Texas-Houston

Reception for under $20K

Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice/upscale venue for a 200 person reception? We dont want to spend anymore than $20K on the total reception. We really liked Royal Oaks Country Club, but when you factor in all the other costs, its out of our budget. I feel like we have gotten quotes from every place in Houston, and havent found that one place that we love.

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Reception for under $20K

• We are having ours at Bentwater Yacht Club on Lake Conroe. We are having a buffet with open bar for beer and wine and it's $50 per person. $1K rental for gazebo for ceremony and $1K rental for reception.
  • Have you looked at The Petroleum Club. For their large room which holds well over 200 ppl there is a minimum of 10k for food which comes out to about $50 per person. There is no rental fee and bar is based on consumption at wholesale prices which they say average about 20-25 per person for an open bar. Of course open bar is optinal. They have linens and banquet chairs so you dont have to rent anything if you choose not to and the space is gorgeous enough that it does not need much decor at all.

We are having our reception here and could not be more thrilled with them so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I 2nd the Petroleum Club - you cannot beat the views!
  • Thanks. I havent tried the Petroleum Club cause I just assumed that it would be way out of our budget. I have been to a couple of corporate events there and really like it. Plus you cant beat the view.
  • lnhassellnhassel member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I can send you all of the pricing options if you would like to see it. However my pm's are not working TK sucks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LNHASSEL - can you also send me the pricing options? I cant PM you
    stephanie.k.sanchez@hotmail.com

thanks!
  • I noticed your wedding is on a Saturday. Are you will to move it to Friday or Sunday? We would have saved $5,000 if we had our wedding on a Friday.

Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • yes, check the petroleum club their venue is gorgeous and really the pricing is really good to me for the amount of people and what they inlcude
  • Try looking north of Houston - there are some amazing venues in Spring, The Woodlands, and Conroe that are WELL within that price range.  

Off the top of my head: In Tomball there is La Tranquilla Ranch. In the Woodlands there is Belle Rose Maison, Woodlands Convention Center, and the gorgeous Chapel in the Woods.

In Conroe, there are several venues on the lake as well as Heather's Glen which has a beautiful chapel.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• I would say for "upscale", consider the Petroleum Club.
  • also if you like something a little different, i've seen quite a few brides have their wedding at the musuem and it is gorgeous

• Lnhassel- I wanted to pm you but it wasn't working... I am seriously considering the Petroleum Club, but the smaller room since I am only having about 150 people. Anyways, who are you coordinating everything thought at TPCH? I met with the catering manager for a tour but I have read on a few other forum posts that they worked with either Jeremy or Cheryl? Are you working with either of them? Thanks!
  • I am working with Cherie and she has been amazing so far. She responds very quickly to all of my questions and has even given me advice on vendors. I would highly recommend her although I have heard very good things about Jeremy as well!

I dont know what is wrong with my PM's they have never worked and I dont know how to fix it :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Can you send me info on The Petroleum club? agrigar@sbcglobal.net Thanks
  • Just an FYI- they told me the Petroleum Club is booked every Saturday for the rest of 2012 :(
  • liz- I just realized we are date twins! I havent seen you over on the September board so I didnt put it together until I saw your post about the Petroleum Club booked through 2012 and I looked to see what your date was. That stinks but it doesnt surprise me I booked for September last March so almost a year ago and we almost didnt get our date then either.

If you are looking for non- location related questions you may try venturing over to the September 2012 board. They are a bunch of awesome ladies with great ideas!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards