tea punch. Might have to try it with some rum in it tonight. H is putting up an hanging system in the laundry room. The old hooks I had just aren't cutting it anymore. Trying to start the new year a bit more organized.  
  • Options
    Happy New Year's eve eve! H and I are doing absolutely nothing tomorrow evening. DS2 will be at a wedding. He will be making a toast since the groom's brother who was to be best man passed away unexpectedly last spring. It will be bittersweet event I'm sure. We will be driving DS2 downtown so he doesn't have to pay  the exorbitant parking fees for two nights.
    You’re good people.  My parents would do the same
    for me and it’s so appreciated! 

• Options
    Day 5627 of reorganizing my house. I have finally made it out of the guest room. I am not 100% done with it but it is done enough to get knocked down the priority list. Now I am working on "play area", basically a large landing space outside the guest room & DS's room. It is a decent size area but is just open so it ends up being a dumping ground. I am slowing moving everything that doesn't have a home towards the stairs, towards the door, towards the curb, inching day by day into the trash. Is a lot of it just random crap DH has bought and never used? Yes. Will he be upset that it is in a throw away pile? Probably. But he has had years of notice, and days of opportunity to save his shit. Hell, he probably still has a week before anything actually makes it to the trash so we will see who wins this race, lol.
  • Options
    Happy NY everyone! We are on our trip for my cousin’s wedding (reluctantly). Hoping we can stay safe and have some fun. Last minute the bride sent everyone a message saying we needed a rapid test the day of the wedding in addition to vaccination. We went to six different stores looking for a rapid test and it was low key annoying. She gave us four days notice and after Christmas too. FI and I are trying to feel out all of the events (it’s a whole hosted weekend) but tbh we’ll probably only do 2-3 things. Anything else is going to crush what’s left of our introverted souls. 

• Options
    Day 5627 of reorganizing my house. I have finally made it out of the guest room. I am not 100% done with it but it is done enough to get knocked down the priority list. Now I am working on "play area", basically a large landing space outside the guest room & DS's room. It is a decent size area but is just open so it ends up being a dumping ground. I am slowing moving everything that doesn't have a home towards the stairs, towards the door, towards the curb, inching day by day into the trash. Is a lot of it just random crap DH has bought and never used? Yes. Will he be upset that it is in a throw away pile? Probably. But he has had years of notice, and days of opportunity to save his shit. Hell, he probably still has a week before anything actually makes it to the trash so we will see who wins this race, lol.
    Hubby gets stressed every time I say there is a throw away pile.  I warn him, and it is stuff he'll probably never used, but he's always been "but what if..."  And gets really angry when I suggest that we just buy it if we need it then instead of having junk around our house for years.  His latest thing is this massive bag of hangers I have.  I can honestly just get them for free when we need them ...

Happy New Years everyone!  I am also of the do-nothing ilk.  I am looking forward to having a nice blueberry tea and probably going to bed before midnight.  I have tomorrow and Monday off.  Today is my dad's birthday.  I had to work today because i needed to train someone, but then she decided to call in sick ... for the third time when I had her scheduled for training.  So I missed my dad's birthday for nothing.  I'm a bit ticked, but I'll see him tomorrow.  We're going to eat olie bollen and play games.

• Options
    Annoying @kerbohl! But your day tomorrow seems fun.

I have a ton of pant hangers but not enough for tops.  I threw a ton out in spring cleaning and then bought a bunch of tops in the fall and now I need more. Maybe I’ll do another spring cleaning in a few months.

also, spring, you’re welcome any time. 

• Options
    @kerbohl there are definitely some hangers in the throw away pile, lol. About 40-50 of them tbh. There's also a bundle of wired headphones to phones we no longer have. We both have wireless headphones so I understand keeping 1 or 2 but not 15. We also have an unreasonable amount of microfiber cloths. I don't think he can exit a car place without buying a pack of them.... Okay fine, but then keep them with the car stuff and not in the guest room. DH won't actually be upset with throwing away the stuff since it is mostly just random bits out of the back of closets and junk drawers. A few years ago he probably would have fought me but now he is just happy I am not making him do anything to help.